Competitive Placement Hindrance

Me and four other friends queued into a competitive round for our placements. We completed and lost our first placement. Upon our second placement, we were unable to play with each other anymore.

None of us are diamond+, so we can all place. The highest in our group is mid plat, the lowest is mid silver. This means that there could be a 1000 SR gap. However, this is placements, and we do not have an SR yet. It is strange that we were able to play one game and then not be able to play the next. When the platinum left, we were able to play. When the silver left, we were able to play. This means the 1000 SR gap took some effect?

As far as I remember you can place with anyone if they aren’t diamond+. Has something changed to where SR is being gained and lost in placements, making us unable to play with the 1000 SR gap? Has the gap actually begun to matter in competitive when doing placements? Alternatively, this could be a bug, hence why I have put it here. Please get back to me if you have any info on this one.

EDIT: We were 998 SR apart from each other at the start of placements.

1 Like

Your ranks in Capture the Flag Competitive may be out of range. This was a problem with CTF Comp placements while Season 8 was still live. This is listed in the known issues list.

I have been told this could be the case, but I am the only one in comp ctf who has placed in our group. I placed in gold in ctf, so that would not seem like the problem.

This happened to me too, however, our CTF Comp sr is within 1000 sr, please help

From what I’ve read of other peoples post it seems like it is assigning SR after each placement and just not showing it, instead of waiting till all 10 are done to assign.

Hello, did you solve this? I know it’s been a while since your publication turns out that days ago I’ve been playing with a friend so we could play rankeds normally but this season it does not leave the platinum era and I pray but in season 2 after 10 season it still influences?