Competitive backfill

Please. Obviously anyone can say anything they want. I just thought for half a second that someone might exercise some good judgment and not just come in here because they’re afraid of the idea of backfill so much that they have to shout it everywhere.

I asked for downsides. Your downside is “I never want backfill because of this one very specific scenario.”

Ok. Point taken. I disagree with you, because to me that outcome is still worth having a match where there is 6v6 the entire time.

Do you have any further points? Honestly. Please contribute if you want to contribute. If you’re just here to be arbitrary then I’m not interested.

All right, I guess we’re done here man. You clearly don’t understand what I’m trying to say. SR has nothing to do with this.

You obviously werent winning when you didnt win, unless you are Oracle which can predict future.

So you were winning, but leaver left in first round you had to wait whole game to lose. I dont get it. How did you get to “winning” is mystery to me.

I undestand its issue and I presented easy solution in this topic. WHICH WAS ALREADY USED AND WORKING WELL. Back fill would make it too complicating. And would not work in many cases wherd system would be searching for someone to backfill for minutes.

Maybe it has. But you know what, from a view of someone who has spent half a year of Comp, before being consumed by real life, in low Bronze (even hitting the <500 bottom), I can say that it doesn’t matter if you have proper 6v6.

When you say things like “the only right solution is lower SR loss” that doesn’t leave any room for discussion.

Why are you being so difficult?

I’m not an oracle. The game was going well. 6v6. Good games that go well, you can win or lose them. I don’t mind losing a good game.

Someone leaves my team. My team now has a 0% chance of winning. 5v6. Does Not Work.

Now…I just sit and wait? Lose a game (for sure, 100%) that maybe I could have won if we had 6v6? How is that the most fair solution?

Again, 3 games tonight someone left. I hate it when the other team leaves too, by the way. I don’t want to sit there and wait because there’s no way they can win.

If you don’t agree this is a problem (and you clearly don’t) then please just leave me alone. Trust me, I know you hate this idea. I just want to talk to some other people who like it. I promise it won’t ever make it live anyway. Just forget about this thread.

Okay. Sure. Now I really don’t understand what you’re talking about. It doesn’t matter. Just because low bronze players are less skilled…? It doesn’t make sense. This would help low bronze matches the same as it would help a platinum match. It doesn’t matter what tier you’re in. I really don’t understand, but please SR is just not what I’m trying to discuss here.

I wish you searched forum more because there were already arguments agaisnt it from me and others so i will try to talk about the problems more.

When you will backfill? Leaver has 2 minutes to come back so you will be without player two minutes anyway. You dont want to replace them instantly right? Nobody would like to have no chance to come back. Lets say tank leave. Now what? You have to search for tank player with exact same MMR which will not be easy tank. Will you force everyone to back fill? If not chance that soneone will actualy be found by system to backfill is very small before the match ends.

And what about SR? How much SR will you give to person who backfill if game will be lost? Will you remove sr from player for loss? Good luck finding someone who will be ok with that system. If you give sr, it would be abused. If you dont remove or give SR, players will not care and many will just troll.

1 Like

First, I did search the forums to make sure that no one had posted this idea that I had. It was just an idea I had that I wanted feedback on.

The part I want feedback on, is the implementation of my idea.

The part I don’t want feedback on: whether or not you personally like the idea of backfill.

I feel like I’ve been really, really, really clear about this.

I get it. I know you personally hate it.

Also, I appreciate your concerns. Those are valid reasons. Again, to me a small chance is better than no chance. That’s why I posted this in the first place.

Now, if I found a way to solve your concerns, would you be willing to consider backfill?

I bet you wouldn’t.

But anyway, I do appreciate your contribution.

(One answer is, you don’t have to make it SR based at all. You could base it around the PRIORITY PASS system which was the whole reason I started this discussion.)

That’s it. Oh well. Maybe a developer will see this and have an idea.

Ok, I see no point anymore too. You don’t seem to understand either, even though you claim you do.

