Concord: 8/23/24 - 9/6/24

And I do have the option to play Concord if I want to, no?

Not sure what that has to do with what I said :thinking: I obviously didn’t mean “bite the dust” as in it’s literally dying. The servers are running afaik. So feel free to pay up the 40$ and play it, I guess.

Edit: Turns out it literally is dead. Nvm. Still not crying about it, though.

You do not have the option to play Concord, no. The servers are being taken offline on the 6th. Sales for the game have already stopped. Sony is mass refunding

2 Likes

God damn that was quick :smile: unexpected for sure

4 Likes

Some of us aren’t as surprised as others.

4 Likes

I mean, No Man’s Sky didn’t just go offline a week in, yk? Even trash games can be fixed, wouldn’t have expected Sony to just give up like that.

2 Likes

i kind of feel bad for the game and its creators. of course a lot of politics in that game, so maybe making a game based on politics isnt a good idea. wont be well received by the playerbase

still i havnt played concord but it did seem well made and fluid? also wasnt it suppose to have a rich background lore. they had sort of a cinematic that looks cool or very heroes of the galaxy type esque

of course i would try it out but i dont know why it also is pay to play… maybe it would have been a bit better if it was free to play :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Me thinks you can develop your way out of overhype and underdelivering.

To fix what was broken about Concord you would have to piss off a very tiny portion of people who would be very vocal about it.

2 Likes

What politics was it based on? I play lots of games where politics takes a huge presence.

I guess the politics was gender or whatever

There is the possibility it returns as a F2P at some point but idk. Sony might not even see it as worth the money to transition the game into that model. I mean this game has literally died faster then Lawbreakers.

1 Like

Multiple things can be super weird at the same time.

the whole pronoun thing of he/she seemed like a bid deal on social media.

something that isnt politics but maybe is in a way is the non-attractive super hero type. i think a lot of players want to play the superhero type that is a jacked up he-man looking male or barbie vuluptuous female instead of your everyday average looking person.

a fantasy thing i guess, i mean i wish i looked like he-man but i look like a short mei with glasses and im male lol…doesnt mean i want to play myself in a video game

what i look close like…

2 Likes

Fair enough. People call it “politics” but I think of MGS, FF7, Deus Ex when I think of politics within games.

I think representation in games is a great thing. I don’t know what it’s like to have never played as a character who resembles me considering I’m a generic white guy

4 Likes

Gotta agree that its weird claiming something is bad without trying it.

New games are missing pieces of this that we used to see in older games.

I spoke about the Witcher series which is a prime example.

In the Witcher games there is an allegory of racism being presented in the game. Though the way CDPR represents it is unique to the story they are telling, and personally no one has done it better before or since. You see, in The Witcher, you get to live in a world where the sides, both that of the racially oppressed and the racial oppressor are explained. It paints a picture of the why, who, and what are happening. It never condones the acts of racial disparity, nor does it validate the reasons for the intolerance. What it does show you is the difficulty in managing what side you should be on, and the consequences you didn’t see at face value that you literally must follow through to completion.

The current day developer skips right to the part where “racism bad mmmmkay”. Then you are taken on a journey where none of the options have any negative consequences. Where the hero, or more often then not heroine, are just by default. Where certain demographics are evil based only on their own immutable characteristics they can’t change.

Games now trade one form of bigotry for another. And there is a portion of player who wants this to be the norm.

2 Likes

Facts. You wanna talk about a “woke” game. Thats mgs in a nut shell.

LITERALLY NOBODY ON EARTH CALLED CONCORD AN OVERWATCH KILLER.

That game was an obvious flop from the first trailer. Go woke go broke has been 100% accurate in the last year.

6 Likes

Should probably find a new term, woke is the new toxic, appropriated and misused to the point of no longer meaning anything anymore.

2 Likes

film, tv and game industry are imploding on many fronts. younger generations are so tired of the pandering that they’re showing a preference for older works.
the minuscule “modern audience” largely fails to support the works that pander to them.
even Blizz is at least renaming their former DEI department. Juno is the first character with wide appeal to be released in quite a while, imo. is there more to come?

3 Likes

I think the future will have much less, if any at all, development for “the modern audience.”

2 Likes

The paint by numbers, checking off boxes we are seeing is the same problem as the design by committee that produces a bunch of garbage low effort nostalgia cash grabs, they are making things for nobody.

1 Like