Characters you would play but don't because of their aesthetic/personality

I can imagine Tracer would be fun but her voice, personality and look irrate me so much. I am British myself and hate her.

15 Likes

Junkrat. I could play him, hate his voice hate the annoying things he says hate his character model.

14 Likes

Soldier.

Bland Potato salad, not even any mayonnaise added for flavor

10 Likes

Moira. I am Irish so I was really excited when they announced her but I don’t like her tomboy, lanky vulture look and her power rangers villain phantom-of-the-opera ugly eyeplate and her choppy short haircut and how all her voicelines make her sound like some vile antagonist villain in a pixar movie

I made a long hair art edit of her when she was released but a whole lot of forumgoers and redditors got really angry and mad at me for wanting a long haired less evil version of her

(I also changed her purple to aquamarine blue so it’s not identical to Zen’s orb colors)

52 Likes

I might get some heat for this but I have to say Genji. He seems really fun to play but I just cannot stand him… Almost everything about him annoys me and idk why lol.

4 Likes

I don’t think I put enough weight on aesthetic to ever let it override gameplay preference, but Baptiste is probably the closest. His personality just seems… blank. His kit, while not terribly exciting, at least has some interesting skill mechanics and such, but so far I haven’t really bothered with him much.

2 Likes

None. I just go by kits when determining who to play.

8 Likes

Widowmaker. I’m usually drawn to snipers in online shooters, but I find her personality to be insufferable.

2 Likes

Symm, Zarya, and Pharah

Tracer, Genji and Dva. All of them are really annoying in personality and overrated in general. Plus i really dislike Tracer’s and Dva’s voices.

6 Likes

What personality???

6 Likes

mada mada mADA MADA MADA MADA

2 Likes

That’s hot.

9 chars.

1 Like

Torbjorn. To top the whole thing off, his camera is so close to the ground that it always distracts me.

nothing.

The only reasons i pick a hero or don’t pick it, are either synergy with the team or me enjoying the kit and playstyle.

1 Like

Hello, fellow Irish person! Calma duit féin. Do women with short hair offend you? You seem genuinely upset about it (I’m being serious). I actually look like her irl, only thing I’m missing is being a massive twig, so I was the opposite and was quite excited about her design. I really can’t blame people for giving you a hard time (if you captioned it like you did this post) but, objectively, your edit is very well done. Just misses the point of the character for me, but hey. Personal opinion. You do you and I won’t judge. grma x

To answer OP’s question, I’m personally not a fan of the Junkertown grunge aesthetic of Roadhog and Junkrat but I get it. Probably my least played heroes but they’re great.

15 Likes

Mei, her kit is already annoying to play against, but when people spam her voicelines, jeez.

And people think tracer is too cheery/annoying.

3 Likes

Probably Hammond. His kit is rather intriguing with complex movement but since his character design was so bad I never got into playing him and if it wasn’t so bad I’d probably have plenty of more hours on him

Roadhog made me really uncomfortable when I first encountered him. He talks so casually about killing people and seems to really enjoy other’s suffering. Still cant really play him because I dislike his personality so much. But I liked how the devs introduced some emotes and victory poses that show a softer side to him…

1 Like

Not a fan of D.Va. I think her voice and her lines are really annoying and I don’t care for her design or the design of her mech.

7 Likes