Competitive Is Trash

Literally was perm banned the whole last season because overwatch servers were screwed up and this new season the first game I leave after we lost, i get suspended. Support says “We cant remove the ban.” Not even the damn Overwatch creators themselves could remove it. If you were deciding on buying Overwatch, dont. The game is broken on multiple occasions, people are toxic as hell, and if you have a problem HA too bad, you gotta deal with it. Not only that, but the damn Overwatch forums are messed up, I type a word and it will repeat that word like 10 times.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

3 Likes

Its the servers? I think its your internet because i havent had any issues with their servers…

And if it was “server issues” why keep playing knowing youll keep getting punishments?

You literally get

1 free no punishment leave
10 minutes
30 minutes
2 hours
8 hours
24 hours
Season Ban

And if you play games inbetween each punishment you can get multiple of each

So you have to be kicked out of ALOT of games yet you still made the choice to keep playing them complain about the ban?

3 Likes

On top of everything he says he left a game. You just get off a ban and then leave? What did you think was gonna happen? It would make Blizzard wonder if you really “disconnected” in all those games when you admit to leaving.

This is the first game I left this season and it was AFTER we lost and the words DEFEATED popped up and I left. You are allowed to leave when u lose and the games over but i guess not anymore

Actually, you don’t even get 1 free leave. Your very first punishment is already the 10-minute one with a 50SR loss.

2 Likes

You sure? Because i had a dc because my cat ripped my cord out of the wall and once the internet got fixed the “join back” went to “play” and i had no 10 min ban

But maybe because that was a placement

Yeah, I was at 2900 then got a suspend and at 2850 :frowning: and if Blizzard is gonna try to change the system, please add more penalties to people who leave their 2 teammates to try a 2v6

if you rejoin before 2 minutes are up you don’t get suspended

I’ve left and then rejoined before and have been suspended multiple times.

In reality you most likely just have bad internet. No way is it “overwatch servers were screwed up” if you DC’d enough times to get banned

2 Likes

Take it as an omen. You are MUCH better off staying far away from this game than engaging in it, IMO. Unless you have the emotional resilience of a puppet, then have at it!