Concord: 8/23/24 - 9/6/24

Another “Overwatch killer” goes down. Hard in this case. Sony just announced game is being pulled on September 6th and is issuing full refunds.

RIP fellow hero shooter.

33 Likes

Too bad. I’ve played it a lot, and I think it’s really good. This just goes to show that it doesn’t matter whether a game is good as much as perception of it, even by people who never played it.

This is just going to cause more games to take the safe, heavily-monetized cosmetic route. Taking chances and working hard don’t matter in an industry where consumers are as petty as gamers.

Edit: Nobody is obligated to buy a game they aren’t interested in, but they also don’t have to talk trash about it when they don’t know what they’re talking about. They could just not buy it instead. It’s weird how much joy it brings gamers to see things fail, like they think it somehow reflects positively on them. Good job, internet. Very cool.

17 Likes

:saluting_face:
Another trash game bites the dust.

37 Likes

A game you have to spend $40 on failed in a genre where all the games are free?

Such a tragedy.

:rofl:

16 Likes

:saluting_face:

1 Like

its nice to finally see the OW community come together

5 Likes

Did you play it?

1 Like

When you have just 59 pc players on when it’s “peak” gaming time… You know you’re in trouble.

5 Likes

“Competition is good” they said.
The actual hero shooter that could have competed, died as fast as it could have.

It’s not exactly funny, but it’s hard not to laugh.

12 Likes

I feel kinda bad for them. Apparently its been in the works for 8 years. Imagine developing a game for that long then releasing it for a totally flop and you have to refund people who bought it. Tragic. :cry:

10 Likes

When they revealed it, the crowed sighed.

It was DoA.

4 Likes

It needs to be good to be perceived good, which it wasn’t, solid shooting mechanics but everything else needed more work.

3 Likes

Is it bad I never even knew this was a game until now?

2 Likes

Concord died faster than a mercy shooting an afk rein.

10 Likes

What do you have to say for yourselves, Overwatchians? You didnt give Sony’s new masterpiece hero shooter a chance, and now its dead. You were too busy playing 1 martian from space, when instead you couldve had a game full of aliens! For shame.

4 Likes

More like Widow headshoting an afk Tracer :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :laughing:.

I didn’t play the game but at $40, neither did millions of potential players. A game also has to look appealing, which I argue that concord was visually unappealing.

Free + looks slick = good initial numbers. After that, people will stay if the game is actually good.

Your quaint little coffee shop needs to not look like a run down hostel to get people inside in the first place, can’t look like a place you’d get murdered in.

10 Likes

Concord only lasted less than a month?

Even Battleborn server lasted longer than this (May 3, 2016 - January 31, 2021)

EDIT: LawBreaker was the shortest (August 8, 2017 - September 14, 2018) until Concord’s “record breaking” 2 week lifespan.

10 Likes

This is what we call a dead game.

11 Likes

Yep. Think the September 6th shutdown will make 2 weeks.

The game might not be completely dead. I can see some retooling and coming back as a free to play, but I doubt that will be enough to keep it going long term. Maybe the engine will get repurposed for a future game.

It’s a mediocre hero shooter plagued with bad aesthetics and negative public sentiment.

6 Likes