Cassidy nerfs are a joke

true, but i see it as in the mess of combat, that 11 damage isnt going to be missed, after all this isnt a 1v1, its a 5v5, people are getting chip damage to cover up that 11 quite quickly imo
Note I DO agree that it is raising his skill floor, I just dont see it as a giant nerf, just one that is needed but not as big as his health nerf

Who do you think hitscan players will pick when ball and tracer are popular? You are out of your mind if you think people pick him regardless of what is being picked. The meta determine the pick rate regardless of the winrate. Overbuff has Cassidy below 50% wr.

3 Likes

Just when Cass is usable and I get his golden weapon. lmao

Where are the patch notes? I’m seeing everyone talking about it, but I can’t find it.

1 Like

If you think Mccree was fine then you’re delusional. He was S tier, dominant at both the lowest ranks as well very top of the ladder and was rightly nerfed.

“Muh winrate on overbuff” means absolutely nothing. It doesn’t track unmirrored and he was always mirrored

5 Likes

He was overperforming a bit, but IMO only very slightly. Definitely did not need such a sledgehammer nerf.

Overall the s4 changes look really really bad.

3 Likes
2 Likes

It means more than your unsubstantiated anecdotal claims. You are just clueless, overbuff tracks pick rate too but you seem to either ignore or just dont know, pick rate can be used to derive mirror rate.

Blizzard is too cowardly to actually release the numbers.

1 Like

Here’s your anecdote: Blizzard have the data. He was hard nerfed twice. It’s obvious what the data showed.

Your precious cowboy was overpowered. Everybody except his mains knew it. He was nerfed. Get over it.

10 Likes

Look, I hated getting cass-bombed by those things. But surely the idea was to nerf either the nade OR the HP, not both at once.

Good old Blizzard, using a sledgehammer instead of a screwdriver to fix stuff. Time will tell if it was a decent decision or not.

4 Likes

LMAO imagine using Blizzard as a balance argument. The devs cater to the people crying in the specific moment and use balance as “content” and refreshing their lack of content. Just to make people think they are doing things to improve the game.

3 Likes

:thinking:

Even if they did you’d probably just say they made the data up.

Or…And hear me out…He was overpowered. Which is why masters/gm/top 500 was a flood of cowboys.

9 Likes

I wont. If they release the numbers and cass has more than 50% wr I’ll apologize and admit that Im wrong.

I count like 6 Cass on top 10 alone.

Going through season 3 dps, Cass is a common pick, only really contested by Tracer/Widow.

2 Likes

Clearly a bad hero. Gm+ definitely aren’t almost all hard meta slaves who will play whatever is the most consistent way to win :joy:

5 Likes

They also pick based on what the enemy team is picking. Are you supposed to pick wido/ashe vs tracer ball? What is this lunacy.

2 Likes

Which is why he’s mirrored over 30% of the time even in gm.

5 Likes

You get like 4 people in the top 500 with junkrat, instantly nerfed. Torb was played once in a top 500 match, instantly nerfed.

Hitscans dominating for years, buff mcree and soldier.

This nerf didnt go far enough, bring the hammer down on all the hitscans.

10 Likes

Even outside of counterpicking, Cass buff made him good enough that even the dev admit he can duel in the further ranges quite well.

So it really aint a surprise when the nerf came for him eventually.

1 Like

Yes because he only has a gun now, that is it, no utility no abilities: they are all garbage.

The 200HP means now that he will return to being priority dive target with no way to escape. They nerfed his close range twice now with the hp and the nade nerfs.

2 Likes

And two months ago their data showed that he needed two buffs. Obviously things are more nuanced than that.

2 Likes