Comp FFA Still Not Over. 19 Hours Overdue

Woot indeed.

Stress mode disabled.

3 Likes

Yay we did it. really stressful at the end tho

1 Like

Relief; and also somewhat disappointed that the spray isnā€™t animatedā€¦

1 Like

I knew that before I began this venture, but itā€™s still neat looking and youā€™ll still rarely ever see anybody using it so thatā€™s enough for me.

Also I just noticed, OP actually ended up at rank 500 haha. Dodged a massive bullet there.

1 Like

Thank you all of you, for joining me on this wild ride. We have all weathered the storm and hopefully yā€™all came out on the right side of 500. I hope you all have a pleasant day ahead, I know I will. Cheers guys.

1 Like

At exactly 500?! HFS o.o;

1 Like

Now if only the spray was animatedā€¦

A man can dream.

2 Likes

No idea why they stopped doing it for arcade modes. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah if you checked the leaderboard right as the server reset, u can see OPā€™s name at number 500. But now heā€™s not there anymore because for some reason the leaderboards are still updating.

1 Like

Yeah, would have been awesome. But the Top 500 logo on the spray is enough for me. I can finally relax.

2 Likes

I had set my alarms to wake me up once an hour based on rank decay. Last time I checked, I was rank 486 at 5PM PDT. I woke up at 45 in instead of 00 just in case I needed more time. If I was really 500, then thank jeebus.

Over the course of those extra hours, I went from 414 to 500. Thatā€™s a lot of people that had to scramble or miss out. Glad it wasnā€™t me, but still shouldnā€™t have happened.

2 Likes

The fact we even have to do things like setting alarms to wake ourselves up every x amount of minutes is just so sad and screams that thereā€™s a problem here Blizzard needs to address. :confused:

And yeah I just looked again and OP isnā€™t top 500 anymore. Iā€™m not sure what thatā€™s about, how are the leaderboards still moving despite the mode being unavailable now?

2 Likes

I just went to 422 from 421 from 418. Why are they updating? No way anyone should be in any game of it and I got my rewards.

That being said, Vargoth, I donā€™t think youā€™re there anymoreā€¦

I can confirm that I have the player icon and 500 spray. Honestly at this point Iā€™ll take the mystery leaderboard position.

4 Likes

So weird, I went from 490 to 495 after the event ended. Got the spray and icon tho so we gucci.

Congrats Vargoth it was a rough season but we made it :smiley:

2 Likes

i think iā€™ve seen this ā€œupdate after closedā€ issue being discussed with elimination 6x6 too

<< https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/6v6-elimination-top-500-spray-megathread/93904/244?u=ŠøŠ½ŠŗŠ²Š°ŠøрŠµŃ€-2114

Oh so itā€™s a known thingā€¦ So strange. Were those people able to keep their rewards? Like to anybodyā€™s knowledge here has there ever been a time when Blizz has taken the Top 500 rewards from somebody retroactively?

If Jeff dares to even breathe on my top 500 logo, I will riot to kingdom come.

Weirdā€¦ I noticed I dropped 5 ranks too

Weird. I was Ranked at 489 at the minute the event ended for me, and I donā€™t show up on the Americas Leaderboard anymore. How did people rise up when the event was over? I ended at 3517 SR.
Also pretty pissed at Blizzard. They could have given us a timer or something to know when it truly ended. Having the event last many hours more was really stressful, I didnā€™t wanted to play anymore yet my Number kept getting closer and closer to 500, and the long wait times to find games were equally annoying.
The event was going to end on the 11th. Why canā€™t they at least end Comp there? It was really, really stressful.