Christmas comic?

I know after a year with no comics aside from the Retribution one its a long shot but it’d just be wonderful to see a winter party of the good old days like how the original halloween comic did it. Especially seeing the theme of the Nutcracker and the storybook, we know reinhardt tells stories…

cant you just imagine Reinhardt being uncle drosslemyer to Pharah and Brigitte for a retelling of the nutcracker?

4 Likes

Christmas has been cancelled this year.

5 Likes

A Reflections 2.0 would be great.

8 Likes

YES! There were so many unanswered questions from Reflections #1 so a sequel would be awesome. Who is the family Reaper was spying on? What was going through Widowmaker’s mind at Gerald’s grave? Where can I buy Winston’s Christmas sweater? :thinking:

10 Likes

I want a winter comic this year but I’m afraid there won’t be one considering the amount of comics released have been declining.

I want to know what happened to Hanzo.

1 Like

well i mean after halloween was cancelled…i mean…

a girl can Dream though. Reflections 2.0 would be fun, but so would a comic like “junkenstein’s revenge” where part of it was the “story” and part of it was hte past canon

I’d be happy with any comic at this point.

6 Likes

Finally found the source where Jeff talked about comics. But it would be neat if we did get one this month.

Jeff Kaplan: We love story content - obviously the animated shorts have been fantastic. A lot of people have been asking about comics, they’re like, “It’s been ages since, you know, you guys have done comics.” We are very interested in doing more comics and we actually have a plan for how we want to do more comics and exactly what the comics would be. And there’s a lot of good reasons that I’m not going to get into why the comics kinda slowed down for a little bit, but we are excited about comics and talking about comics again.

Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousFriendlyDurianDerp

1 Like

I would welcome a comic. Any comic. But a Christmas one that answers some unanswered questions would be nice.

5 Likes

Do any of you guys remember when they released Reflections? Did that drop exactly when the event dropped? Or did it dropped at a later date. Hmm I’m going to go check…

Edit: Reflections was released on December 20, 2016 so that’s like about two weeks into the event. Maybe we might get one.

2 Likes

it was almost a week exactly after the event dropped, really. we had early confirmation of no halloween comic on twitter…maybe we’ll get something!

4 Likes

I wanna see more about Reaper and Widowmaker honestly.
On the last Christmas comic, Reaper was seen stalking a family while Widowmaker visited Gerard’s grave.

I’d love to see what happens next.

dude if we got any information about reapers family i would die on the spot man. Idk what they could necessarily do at Gerards grave but man i’d love to see any type of story development. its really disheartening to go to the comic page and still have the Yeti Hunt from last year as the most recent comic. Why didn’t they put Retribution with their other works?? it seems so silly, and also…reminds me that aside from it, they’ve not released any comics at all this year. the story has absolutely come to a grinding halt, outside of the mccree and d.va shorts, which only introduced new questions instead of answering anything.

I actually kept links of the Twitter tweets. Reflections was released on December 20, 2016. Yeti Hunt was released on December 21, 2017. Maybe we wait about 6-7 more days?

both of those were just over a week after release. I’d say more like 4-5 more days. However, the fact that no one has said there won’t be a christmas comic, definitively, has me a little bit hopeful.

Chu stated the day after the halloween event started on twitter that there wasn’t gonna be a halloween comic. So perhaps there’s still a good chance there will be one coming out! Unless of course he decides to answer us now to tell us, “no sorry no more comics rip Overwatch, 2018”

4 Likes

Yeah hopefully you’re right. I’d love it if there was one. Winston even says “I have a good feeling about next year” in Reflections.

1 Like

I’m hoping we’ll get a comic on the 22nd but if nothing happens, I’m convinced there is no comic this year. A little sad but I guess I should have expected that to happen.

When have we ever gotten a comic on a Saturday? We got Legacy in year 1 and… That was it.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping, after all no one has explicitly said there won’t be one, and they did explicitly say that for Halloween.

I’m really, really hoping. 1 comic in all of 2018? really?

2 Likes

Yeah. I wish Michael said something earlier like he did for Halloween. Please end my pain already lol.

1 Like