Competitive forces 50-50

Will never buy another blizzard game again. They have a broken comp system with no transparency and hire trolls on forum to say “git gud” . I’ll tell you that I am a high plat player and its common to get stuck at lower levels for long periods of time because that’s how bad their comp system is with huge variances. If you go on a win streak you will automatically start your decline and loss streak shortly after. This is not a “flip a coin and you get 50-50” because their system has settings that forces this.

11 Likes

This must be your first competitive video game.

7 Likes

Literally anyone I talk to, people say the same stuff about the games. It’s just people overestimating themselves

10 Likes

You go on a loss streak immedoately after because youre not as good as the players youre playing against. Stop blaming blizzard for your shortcomings.

13 Likes

“high plat”

LMAO. If you told me low plat, maybe I’ll believe you.

Yes, at times, it does feel like it’s 50-50 but that’s because you are around your skill range.

So far, I’m maintaining 2900+ on this account and planning to make a run for diamond once I’m free.

My other accounts especially my <500SR account are in plat and climbing steadily.

Rather than get tilted, I just shrug off my loss and win my next few matches.

2 Likes

Why is it that everyone that makes posts like this have stats that prove they don’t? Like, OP, not you

3 Likes

what part of i told you ive been to bronze as well and hovered is bronze my true skill level ?

no one is overestimating anything. forced wins happen as well. the fact of the matter is blizzards comp system and broken and cant measure the variances in skill level accurately. there have been diamond players I have seen that are stuck in low gold and low golds that got to diamond and hovered there because of the forced 50-50

3 Likes

If youre not carrying those bronze games then yes you probabyl deserved to be in bronze.

6 Likes

lol ok if you say so then how do you explain i was able to get to high plat and stay there? i bet youre one of those guys that buy multiple overwatch accounts

1 Like

I have multiple overwatch accounts and i have consistently ended up in master in all of them, even when placed in plat or lower.

3 Likes

You keep saying high plat but I’m seeing mid gold.

5 Likes

The Matchmaker doesn’t force crap. It doesn’t KNOW who it’s matching with you. It thinks “duh… This guy is bronze let’s match them against this bronze. Hope it works shrug

2 Likes

Uhh it sure does , it bases it off MMR / SR. Why hide MMR ? because there are huge variances in skill base and they are afraid to admit their system is broken

2 Likes

I hover because i climbed to the rank i deserve and i am not good enough to go up. If i improve and do better, i will climb. The game didn’t place me in master, it placed me in high plat maybe diamond after i hit level 25 multiple times. I got to master by outperforming people increasing my win percentage until i got to where i belong and now im hovering there unless i get worse or better. It really isnt rocket science.

7 Likes

It’s more the game itself is way too team focused. That’s why ranked is garbage. It has nothing to do with matchmaking but the way the game’s designed. Rainbow six siege has a similar Matchmaker and it works better than overwatch because it isn’t stupidly team reliant

5 Likes

How do I become cool and edgy like you?

6 Likes

It is matchmaking , quickplay and comp is the same thing. Blizzards system forces you to “carry” , but there are too many variances with 1 tricks throwers smurfs. Amelie you are just a sheep and you don’t know anything about statistics.

1 Like

I’m having a hard time believing that you do.

7 Likes

Then tell me, how does it feel to consistently be at a lower rank than a one-trick thrower smurf, because i am a one-trick and im sitting comfortably in master. Im still waiting for any actual proof of what you are saying, so if you’re going to say that i dont know anything about statistics, you might want to demonstrate your knowledge of statistics yourself. It seems like you are having a hard time understanding how an mmr system is supposed to work int he first place.

4 Likes

Maybe I can give some perspective. Going up in Skill Rating isn’t like leveling up in typical video games. You can’t just play the game and expect to go up in SR. In fact, simply improving won’t even do it. Everyone seems to forget that there are a bunch of other real people also playing, all of which are getting better as they play. The only way to go up in SR reliably is to improve faster than everyone else at your rank. To go up in SR, you need to become better than every other player in between.

7 Likes