{MEGATHREAD} Console Players Still Feeling like 2nd Class Citizens. [400 likes, 1500 responses]

Did any of you guys get the update yet? I can’t download it…

Pretty sure it’s not available on PS4 yet :unamused:

I think I saw some xbox players saying it’s up? Just gotta restart the system I guess

Regardless, I hope it hits in the next couple minutes

It’s been accidentally delayed a bit for PS4 users

Blizzard is looking into it at the moment

It should be available today

Complain to your console manufactures! :frowning: It’s not Blizzard’s fault Sony and Microsoft make them jump through hoops for the tiniest little things

It used to hit on point 20h paris time.

Didn’t think I’d have reiterate on this another time…

We’ve been asking for a lot of this stuff since launch; that amounts to 2 YEARS. It should go also without saying that we’ve been asking for a lot of this stuff way before the Overwatch League was even announced. And a lot of this stuff as well is not that hard to implement either; justified further by the fact that other games, both current and from previous Console Generations, have been able to implement such items just fine. Tell me: how long must we wait for something as simple as a DEVELOPER RESPONSE to our concerns? Even something as simple as a response from a developer in this thread would not take more than 15 minutes.
Edit: I refer to this thread by the way: Simple things that aren't on console, but should be. (List) (Add your suggestions)

Also, don’t even bother trying to say that the Development Team doesn’t have time to respond to this thread or our concerns in general. You and I both know that that’s an absolute lie, and just merely looking in the Dev Tracker shows that they clearly have the time to respond to forum threads. Well, the new (now current) forums have been around for 2.5 MONTHS; and not a single Console thread on these forums has gotten a direct response from the Development Team. Heck, the last time that a Console thread DID get a direct response from the Development Team was 1 MONTH before the new (now current) Forums were launched.

As far as Console Players are concerned, that post of yours is just a self-serving excuse that people such as yourself like to use to try justifying why something can’t be added. Remember though, previous games, both from current and previous Console generations alike, were able to implement such items without issues. That excuse can’t be justified because of the OVERWHELMING amount of time that’s passed. It’s one thing if this post was initially made at launch; but we’re 2 YEARS beyond that now.

I will admit though that Blizzard themselves do not use that excuse; only their defenders do.

Take the time to read these following posts from the original thread. Each of them go even further in-depth on this and explain why that excuse can’t be justified:

I challenge you to do this: If, after reading everything that’s in this post (everything that’s linked too), you still think you can justify that excuse, then by all means, I’d love to see you try justifying it.

4 Likes

watching pc game play looks like an entirely different game, we NEED changes and alot of them

Still going without any change, I see. Good on you, Eternity, keep fighting the fight. Can’t say I’m surprised at the lack of response though, Jeff and the Devs seem hellbent on alienating their console playerbase and stigmatizing them against future purchases of Blizzard products because that’s where I’m personally at with all of this.

3 Likes

Never again will I trust Blizzard or activision as a matter of fact. No more console games will be bought which were touched by them. If I get back to PC, that’s one thing but console is clearly not going to get what it deserves so why should I pay for it?

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t play overwatch anymore, I’ve moved on to other games that actually have a decent aim system with customisation like fortnite. They even support native mouse and keyboard, which is completely up to the developer to integrate, and not limited by Sony.

Until we get some real improvements I’ll just leave overwatch collecting dust.

I’m legitimately scared for the game right now. I know every time new heroes have been released people would lose their mind over how OP it is and that they would quit the game. I never felt like that for any of the heroes, but Brig is legitimately scaring me in terms of how unhealthy the game is growing up to be. I mean I actually 'carried’teamfights by just hitting everything in the face without thinking in a team fight ending up with a teamkill and I literally didn’t understand anything…

On console, we’re completely being neglected. Up to now waiting times still didn’t seem to have increased for me yet. But I’m actually scared people will leave the game. I couldn’t be mad at them, even I’m thinking about it… and yet I’ve been an OW fan for 2 years now.

Never stopped playong except for exam time but lately I’m getting more and more frustrated every time I play… It’s not frustration because I can’t climb. On the contrary, I’ve been on a 60+% average winstreak since S7. That is not my problem at all. I find myself wanting to take more and more and longer breaks from the game.

I used to play at least 2h a day… I’ve never enjoyed a game for such a long time! I hate that this game is ignoring us…

Looks like I’m able to edit the title and OP again… Hurray~
Yeah, I don’t know why I couldn’t for some time. It wasn’t because I was suspended or silenced; I was able to post and edit other topics of mine just fine, it was only this thread that I couldn’t.

So, yeah I’m able to keep things more updated in the OP now

Yayy I guess… can you give us the stats on the post position? Top comments, read, likes?

Just curious to see what more we need to do to get a response…

Most top comments in this thread in terms of likes are at the beginning, so not much to say there.

Number of views for this thread: It’s approaching 7,000 (not quite there yet as of this post)

At the time of this post:
This is the 100th most viewed thread overall on these forums. It’s the 75th most viewed thread in General Discussion, and the 16th most viewed thread in General Discussion that does not have a direct response from the Development Team.

It’s worth noting that this is by far the most viewed Console thread on the Forums overall, period. Like, it’s not even close; the next most viewed Console thread on the Forums is also in General Discussion, and has only about 2,000 views.

2 Likes

OK, may have missed this in an earlier update as I don’t use it often, but now when you open the communication wheel, you can hit L1/R1 to change to spray, voice, and emote menus. When did this get added?

That got added very early 2017; it goes way back.

Thanks. Completely missed it. Don’t use the wheel much as I’m always in voice.

Thank you very much. I really don’t get it… yesterday seemed like a good moment to take their time to at least reply to us… unless we push them in an AMA or in a live interview from one of the youtubers, I really see a bleak future for us…

I’m still here all, hopefully Blizz can deliver good changes to us soon

I remember Jeff saying that it was possible for them to do a console PTR but I highly doubt they’ll do that. They need more quality of life hero changes like what they did with Ana. Also…BRING TEXT CHAT TO CONSOLE.