Characters that require "x" means they aren't balanced

This in regards to Bastion and Sombra.

In order for Sombra to be effective, she needs 100% team communication to be viable in higher ladders. Meanwhile, other heroes can go off on their own and do their own thing whilst doing minor call outs. That shouldn’t be the case with her.

As for Bastion, he requires 100% team protection to be efficient. His ironclad is useless, he can’t heal through the incoming damage as he sits in turret form. He shouldn’t have to rely on other heroes to be viable.

Of course, each hero depends on a healer, but thats the only exception. There are other heroes that have similar situations like this, but Sombra and Bastion are the two that come to mind.

2 Likes

Because they’re the perfect example of heroes that do need complete reworks of their kit to work differently and not be broken but every rework the OW team does is either stupidly broken or not so better as in the case of Sym.

2 Likes

and pharah

3 Likes

lol this is a very closed way of looking at the game. healers need dps and tanks and all vise versa. healers need other healers they are divided into main and off like tanks. with out a comp that has high focus fire low dps mobile dps need a high dps.

your ignoring all the synergy

some need more synergy some need less thats it.

its really a matter of if the power of that hero is worth the synergy.

bastion on attack on junker town is for example.

4 Likes

Heroes like Pharah, and some healers, Might Require another hero to work their Best, but can literally be played solo, if the player has the Skill for it.

Bastion?

Even the concept is laughable.

1 Like

Uh… i’m sorry to inform you, but… If you die Once You literally have to switch by that point, because you will Never Get back to the payload.

Try it.
It doesn’t work, without

Hell, it doesn’t work most of the time WITH Team protection.

1 Like

…Hence why I said that healers were the exception to this rule at the bottom :confused:

No it just means they’re situational. Being balanced doesn’t mean that you can just run any combination of six heroes and have an equal chance of winning.

I don’t think that you’re correct on this one.

Some heroes simply work better with allies. I’m not sure how that’s a bad thing tbh.

The problem is… There is no situation that favors said hero, even while building a team around ONLY THEM.

1 Like

The problem being, some heroes ONLY work OCCASIONALLY when in cooperation with allies while other heroes work CONSISTENTLY despite having NO ALLIES.

And even if you have perfect team cooperation, the ones that require cooperation aren’t even performing better

1 Like

Seriously you want Bastion got Buff? Just Remove his Ironclad. You said his Ironclad is useless, but it only 35% Less Damage from other Hero Damage. Prob Main Bastion Combo Reinhardt, or Orisa.

Yeah 35% has been outdated for almost 4 seasons no if I remember correctly.

Get your facts right, THEN talk

1 Like

Again, I’m not sure how some heroes being better with teamwork is a bad thing.

It only helps to pocket the Bastion, It could be reworked or even removed and be more beneficial to Bastion, and make him more independent.

Also yea… it’s not 35% damage reduction… :laughing::ok_hand:

It’s not. The problem is when even in cooperation they are not as effective as the ones that don’t. In that case it’s a problem of balancing. Because why play the ones that require more effort when you can do better with the ones that don’t.

Let’s just say this: All heroes are better with teamwork. Not all heroes are decent without teamwork. And even when you have perfect teamwork, the ones that are indecent without teamwork (i.e. their niche being performing great with teamwork) do not actually perform that great in comparison to the rest of the cast

1 Like

450 dps at point blank range.

Reaper out classes that.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f8cae265542ac29aa6d00dcbeab7bfd9/tenor.gif?itemid=7178438

3 Likes

Bastion isn’t a loose cannon, he’s a nuclear-powered toilet plunger

You might get some use out of it but most of the time you just suck sh*t

2 Likes

BTW i thought it was 550

My new saying. :joy_cat::ok_hand:

2 Likes