Console OW is dead, i give up

First of all i love Overwatch, my favorite game ever to be honest.

Playing since launch, through every season, every event and recently reached platinum level border.

I fought for better console state for 2 years.

First they started to ignore minor issues existing only on consoles, fine.

Then some heroes like Pharah reached higher winrate then any of dpss on PC at PS4 GM for over 1 year. Some heroes underperformed compared to PC but promised separate balancing never came again after 2 years old Sym and Torb changes.

Then they added SMS authenticator PC ONLY, this thing would help consoles extremely well, because we are basically drowning in smurfs, because they are free, but no, PC only.

The last drop for me was when i gave them through email full video evidence of DDOSERS and boosters, they arent banned, its been 3 months. Comp is circus.

Add to it abusing of mouse and keyboard which was last talked about year ago that they dont like it, but no followup. Its not bannable.

And i can go for such a long time, we were promised adjustable deadzones year ago, nothing. Even little details, like those who tried free PC weekend are stucked with the icon there and cant change it on forums, they said they are working on it in my ticket, that was half year ago and so on and on.

You can look in Eternity thread for more - {MEGATHREAD} Console Players Still Feeling like 2nd Class Citizens. [400 likes, 1500 responses]

I personally give up any kind of console-specific suggestions, i dont think they care about the consoles, at all. We may be even glad that we are still getting same updates as PC.

Its sad, so much wasted potentional, i will support those who will still fight for better consoles experience and maybe one day something changes. But from me this is it concerning consoles specific ow.

I will keep playing because i love the core of Overwatch, heroes, gameplay, maps, etc. But i wont hope for any help to consoles anymore, maybe some game will finally interest me more one day, its about time.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english.

101 Likes

Honestly, that is how I look at it, I am just glad we are still getting the same updates as PC. The mouse and keyboard problem is the only one I care about because it makes the Widow duel feel blatantly unfair, but whatever, I have improved a lot because of it.

9 Likes

Yeah, hopefully updates will always go for all platforms and atleast we can enjoy them.

4 Likes

How do you know they weren’t banned? Not being facetious, but legitimately curious.

Isn’t it entirely possible they have received a ban at some point over the 3 month period and served it accordingly?

Just wondering. You make plenty of valid points and as a console player I too can empathize with your position as a whole.

2 Likes

The above is why I stopped tryharding and decayed out of GM, just to play with friends.

Sweating every game for a sometimes unfinished product isn’t fun. I’ll opt to play for fun with friends

20 Likes

Unfortunately, neither Sony nor Microsoft can do anything about the mouse and keyboard issue on consoles. This is an old problem from the previous generation of consoles. The third party hardware used simulates controller functions. The consoles simply detect a controller being used.

But blizzard can listen to the reports and ban them

2 Likes

The worst thing about OW on Console Pharmercy 80% of the Games and the Loser Team instant switch to Pharah / Pharmercy and get the win damn it is so frustrating

19 Likes

Same with the problem on the aim assist system.

On paladins they have two slide bars to set the tracking aim asssit strenght and another bar to set the magnetic aim asssit strenght…

But on ow we cant disable the magnetic strenght… I really hate when the aim assist move my crosshair. I only want the slow sensitivy effect.

And yes… we hate pharahmercy, this combo on console is a lot more frustrating/broken than scatter or junkrat with no nerfs.

9 Likes

I can’t believe the voice chat on PS4 hasn’t been fixed for almost a week. They literally do not care about consoles anymore.

9 Likes

they also don’t fix bugs on console Hero’s keep saying keep up our defense while on attack, anuibis attack hero selection screen is totally black theres loads more.

also cratered is still broken and is worse for console players since we have real achievement hunters who will throw to unlock it.

4 Likes

Someone needs to reconcile the dichotomy of Pharah being the best DPS and the proliferation of M&KB in higher ranks for me.

The M&KB users are a main reason why I don’t feel at all incentivized to crawl up and out of Diamond. Not worth it. It’s so obvious when you see someone doing it, too – I’m sure people think I KB&M some matches I play as Widow because my sensitivity is so high, but you can tell based on diagonal movements when someone is and isn’t playing legitimately.

3 Likes

Ban who? Sony nor Microsoft have no special detector built into the consoles to see who is using 3rd party hardware nor do they have the staff to police the allegations of anyone using a mouse and keyboard on a console.

2 Likes

It’s genuinely sad, but I guess if they can’t buff and fix at a real speed here, consoles would be almost never =/

I find it pretty hard to believe nowadays that they couldn’t develop a deep neural net AI to detect M&KB users on console, at least if they dedicated effort to it. I think the case is more that they don’t care.

I don’t think it’s dead, I still get games very quickly.

What’s dead is blizzard’s balancing skills and content updates.

3 Likes

I’m more-so curious as to how this became an issue to begin with at all… Like, seriously; how?

Do they even test the consequences of their actions on the Consoles? Clearly not…

1 Like

She is the top one dps pickrate on ps4 gm

2 Likes

Nor is it Sony/Microsoft’s job to handle this issue on Console. It’s entirely up to the developers, not the Console Manufacturers.

1 Like