Confusion on Free credits?

Continuing the discussion from Blog said CREDITS NOT COINS (OW2 cur.) new skins costs COINS:
Ok so I saw this post and the replies on it. And it’s kinda confusing. Now the facts are that these free credits will be completely different from payable coins which is what basically what every free-to-play/monetization game has. Also the blog did mention the lowering of skin prices from 1900 to 1500 but this will only apply to OW1 skins. But the impression people seem to have here is that these new free credits can only be used on OW1 cosmetics and not on OW2 cosmetics. Like seriously is this for real? I don’t think so and just to clarify I managed to buy matsuri skin and confident victory pose for kiriko using legacy credits.

Old skins and the perma cosmetics heroes launch with, no event or rotating shop cosmetics.

1 Like

But can they be used on battle pass?

Nope, premium coins only for that.

There was originally text in the blog post content creators got about rotating some OW2 skins for free credit purchase as well but that was removed by the time it went public. For now at least, the currency is solely for OW1 stuff and the cosmetics heroes launch with.

Well that sucks. But it’s something.

1 Like

Legacy credits already exist in the game, they’re the ones that carried over from OW1. They’re simply being renamed and now awarded in the BP.

I’m literally sad to realize that those posts are going to pop up every now and then and witnessing people going from excited to disappointed again.

Emotional roller coaster because some company likes to get their playerbase confused on purpose to trick them into logging in and farming currency that isn’t worth anything.

This thread is one of many others to come (won’t beat the “Please bring back Pink Mercy skin” threads though lol).

Yup but they were meant to die as it was impossible to earn any on F2P Overwatch. Now we can but they still remain kind of pointless. Keeping them was a compromise devs didn’t have the choice but to make since a lot of people earned a lot of currency on OW1, and as they couldn’t / wouldn’t turn them into OW2 currency, they had to carry them over to F2P Overwatch (though being mostly useless currency).

Edit : Let’s not forget they also incentivize us to spend all of OW1 credits before the update without telling us we could buy basic skins to new heroes :sweat_smile:

I spent all of my alt account’s credits on useless OW1 skins thinking those credits would be useless after the update… Joke on me, I guess, though they tricked us.

No issues on my main account since I owned all of the OW1 available skins.