Chance of an EXC today

Its been 3 weeks since the last exc and for those who think that they wont do one today, remember they were happy to make a big exc RIGHT after the crossplay update, so heres what I want:

• 29 damage shurikens for Genji. Genji has been in a sad place in the meta for a long time, so he needs his neutral game buffed

-Doom bug fixed and uppercut recovery time nerf reverted. Doom is also in a sad spot in the meta because of cc so he needs this to compete

5 Likes

These are some reasonable suggestions you have there, but something tells me some people are gonna get angered when you put “genji + doom” and “buff” in the same sentence.

8 Likes

like srsly this is their dive meta and yet they still not good. Leave it to the genji fan naniowo to agree with me

3 Likes

Almost 3 weeks, the last one has been the 27th of June even if i have to bet the 29th of July if we are lucky for the next one, maybe also the 22th but i don’t think will happen :eyes:

2 Likes

i think the meta right now is slowly inching towards Double Shields atm actually. However before when dive and rush were being played a lot, they were played even less than heroes that are theoretically not favored in a dive/rush meta.

4 Likes

actually the last exc was on the 24th of june, not the 27th so it has been 3 weeks

2 Likes

I think Doomfist is fine personally, it’s just his playstyle that holds him back. Being a close range character with no way to deal with CC himself makes for a rough time.

His offensive game is plenty fine, he does a lot of damage really fast without it just being a one trick pony deal either. It’s his defensive game that needs work, and to do that they would actually have to make his offensive game worse, which is the issue.

1 Like

When zenyatta hp buff tho or smaller hitbox.

I mean, that’s why he needs his punch bug fixed. And there’s no exc right now but we still have until 3:00. Also, what are you’re opinions on the suggested genji buff?

Seems weird to call it “their” meta if they’re not good

Im talking about dive meta. genji and doom are dive heroes

I have yet to see this being played out in game in where genji struggles in. The ult charge nerf should be enough to keep ult in check from blasting off to the moon again like in June 2020 even if the dmg hits at 29 for shurikens. There was a workshop mode i tested a while ago that had the ult charge gen still charge roughly the same vs 28dmg shurikens. Although a minor nerf in spread / ult may be compensated if he were to get 29 dmg shurikens just in case.

Ima check back to this thread at 3:00 also whats the workshop code that gave genji 29 dmg shurikens?

It’s fine

I think Genji is underrated and is mostly just difficult to play well. However, making him easier to accomplish things with without going overboard or destroying the skill-identity of the hero is good.

Genji is a very popular hero who is not very accessible, so making his job a little easier through higher consistency is the way to go.

Theoretically when a dive or rush meta is being played, but genji and doom is barely played and even snipers or poke heroes are more viable than them, theres a balance issue. Theoretically, they should be at least middle of the pack as the meta suits them for their character designs. Before then, genji and doom were being picked up among the least. Although doom fares better than genji, they still could use just a little bit of more help.

I just dont want them shooting straight to the top however in any meta really but if theyre middle of the pack, thats fine.

Uhhh i’ll have to find it again… its somewhere in a thread i had. Im unsure if it expired or not but one sec…

I want genji handled in a way where hes harder but better. In a sense that how tracer is handled where shes better the more you learn and improve from her. Obviously i dont want genji on the same level as tracer but at least to the point where hes a solid average pick, and not too niche focused on nanoblade just to play the game

Found it:

gg no EXC today ripp

I don’t think making Genji harder to play is a good strategy at all though, he’s already the most difficult character in the game if you ask me

He just needs a higher consistency, which is why the small but meaningful damage buff is a good idea. It rewards good gameplay without making much impact otherwise.

1 Like

Well, im moreso making the fact where i dont want too much for genji like what they did in June 2020 mega buffed genji. Rather small buff such as 29dmg shurikens, while tracking how his ult and spread fares with that specific change, and seeing if that achieved the goal of making him a solid pick and not OP. Like that i’d be fine with as long as nothing else in his kit overperforms. Genji just lacks in dmg, so 29dmg shurikens as the next step is what I’d like to see be performed, but also to keep on the lookout if his ult starts spiraling out of control again. Considering thats what made him busted primarily in 2020 of June.

This is obviously a big joke and frankly insulting but i agree with the Doomfist changes