Congratulations, whiners (RE: Symm Nerfs)

Symmetra didn’t even get to be viable for a month.

(for those who haven’t seen):

Symmetra

Primary Fire

• Beam width lowered from 0.3 meters to 0.15
  • Beam DPS per level lowered from 65/130/195 to 60/120/180
84 Likes

I hope they’re beefing up her health and TP since she has to be the biggest sitting duck ever for even longer to get close range kills!

38 Likes

No one whine at Symmetra dude, it’s just the devs.
Stop trying to make people fight each others.

14 Likes

Really, so all the threads over the past week were my imagination?

I sure hope so too. I can’t even believe they lowered the damage of her initial ramp up. If they wanted to take a tiny bit of damage off the high end, fine, but they could have left the first two values intact.

I’ll still play her, of course, but now I’m going to be back to people whining about it.

29 Likes

Wait, what happened?

1 Like

“hi im wilk and i literally close my eyes when the truth is right in front of my face”

while the whining wasnt as bad when compared to brig, people still whined about symm

14 Likes

I don’t think it was whiners this time honestly. The community mostly considered the beam heroes to be balanced so this was them basing it off personal experience and stats. I really hope this doesn’t go through

2 Likes

I didn’t see any thread talking about nerfing Symmetra 3.0.
I saw Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo, Widow even Bastion. But never I’ve seen thread about Symmetra 3.0.

Also, I don’t think the devs nerf character based on the people complaining about them on this forums.

6 Likes

Symmetra

Primary Fire

• Beam width lowered from 0.3 meters to 0.15
  • Beam DPS per level lowered from 65/130/195 to 60/120/180

If I can play launch Symmetra I can play this but good Lord. Why nerf her first two ramps? Is barely over Winston dps really so deadly you had to make her first level do Winston’s DPS but without the AOE and bigger hitbox??? What???

12 Likes

he lives in a world of alternative facts…

1 Like

Just from the past two days, I don’t have enough time to go through 1000 more posts.

13 Likes

I don’t think Devs listen to whiners anyway; not the unreasonable ones anyway. But I would like the know Dev’s reason for her nerf. :thinking:

An Hero that has an Pick rate less than 1.0 percent gets nerf. Bad balancing at its finest.

17 Likes

Oh, there actually people complaining about here, that’s really strange.

…that’s actual bullcrap

1 Like

It is.

As a Symm main who had an account dedicated entirely to her and who has endured the flaming and the toxicity that comes along with playing her, I was so grateful that her beam was finally viable and that I could play her and know I wasn’t going to get screamed at because I’d be in the kill feed.

Now I’m going to be back to desperately trying to maintain my cool as people yell at me for not doing enough damage and demand I switch from my hero of choice, not because I suck at her, but because Blizzard seems determined that Symmetra will never be viable.

I’m not even annoyed about the width change. I have good accuracy with the beam, that doesn’t concern me at all. But the damage change? Unnecessary.

1 Like

Um… The first one is implying the opposite of her being OP, and explain it’s only because the players pick.

The second one Is indeed calling her OP, but with 2 likes, it’s not a popular opinion of this forum. But this forum is indeed special, and luckily the devs knows that.

For the record, i don’t really think the changes where necessary at the moment, but it is funny to see the reaction here.

1 Like

I’m aware. If you actually READ the thread though, you’ll see all the people whining about her being OP.

And these were not the only threads, they were just the ones most easily available to me in my dropdown because they were threads I actively participated in.

None of this changes the fact that this damage nerf is completely unneeded.

i wish sym “mains” would quit the game and go play something else. she has a high win rate in her niche, you play the game like its an rpg and expect your avatar to be played in every situation. leave the game if you dont like it and dont want to play the game as intended. your constant complaining is super toxic.