Confirmed: Sigma nerf/Sombra buff on PTR

Forgot about junks trap lol.

But that’s what I’m saying. For the sake of balance some of the realism has to be dropped. In that context a controllable barrier that has a resource bar has always been hackable since it counts as a channeled ability. Its why I was surprised when it remained after hack. It wasn’t consistent with other deployable barrier users.

Also, Hog’s Hook and Breather :joy:

2 Likes

Roadhog also forgets how to throw a completely physically operated hook or breath in a can.
Ana forgets how to throw a grenade.
Mccree forgets how to roll and throw a fire cracker, as you said :stuck_out_tongue:
Hanzo forgets how to use a completely physical ability (Lunge)
Soldier forgets how to run slightly faster than normal people.

These are all things that are completely physical and I just don’t understand how they are affected by hack >.>

Well, the flashbang is tech, so it makes sense. But man, there’s no way to explain the roll, lol. Sombra hacked his spine, gave him temporary scoliosis?

Ah, I see what you mean now. I was looking at it in the opposite direction, I suppose lol. I view it more as a deployable, so I wasn’t so much concerned that the device that launches / controls it is attached to sigma as I was the rules about it being a deployable.

But if you view it more like a rein / brig barrier, then the hack makes sense.

Bad idea. This makes Sombra a must pick instead of encouraging what should happen which is a melee/beam counter comp.

Are there any other Sombra buffs planned? What about D.Va, is she on the radar at all or are you happy with where she is at the moment?

1 Like

This isn’t about good or bad ideas. This bug fix is 100% about consistency.

Sigma and Hog will just do a switcheroo and Sombra stays in the gutter.

1 Like

Well when I learned it wasn’t removed I tired to justify it to myself.

“Maybe it isn’t removed because it’s held in place by Sigma’s unhackable powers?”

He does float after all when hacked.

But I always went back to that device on his arm. Looks very close to Reins own barrier. It might be one of same design and it is indeed his gravity powers that hold it in position. (I like to think this, holding his barriers in place like magneto)

So in this case this interaction makes sense. Sigma can hold the barrier in place even if hacked but when he’s hacked the barrier projector can’t function.

Bwahahah. They’re using Sombra to basically remove Doomfist and Sigma from the game. “Hard counters are fun guys”. Pfeh, I am glad I quit Overwatch and don’t have to put up with this nonsense anymore. You also won’t be able to play wrecking ball either. GG, you just removed 2 fun tanks from a role that suffers from the smallest player base.

2 Likes

Sombra stays bad. All the Sigma has to do is switch to Hog and take the free win because Sombra is still garbage. Doom stays uneffected and actually is still better against Sombra than on the old patch.
Playing Sombra just as a dedicated Doom counter doesnt work.

From a consistency standpoint, I’m pretty sure the community treated the shield as a deployable same as Orisa’s or Winston’s. It’s not as if Sigma is channeling it.

And if we’re being consistent, should Sound Barrier activate while in mid-air in Gravitic Flux?

Wait, you mean that sigma’s barrier vanishes when he’s hacked?

That sounds terrible.

1 Like

stop buffing sombra or reduce her utility and give her gun a buff. making such an unfun hero with a loaded CC kit was the worst idea ever.

1 Like

So a change that goes against all other similar interactions?
Makes sense.

3 Likes

The community, I assume you mean forums, can treat it however y’all want. Those of us who understand the barrier mechanics know that Sigma’s barrier isn’t similar to Orisa’s nor Winston’s barrier. Sigma’s barrier is like Brig’s and Rein’s barrier. Orisa and Winston have CD’s for their barrier. Sigma, Rein, and Brig have resource meters for their barrier.

1 Like

Newsflash they just nerfed her utility already.

not enough…

She already is garbage meme tier. What else do you want?

i already said it… why do you want me to repeat myself?