Chance for them canceled PVE after PVP is success?

well for sure those cosmetics gonna sold like a hot cake never underestimate blizzard fans

i hope they won’t cancelled PVE after finding out they can just focus more on making PVP content ( cosmetics mainly )

because this happened on fortnite where they just outright ignore the developement of PVE mode because success of PVP mode

28 Likes

They won’t cancel it, they have spent way to much time and money developing it for it to be cancelled. They might not release dlc or expansions after the main story, but the main story is definitely coming.

20 Likes

I think there’s a better chance of them canceling PVE if the PVP flops. If this game dies off like Halo Infinite did then they may just cut their losses and focus all resources on their new IP.

11 Likes

chance moving those PVE resource to limited time events still exist

3 Likes

I don’t see how cancelling it benefits them in any way.

2 Likes

Insanely low. They will probably put story missions in the battle passes.

4 Likes

The whole point of OW2 was always the PvE. Its literally the reason for the existence of the project.

12 Likes

It is not even a matter of “if” and more like “when” the support for it will drop.

Lets face it, pve requires a heck lot more resources and time to make so why even bother if you can make a quick buck with skins much faster.

4 Likes

PvE is already set, 2023, it will be apart of the BP most likely, 10 dollars for pvp and PvE elements that’s gonna be hard to compete with

1 Like

95% doubt it… :upside_down_face:

That said, I think they’ll produce just enough PvE content to ‘test’ if there’s a lot of interest in PvE before going all-in on it… :wink:

1 Like

im sure they’ll get the data from limited time event like junkeinstein

if people really wanted PVE or not

They already got loads of data from Archives. That’s what prompted them to pursue PVE in the first place.

4 Likes

we expect they get even more data from OW2 events well because there is new players now that playing the game because free 2 play

Have you heard that from anywhere, or just guessing? That seems really optimistic to me, given the implications of things they said before. I have no real data either, though.

From the creators of “OW2 is delayed and won’t come out on October 4” comes the creators of “PvE is canceled and it will never come out”, good show.

1 Like

well that is one of blizzard fans unique trait ‘’ them being very optimistic ‘’ despite there is little info or news about it

1 Like

They first have to see if PvP will be a success, and that’s a huge “if” because they game hasn’t exactly gotten good traction, given how short it is until the release.

Personally I don’t think Overwatch 2 has enough momentum. Back in 2016, there weren’t many alternatives to Overwatch, so it got a lot of traction early on. Overwatch 2 however is a whole different ballpark. Not only is Overwatch 2 very similar to Overwatch 1, it also has a ton of competition it didn’t have back then.

So we’ll see how successful PvP will be. It might initially have good player count, but we’re inn the long haul here, so the game has to hold for longer than its initial launch. And if it holds well enough, we’ll see PvE released. If not they’ll just cancel the whole thing and move on. The perk of F2P is that no one has any claims in the game, so they can shut down when ever they want.

Find someone to love you like Blizzard fans love Blizzard.

3 Likes

Why in the world would they ever cancel PvE??? What sense does that make?

6 Likes

well because that’s how video game industry works nowdays ?

focusing more on profitable platform ? fortnite did it they killed two whole games paragons and infinite blade in order to shift more focus on fortnite

1 Like