Combat Roll 75% dmg reduction barely changed much

Survive it from less than point blank since it does 1k damage (1k x 0.25 = 250) , often with less than 25% HP, thats not strong at all, horribly situational and weak in fact, compare that to the other abilities that dodge it completely (like Recall/Wraith/Ice block) and are much more generous with many more uses and come back to it.

1 Like

Tanky Cass is boring IMO, if anything they should reduce his damage reduction on ult and roll nerf 25hp, and give him increase rate of fire.

Thats also boring, he starts to become Soldier/Bastion at some point like that, at least with an active ability usage instead of just giving him HP i think it should be fun enough to play with.

1 Like

That’s why it’s called Fanny the Hammer.

2 Likes

just buff his range then, its not complicated

Then hes just Ashe/Hanzo but better, like he was a few seasons ago, he needs his own identity.

hes not better tho with the range buff, hanzo and widow still counter him.

also who cares about identity, he’s bad without flash so just give him range, you’re overthinking for no reason

no, cree doesnt need damage resistance, or invinciblity he needs to deal DAMAGE its a space cowboy that is all about his revolver

give him a better range so he doesnt deal insanely low dmg at most ranges (especially in a game where a healer just has to fart on his keyboard to heal somebody back to full hp)

If it makes him just play on their range but just with more survivability, yeah hes better, as he was when he first got buffed.

Anyone that cares about having the game being actually kinda fun should care about identity, or do you want every character to play the same?

Why not give him survivability so he can actually play on his lower range instead? That way hes not just a carbon copy of every other hitscan.

Give him good ult and give him some mobility. It doesn’t make sense that the hitscan with the lowest fall off range in the roster (yes yes, Reaper is a hitscan :nerd_face: ) also has the least mobility. Soldier, Ashe etc. can snipe from further distances and travel the map easier so they are harder to kill for tanks. Problem with Cass isn’t his fall off range. It’s the fact he gets run over by any tank when he wants to play in that range.

Diving Cass is so easy in comparison to diving Ashe, run him over with Queen etc as well.

Mobility+Hitscan is legs though, i think what would make him different than Soldier is more survivability instead.

Imo the more range you have the less mobility you should have and vice versa but that’s my common sense opinion, it doesn’t work in Overwatch :person_shrugging:

Well its not that simple but yeah, more range = better, so yes, the more range you have the least of something else you should have, duh :melting_face:

People would hate chunky Cass, I can assure you. He deals a lot of damage so if he doesn’t die easily he will quickly get out of control. What I want is to make him normal 200 hp hero but allow him to travel the map faster so he can avoid tanks better and find off angles quicker. Rotating the map is pain and sitting on highground is redundant because 20 meters range makes that advantage obsolete in most scenarios (you deal half of the damage against anyone but someone directly below you)

are u on crack, hanzo and widow 1 tap cassidy

also your advocating for identity, but he lost his identity when he lost flash lol, so again, who cares about identity just make him better

I dont do hard drugs no and its not that simple, games not balacned on 1v1.

He has the Mag nade though? its just not as good as flash, so buff his roll to compesate since no one likes CC.

Combat Roll cleanse sounds good and sensible.
Also stop letting him randomly take Crit damage mid-roll lmao

Not invulnerability though? Cuz i’m advocating for invulnerability first, then also a cleanse if its still not good enough.

if the community is fine with giving invulnerability to his roll instead of the range buff then im fine with that lol

wait yall said and cleanse?!!? shiiiiiii fk the range buff then lol

I’ve always thought about i-frames on Combat Roll.
I’d be o.k. with it, but I can also easily imagine it being an annoying aspect of its balance.

Like, it sounds fun and goofy and satisfying to effectively parry attacks or Roll through a D.Va nuke or something, but I’m not looking forward to using it on a server even with good ping unless I have a solid prediction. Combat Roll is even good at that already if you just use it pre-emptively because despite being a tuck-and-roll they refuse to give it endlag that lets enemies counter it, while keeping the bad startup.
I think the bigger problem that makes Roll feel sluggish is just how long it takes Cass to actually move from where you start the Ability. He stretches and squashes into the animation after a lengthy bend over that actually makes him way easy to hit, and he gets stuck on random map geometry, railings (even though he can break them during PART of the Roll), and especially enemy players.

Make him phase through body-blocking at LEAST please lol

also maybe a meme idea but I kinda wish he could knock people back with it, even if they don’t turn him into a bowling ball or Donkey Kong