Content Creators will not Let Moira be Playable

I cannot believe what i just watched but this is the reality of this game and it’s “content” creators.

There is also a podcast happening rn. with SVB where this guy is literally crying about Moira being so strong and him not being able to deal with her. With Samito trying to convince everyone that Ana is unpickable, a throw pick and that she should not be picked. Flats is was the only one being reasonable and said that she is only good because of the meta and because this meta is all about quickly dying or surviving.

This is the definition of clownery. Content creators that were crying about Ana and anti being too strong, mourning the “death” of their most skilled Support while they are trying to convince everyone how Moira requires absolutely no skill at all and gives tons of value. I swear this game needs to go to hell ASAP, so these jobless “content” creators get to actually do something else but cry and complain for the living.

71 Likes

I don’t see why they needed to buff her lock on radius, but it doesn’t make much difference either way.

I think she was fine before the last patch and she is slightly more powerful now. There are still bigger problems on the support role

7 Likes

kind of watch that video and he had a moira player on his team as well in some games but didnt complain about it.

moira will always be hated regardless and yea i wouldnt be surprised someday if a rework again by the devs. ill just enjoy it while it lasts and kill some genjis

6 Likes

I don’t often counterswap but I will swap to Moira

2 Likes

doesnt work all the time. if there team is pwning us even trying to counter genji doesnt work out and there are the rare cases a genji way above my skill level owns me even as moira.

just a better player hehe

1 Like

Moira needs to visit some of these “content creators” and convince them otherwise. She needs some new test subjects.

6 Likes

kind of wish she visited me but maybe not … it probably wouldnt be pleasant

4 Likes

Moira was nerfed in every conceivable way except for right click dmg. Her heals are bad, more HP means meter goes away much quicker, less self healing, dmg orbs can’t finish off people, heal orbs don’t sustain you which is absurd. Allies die through coalescence, you die through coalescence, enemies don’t die to coalescence.

Her only saving grace is that every other support has it even worse

41 Likes

They came out and stated she kills faster than she did in season 8 which is weird considering we have more hp. Her range needs to be nerfed or her damage. No reason she should have both.

2 Likes

if she does kill faster then yea maybe they will nerf her damage a bit. if thats the case then it will suck but hey they gotta do what they gotta do. if the stats show a real high pick and win rate? like silly or something

1 Like

I don’t particularly hate Moria but I think they’re struggling with her identity, which is why we have these issues. I think removing her lock on mechanism and just giving her a beam instead would be more engaging imo, but the damage she has is to high rn. Dps passive and range make her very tedious to deal with unlike before.

1 Like

It’s likely because content creators believe they have leeway on how the game performs/is worked around. So if they whine about something, they believe it will be tweaked in their favor. So by stating their ‘opinion’ that Moira is the worst pick or that she’s annoying or a throw pick, they believe that Blizzard will just go ‘oh yeah, they’re so right, let’s just kneecap Moira into the ground because a few content creators whined about her’. Because they want her to stay that way because she’s ‘skillless’.

A lot of content creators are absolute jokes, their word isn’t worth a dime and they put too much value into their own ‘opinions’.

6 Likes

Overwatch struggling with character identity? Color me surprised, considering they cant even land on an identity for the entire game now.

First a random switch to 5v5, now a year later with S9 ruining every last breakpoint and giving guns Quake hitboxes, Blizzard doesnt know what Overwatch is anymore.

Entire game is gradually getting less and less recognizable, slowly turning into a custom game lobby.

5 Likes

First they want supports to heal less, now they want them to damage less. Like guys this is all moira has, damage and healing, you cant make her suck at both she has nothing else.

32 Likes

Moira time to kill on a typical dps or support went from 4 seconds (for 200hp) to 3.8 seconds (for 250 hp). Yes, this is better, but anyone screeching about her getting an enormous buff to ttk is being disingenuous. This is still extremely slow when compared to most characters.

Funny thing is, the same content creators upset about Moira being in the meta will be the first people upset about the meta being stagnant and only being the same handful of characters.

23 Likes

Id suggest you do what i do: never watch or listen to any of em. Dont care what they think.

Ive watch jay3 or whatever, back in the day, but only because i found him mildly entertaining -never cared what his hot takes were and he didnt seem to be blabbing about it constantly like that fat guy and samwise or whatever his name is.

1 Like

i just don’t get the confusion. it’s like one side of this community is claiming that supports need to contribute more than just healing and use damage and utility cuz healbotting is dead

but then you get people complaining when supports who are able to contribute good reliable damage or good reliable utility are seeing play.

like, we all acknowledge that SOME one has to be the most played support right? if you nerf healing, characters who can do more than heal are going to do better. why are we talking about nerfing moira??

5 Likes

Moira does need a slight nerf. She’s way to good right now

I cant imagine wanting a hero who has no utility outside of heals, more heals, or damage, or more damage to be nerfed.

3 Likes

They need ignore the content creators because literally don’t make the game better. Moira isn’t even strong or good right now

9 Likes