You can keep hanging out in Platinum hoping for proper 6v6, saving matches like a pro and being rude to others while I will just lurk in Bronze hoping that Quick Play’s Backfill Function will never be put in here because if it ever will and in the same way, I don’t want to get into a Comp match as a backfill because some doof has decided to leave right at the end of the match so I wouldn’t be able to do absolutely anything unlike without the backfill when I would still lose but at least I might try and do something.

Yes, but far was nobody was able to solve these concerns. I am willing to change my mind if you present good arguments and system which would solve issues I talked about.

Just found another issue, if player is gone for two minutes system will start searching for backfill right? But players can safely leave without leaver penalization after 2 minutes so will you start backfill those too?

Idk dude, you are trying to make system which has many flaws to solve as comp is not QP and it cannot work just like it does in QP for obvious reasons. And again, people generaly hate backfill in qp anyway.

Why trying to make complicated solution vs implememtimg something which already worked and I think was even better solution as it was adress Ing leaver for whole time he was gone.

You understand you would be compensated for this, right? You wouldn’t just see the LOSE screen and you lose full SR. You know that is not what I’m saying, right?

You would either: not lose as much SR, and/or gain more SR if you were able to win. Or you would get priority passes. Or all of the above.

Right? Would it be okay if you got something for that? Of course nobody wants to be in that situation.

You posted just after I finished my post so i wrote this so you have chance to react again, btw you didnt adress my argument about long searching for certain roles in my previous post.

My big question for you is when was this implemented and when did it work? When did they try your solution? Because they have never done what you are talking about in comp.

The way I see Backfill, THAT is EXACTLY what I think WILL be happening. Absolutely. No. Compensation. Just pure “Sorry, you just bad” message from everywhere.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT

This has never been about that. You made a HUGE assumption and you just pushed it on me.

Of course you wouldn’t have that happen. It would be stupid to backfill with no compensation.

The reason I posted here…literally…go and read my first post. I just wanted to see if anyone else thought the Priority Pass System might be a good way to compensate people. So we can have backfill. Where people get compensated.

We hate the same thing! You hate joining late and not having any control over the outcome. I hate when someone else leaves early because then I have no control over the outcome.

Do you see how this is the same problem?

Do you see why we can’t just leave it alone?

Its not exactly my solution, it was their solution which I liked a lot. Games with leavers still sucked but it wasnt that bad as when you had leaver ar start in long game, you lost only like 6 SR. It had two easily fixable issues tho. Winning team was gaining lowered SR gain too if enemy team had leaver. I would not use it as its not fault of winning side that enemy team has leaver, and it can be abused to stream snipe. Other issue was when whole team left, there was no SR gain, again I would correct that.

It was implemented with role Q beta and I believe it stayed 3 seasons. Not many people noticed that suprisingly.

Oh they did, it was silent change in role q beta. And it was silently removed few seasons after. Nobody knows why. As there was never answer presented by blizzard even when i created two topics about it and others too. You could probably still find old topic where we were collecting info about it and reporting sr gain and loss in our games with leavers.

I definitely didn’t notice it. I wish they had left it in place. That would make it easier. I definitely agree if backfill doesn’t work they need to at least adjust SR. I’m just really tired of sitting through those games.

Sorry, that’s on me for not being informed about that.

Actually, you know what?
I just had a very dumb idea.
You know how the game throws you out for being afk, right?
How about we ask to delete this?
And make it so leavers will just come back to the same match no matter how they leave! And then they either will have to play the match and maybe be forgiven or don’t play and get massively suspended afterwards!

1 Like

I really do like ideas that are focused on punishing the people who leave, because they’re the ones causing all these problems! If they would just stay and play it out, we wouldn’t have to sit here arguing about backfill lol

Its fine, only few players actualy noticed. I am sure many though it was just a bug.

And like… imagine starting a match and then lights go out for a few seconds. You get your power back, you turn on the PC, you get the Internet back, you log into the game again and you see a suspension for an early leave and match got cancelled. It absolutely is not your fault but the game already registered you as an Evil Leaver. So why not leave the match going and leave you registered as a part of it? That way you can get back and keep playing and who knows, maybe even save yourself from an unfair suspension!

Lets be honest, if your light go off(or electricity…) its your problem so it is hardly unfair. Anything on you side is your problem even if you cant affect it sometimes.