Cole Cassidy is also the name of an irl person

This is the story they told. I am not pretending anything.

The person who approached him knew him as a cool name on a paper.

Who exactly named McCree?
Was it Jeff Kaplan?
If not then WHO

Since you are Blizzard themselves.

I am not Blizzard, so I donā€™t know.

The official story of how he got that name on the first place is they were looking at employees names on a paper. They saw his name and thought it was perfect. So they went and asked if they could use it.

Exactly my point. So why must you insist on telling fabricated stories claiming a bunch of things obviously that never came from the OW Devs mouth?

You tell me OW Dev Team was harassed.
So I ask whoā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
You tell me the Higher ups named McCree.
So I ask whoā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

I tell you this name change comes at nobody elseā€™s expense but our own & you claim Iā€™m the Problem instead.

1 Like

I donā€™t know who because Blizzard never said.

I said it was a higher up because anyone who has worked in a certain environment can tell you that a low level employee could not have done that story. Low level employees canā€™t just print out the names of a ton of people who work there that arenā€™t even part of their team. And they certainly canā€™t then just get that kind of ball moving on the name by just walking up to the employee and then to legal.

That kind of story can only come from someone in management.

You want to do something productive out of your own expense then go do that. Go donate some of your income to those negatively affected by such like that woman whom supposedly committed suicide.

You think changing McCree name actually serves some sort of ā€œJUSTICEā€ huh?

Maybe in a shallow World of meaningless acts yeah sure but in Reality such offers the real supposed Victims zero consolation nor any closure. All while such still remains at the expense of the player base cuz nobody seriously even GAF about WoW Dev McCree

The employees themselves decided this is what would make their work environment better. I donā€™t need to speculate if it would make them feel better. They decided for themselves.

Meaningless act. Thatā€™s why I mocked such as ā€œSaving the Soul of Humanityā€ cuz such didnā€™t prevent anyone from being Victimized nor would keeping McCree name the same condone such acts neither.

I can paint my house PINK. Doesnā€™t mean I cured Breast Cancer neither.

It doesnā€™t have to save their soul to make them feel better. Emotions donā€™t have to be completely rational.

If you painted your house breast cancer pink and had a breast cancer ribbon so everyone knew, some people probably would be comforted by the act of solidarity.

And the devs that fought for this feel a tiny bit better about their work environment now. It cannot be the only thing done for the reasons you stated but itā€™s a show of good will that made them feel better.

You know what else we do. We donate to help find a CURE to CANCER. We donā€™t just advertise such for giggles. Thatā€™s why such is not a meaningless act. Such brings about awareness to those interested & capable of donating.

Maybe set up a GO FUND ME for that Suicide caseā€™s family. Maybe she left behind children?

That would hold value & meaning. Penalizing the OW community via forcing ourselves to pretend that McCree never existed in OW is the opposite of doing something productive. Do something at your own expense instead of at the expense of the OW player base whom donā€™t care about WoW nor some insignificant unemployed Dev.

We wear pink AND donate money to research and aid.

The dev team changed the name AND advocated for actual reforms.

Itā€™s not about you. Itā€™s about the devs.

1 Like

It is about the player base. They sold us a game of characters whom we been using for the last 5 - 6 years.

How is such NOT about ourselves?

It sure af ainā€™t about any Victims since NONE of them ever came forward claiming changing some other Dev Teams hero name would brighten their day.

At the end of the day Blizzard works for ME the Consumer. I donā€™t work for them.

Coincidently sharing a name =/= being named after someone.

There is a big difference.

1 Like

The employees did come forward and say this change would make things better. We donā€™t know who was victimized nor should we, itā€™s their business. The important thing to know is that itā€™s the employees that wanted this for that reason.

This name change is not about us, itā€™s about them.

1 Like

You sold me a game of Heroā€™s w/ one of them being McCree. I learned to identify everyone by their names. Now you want to tell me to learn to adapt? Thatā€™s some serious BS tbh IMO

The player base of consumers comes 1st not your personal ā€œfeeling betterā€ about your environment nonsense that you never even knew was an issue to begin w/

Do something at your own expense instead. You sold me McCree. I bought McCree. Now you want to swap out McCree for Cole Cassidy. Thatā€™s not an issue I guess.

Rename Genji to Gugu
Rename Tracer to Tutu
Rename Pharah to Lulu

Not a problem.
Whatever makes you feel better.

Hes dead and never worked for blizzard, so he cant embarrass them with a harassment scandal now

1 Like

Its about the companies image, it makes them look bad having a character named after someone like him.

The consumer is forced to deal w/ such nonsense when majority donā€™t want McCree name changed. So idk who the company image matters to if not the consumer allowing them to exist in the 1st place.

1 Like

They are a publicly traded company that is about a lot more than just overwatch. Even if this game takes a hit over this(it wont) its still worth it to them in the long run

They exist because we make purchases. They work for ourselves not some random shareholder.

We stop buying their product. They cease to exist. Itā€™s literally that simple.