Comp rewards not given

A few friends peaked into a rank that should have given them a reward for season 2. Top 500 title, diamond title, etc… but after peaking they kept playing and I guess lost rank. One was still showing diamond and didn’t get diamond title. Top 500 only got gm title since he didn’t have the top 500 anymore.

My question is, does blizzard really want you to play until you peak and immediately stop playing until the season is over? Or is this just a bug?

4 Likes

Same thing for me. I finished at rank 147 for competitive CTF this season but, I only received the Top 500 Flag Bearer player title for it and I’m missing my Top 500 icon. Some Top 500 CTF players only received the Diamond Flag Bearer title and some didn’t get any end of season competitive points. I’ve put this post in my thread under Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 2).

1 Like

Im here with same problem. I might not be top100 top 500, but i ended a season with silver 4 on support (i was playing only 2 evenings in comp) and when i log in at season 3 start i received bronze 1 rank reward… HOW? I was silver 4! that makes any sense.

2 Likes

Cheesing a low player mode to get a t500 badge.

Guess you have more free time than most.

same for me i was diamond 5 and they gave me plat 1 rewards but i was diamond 5 when the season ended and im still diamond but got plat 1 reward. I hope they fixit .

2 Likes

I disagree.

In fact, I have incredibly little free time, which is why I am especially frustrated that the few hours I did have and spent grinding for my Top 500 rank was not appropriately rewarded. There’s nothing wrong with different people enjoying different gamemodes. What is wrong is Blizzard refusing to reward the players who dedicated themselves, their time, and their effort in order to rightfully earn their place on the leaderboards. That is not up for debate.

And while it is true that a lower playerbase gamemode statistically has lower quantities of high level players, that does not change the fact that Top 500 as a category is designed to only form leaderboards based on the relative rankings of the highest ranked players, and not on those players’ specific rank division so long as those players are Diamond 5 or above. Therefore, the issue of appearing on the leaderboards then, aside from the bugs I’ve documented in my thread, is in terms of a one’s skill relative to all other players, and not one’s available free time as you state.

Did you stop at your Diamond 5 update and not play more games?

If you lost games after that, and never got to 7 wins, you were in Plat 1 and you didn’t know it when the season ended.

Season end - resolves all players update series to whatever rank it has you at. Again you can’t see that since you never got to the 7 wins a before the end.

It’s a flaw that needs to be fixed.

This season - make sure you finish your 5 wins and stop there. Only way to ensure your ranks

3 Likes

It should be peak not end. If it’s end and not peak then You literally have to stop playing after hitting it. That’s not healthy for the game.

1 Like

In OW1 rewards were based on peak SR. In OW2 rewards are based on what you ended the season on. All games after your last rank update are resolved at the end of the season to give you your final badge.

1 Like

Unfortunately it seems I was wrong about the Top 500 icon situation. I’ve linked the post explaining it here for anyone in here who wants to read about it: Competitive CTF Top 500 icon - #7 by Brigitte-11594. Much appreciation to everyone who contributed in bringing attention to this issue, but it seems the Devs have made up their minds. Still, I’d encourage everyone experiencing competitive bugs to spread the word about this thread, it would be much appreciated.

1 Like

It’s simply. When widow 1shots and bugs like this exist. I won’t spend money. EZ dubs.

1 Like

I honestly believe someone could mess up with Blizzard so bad for this. They never mention that the rank you see is not your REAL rank. I finished in Diamond 5 (I checked 25 mins before season ended) and when season 3 started it said I finished Plat 1 and I didn’t get my rewards. They should have clear indicator when your rank is not what you see otherwise the whole rank system is completely pointless.

I even opened a ticket and they ignored me, how unprofessional.

1 Like

ohk wtf is that rule anyway thankyou for the info

1 Like