Concord: 8/23/24 - 9/6/24

Nobody here called Concord and ow killer. How do I know?

Because nobody played it.

No one was posting anything about the game when the beta was dropping.

It was a DOA game because none of the gaming communities were talking about it.

The only ones that bizarrely talked about this game was the weird folk that get triggered by pronouns.

I forgot it even came out until YouTube algorithm blew up at creators announcing the low numbers

1 Like

Yea I have no room in my life for another live service shooter

All modern games pander to some group.

There is no media created in human history thats just made with no thought to its audience. Also once again what yall call woke is actually inclusiveness. Right wing media and their parrots won’t call it that because being anti inclusiveness doesn’t havw the same ring to it. Also It is literally, impossible for giant triple a companies to be woke. Outside of cod doing a game from the terrorist perspective.

With that being said you pretty much nailed what would’ve been my criticisms.

Heres the truth companies make things to sell. If they dropped a very inclusive game thats because their research shows thats the audience with the money.

They didn’t make mrs. Pacman to pander to girls. They made mrs. Pacman because girls were the majority of gamers at the time.

2 Likes

We can only hope. Unfortunately, alot of these publishers only see the money games like fortnight pull in not the failures in their wake.

2 Likes

Idk why people call other hero shooters as OW killer even if it doesn’t require any.

1 Like

So now competition isn’t good because one shooter died? How quickly do you give up? I imagine you trying to assemble a chair, and then deciding the chair can never be built because you lost track of one screw for 10 seconds.

1 Like

That’s why I said it’s not exactly funny, but it’s crazy how “nope” the attempt was for 8 years of development.
That is kind of worth chuckling at. No part of me would be happy about that.

1 Like

The problem is no one was going to spend $40 for a hero shooter when we already have plenty of that which are f2p AND higher quality.

2 Likes

F2P, yes, but have to disagree on the quality. Concord isn’t as good as OW, but it’s much better than other hero shooters. It’s also much more similar to CoD than a traditional hero shooter, and it’s absolutely better than the last decade of CoD.

I agree they would’ve had more success as a F2P, but I also didn’t need another game trying to charge me $20+ for a skin. I think their extra stuff would’ve been cheaper due to the purchase price.

Who are the folks who said this game was an “Overwatch Killer”. It’s had negative press coming out of the gate. It was a bigger surprise when Lawbreakers failed…

I can’t agree with this, because most of the most popular games in the world aren’t good; they were just in the right place at the right time. League, Roblox, and Fortnite come to mind.

But people insisted F2P was terrible and the OW1 model was so much better and it would create a better overall game…

I will be honest.

I don’t like the character design, like, AT ALL. Why would I abandon OW to play the SAME THING when OW is visually more appealing to me?

“You haven’t played it” is not an excuse. Show me some key elements that the game stands out, or, unique and fun, that I must try, other than graphic. Because I really haven’t heard about anything new. Could be their poor promotion strategy.

1 Like

I mean they are all good because they want to be fun and games are supposed to be fun. Fortnite was PubG but fun. LoL was DOTA made into a full game designed to be fun (and irritating). Roblox was a creation toy designed to be for people who wanted to create something more than what Minecraft allowed. Fun is always they key goal.

3 Likes

I thought Mrs. Pacman was made as a hacked version of Pacman? In which case they didn’t really make it for girls, they made it to score a quick buck off of other people’s success.

1 Like

Concord is not better than the bo6 beta let alone.

• mw3 (2023)
  • cold war
  • bo4
  • wwii
  • mwr
  • bo3
  • hell even AW.

I mean this is no June threads type of posts, but going there.

That’s just mean.

I’m sorry but it ain’t. Cod has had some dookie games but that’s majority from infinity ward because they can’t make a good cod to save their life. The rest of them are actually quite good.

And I thought my “no moon landing” uncle was crazy.