Console players unite!

Former console Overwatch player here! I actually really love you guys so much because I’ve noticed console players tend to be more chill than the PC scene. The literal only reason I left console Overwatch is because I couldn’t afford my PS4 membership every month. D: I desperately want an Xbox One so I can play Overwatch with my friends that aren’t on PC or PS4, but they’re too expensive for me. :x: :x:

So yeah, sending love to the console players! <3

2 Likes

PS4 user here, but I do have Overwatch on my gaming laptop. I only got it for the PTR. I regret that now.

I can’t even use keyboard and mouse. Been a console player since I was a baby and I’m too lazy to learn anything new. Controllers for lyfe.

3 Likes

Console yeyeah :metal:

I’m on PS4 and prefer console for many reasons (have also played on PC). No hardware or software issues, better match quality, fewer streamers, nobody in Discord instead of team chat, no enemy team trash talking in match chat, never seen a cheater/hacker. It’s just all better for me. All I’m missing out on is a little framerate. Well worth it.

4 Likes

Ps4 been a console guy my whole life.

Got a pc last year and bought overwatch again and it just felt weird so i stayed on console

Xbox

Always been a Console player and Controller user. PC (outside of graphics) just seems pointless to me. Theyre expensive, i dont want to deal with 15 launchers, i dont want to deal with upgrading and full on troubleshooting a system, I wouldnt use KB&M, and id rather have everything in one set up/under on “roof” (just turn my TV on and go)

Yeah, we have our own issues, like Console exclusives and paying for Online. But, all in all, I like it better.

Not really.

We lack features or substitutes for them that PC has (like no Text Chat or better communication system than just the Wheel or VC that few use). Also, we have a huge Smurf problem, because alt accounts are free and things like that.

Simple. Its made by Blizzard. Theyve been a “PC First” Company, since I can remember. Console Players (Xbox and PS) are second class citzens to them. Hell, Nintendo is even worse. Blizz never even gave them the time of day, until the Switch.

1 Like

Man the game is so bad also on pc and you want a better ow on console? Xd

PS4.

My computer is shared and incapable of running Minecraft+Mods/Shaders.
Heck when I started the PS4 and OW weren’t even mine, they were both my lil bro’s. Someone owed me and paid in buying me my own console and lil bro decided he didn’t particularly like OW, but he did like Bloodbourne (my game) so we traded.

I really think there are a lot of console friendly upgrades the OW team should really invest in adding. Hell BL3 has a nice adaptive ping system and I only play that solo, there are definitely options for better optimization on console.

PS4

I’ve always been a console head, especially when it comes to the Tekken and Street Fighter franchises and fighters in general. The only thing on PC I really messed with was M.U.G.E.N.

On PS4 (As well as having PC accounts).

Before I ever had a method of playing PC games, I had bought a PS4 and I bought Overwatch when I did. I still don’t have a proper PC, but since Nvidia GeForce Now became a thing I play using that with the majority of my friends, despite the input lag and other issues. I get on PS4 to play the game without lag and just solo queue, and I feel like it’s a better experience, probably because I’m running it natively. I’m building a PC right now so I should soon transfer completely to PC.

Console Overwatch is alright. If cross-play was a thing that’d be nice.

Xbox because I’m poor to get a PC, plus tbh I always wanted an Xbox instead of a pc🤷‍♀️

xbox, I suck at moving on pc, I hate ovw on console it’s a cesspool of Mercy one tricks :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So many ps4 players in here. I’m also on ps4 as I don’t have a pc and the laptop I do own is like 15? years old. Let’s just say it’s still running windows xp. Also ps4 has Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn.

just a preface: Im not trying to be rude or call you a console pleb, I myself played OW on PS4 for the first 2 years it was out

the reason console is rare in the Overwatch scene is because, one, consoles are geared towards casuals, easy to set up, cheaper, decent performance. Overwatch is a competitive game, so naturally a non-competitive system wouldn’t be ideal. Second, the controls on console are less accurate, you are stuck with sticks that can only move like half an inch either direction and you can only turn as fast as your sensitivity allows, don’t believe me, console games literally have built in (although week) aimbot. Again, Overwatch is competitive so of course people are going to pick the platform with more accurate and versatile controls, also text chat is pretty nice.

Xbox here.

I do most of my gaming on console for a multitude of reasons: years of muscle memory on a controller, not having to check specs or upgrade for new games, lazyboy in front of a big screen is way more relaxing then hunched over a desk, etc.

I’m mostly satisfied with OW on console(as opposed to vs PC, not the state of the game as a whole). My only real gripe is m&k not being banned. Everything else, like free smurf accounts and no cross console play, are outside of Blizz’s control.

PS4 and PC player here.

Owned the ps4 version first, since the uprising update. Got every character’s achievements (exception of Ashe, Baptiste and Sigma’s however I have some of them unlocked on pc) and had fun with it along the way. Heck the last two trophies I needed for the platinum was Hanzo and Genji quadkills (because pre role queue sucked and they’d both be locked instantaneously :sweat_smile: )

Console is definitely more relaxed, however gets frustrating in high tiers when you come across alts throwing or m&k on top of the long queue times. Text chat is a blessing and a curse on pc. But apart from that they are the same experience.

I at least prefer console as everyone is playing with roughly the same specs so it’s an even advantage.

Wish we had more platform specific changes and control setups to work with. But overall I’m happy.

Plus Spiderman and God of War :weary: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I game on pc and console but i have more fun on console.

I just hope when the 2020 consoles come that 120fps capabilities get used with old titles like ow and hopefully ow2 not just 120fps on select titles

We need a frame rate revolution!!

Thats the FURTHEST thing from the truth stick to PC from someone who plays both.

1 Like

I’m on PS4 and even though I now have a good PC, I’ve gotten too used to console movement, so I stay.

Switch, I can’t afford anything else

I always love these threads with “console players” in the title but PC players immediately jump in with “I’m not a console player but let me give you a 400 page essay on why OW on consoles is bad” :roll_eyes:

Xbox

Console player since I was a little girl, controllers are the only way I’m comfortable playing, fps games are the only games where m+Kb are an asset over joystick/controller and I only play OW and Paladins for fps, and console exclusive games are too good to pass up. Would not have wanted to wait a year to play RDR2 for example.

That said, I have made some good friends in the past 4 months who play exclusively on PC, so I would be open to playing on PC if it meant being able to play with them.

On the whole, yes. But I can understand how it may not be for others who have experienced different situations.

1 Like