Competitive Disconnection unable to rejoin?

I’v been having disconnection issues lately which I will take up with customer support momentarily, but as a side note I was wondering if it was a bug that I was unable to rejoin the game after re establishing my connection to the server? I was stuck on a black loading screen which I experience in QP as well. If I hit leave game, it prompts the game to reconnect to the server instead of being stuck here, so I did that. Then when it loaded back up, my team was still in game but I did not have the option to rejoin and it counted a loss. They couldn’t invite me either as they were “in a comp game.”

Am I not allowed to rejoin placement matches? I wasn’t penalized either, as I could immediately queue back into comp yet not my ongoing game. I accept the loss and SR decrease (despite them winning the 5v6 without me) but this behavior of the game is weird.

EDIT: solved my own problem. It is because another member disconnected and the leaving penalty dissipated as the time had gone up. Yet, the player rejoined the game as well. I am very upset that you cannot choose to rejoin as I did not intend on leaving that game entirely. Especially since we won it. If we could have the option to rejoin comp games or backfll them for groups of friends or something that would be incredibly helpful.

I had a crash to desktop and was unable to join, it also suspended me.

1 Like