Competitive rank drop after patch (no games played,-1000 SR)

I’ve restarted my game, was in Diamond 2 as support, now my support role is in Platinum 2.
I haven’t played any games after restart.
I have one more win to complete a progress (and update my tier), but I’m sure it will update it relative to that Platinum 2.

Got response from “support”:

Salutations Oz,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to reach out to us today. I hope that the day finds you well! •ᴗ•

Please report this issue to QA using the Overwatch Bug Report Forum. Bug Report - Overwatch Forums Submissions posted there have the benefit of allowing a community discussion around high-impact bugs, which can occasionally help in prioritizing them. It will also allow you to check on existing bugs, as we also keep a list of known active issues at the top of that forum that all players can see.

Thanks again for your time and giving me the opportunity to address your issue Oz! Have a great day!

What a helpful response.

2 Likes

Same here. I played 4/5 matches with 3/4 losses from plat 5, it put me to gold 1… which happened the second time already now in this season.

1 Like

No, it’s not the same.
I did NOT play any games, I just restarted the game client.

1 Like

Linking my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Even after their BS decay stealing 600 SR each season, they randomly steal 500 more

1 Like