Capture the Flag

I’d love to see more CTF in rotation for the arcade. Tired of it always being 6 variations of deathmatch.

I have nothing more to say on this, just miss my CTF. :frowning:

10 Likes

I think it has been taken away because it would kill off the excitement for when it comes with visual updates in the lunar year event. (year of the pig)

1 Like

I haven’t played a whole lot of this game during event times, what do you mean?

its been taken out of events because there are other game modes you can play.
I don’t know what to tell you, I explained myself pretty well.

ill try again.

capture the flag, is a game mode that was first introduced during the
lunar year event.

the lunar year event has only one special game mode and its capture the flag but with slight changes.

Lijiang was a map decorated for that event because the country of where the map is placed in celebrates lunar new year.

capture the flag has been taken away in this event because there are other games you can play. (well kinda)

it has also been taken away because the lunar new year event is coming soon and players who really want to play that game mode have to wait longer, they have to wait for the lunar year event so they will be more encouraged to play during that event.

it doesn’t kill off the excitement and encourages people to play on that specific event.

1 Like

Aren’t we in the middle of an event? How soon is the lunar event that they have to start weaning us off CTF?

Every time I’ve played CTF out of season it’s been one of the funnest experiences in game for me. I find the matches to be some of the least stressful. I can’t be the only one. I’d just really love to play it more often.

the lunar new year is expected to arrive late January, as speculated by none other than me.
the actual Chinese new year is February 5th due to the phases of the moon.
events usually come before the actual event. for example Christmas and Halloween.
we might even see CTF come back after this event.

It’s too bad they don’t post an in-game calendar of events like they do in Warcraft for example. Hell, throw in some double XP or special event days while they’re at it. Give us reasons to log in as a community and do more than yell at each other for not playing up to each other’s standards.

1 Like

I really don’t know what events have to do with CTF. Your logic still doesn’t explain it, there are plenty of other arcade games on repeat that don’t even have the new years decorations (if that’s what they were pushing for). Also in the past during other events, CTF was always on rotation.

+1 to this thread, I want to see more CTF. Tired of different mystery variations.

3 Likes

They need to take out Low Grav, because that belongs in Custom Games, and up the CTF rotation.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever played low grav, it just sounds like an annoying perk.

There is actually in game calendar post made by community you can check it out too see what game mode in overwatch

1 Like

Is it really a calendar when it only shows the day of? I’d like to know upcoming days so I know when to log in, you know?

I dunno but i think arcade rotation is random, you can ask people in that post.

I LOVE CTF!!!
I can’t get enough of it when it’s rotation.
It’s my time to have fun and act silly!

I would also like to see more CTF. It’s my favourite mode.

That’s true. We can only check what’s currently available when the daily mode changes, and post that.

You’re right. It’s not calendar. This is, however, the best we currently have. I too would like to know modes in advance instead of running the arcade thread.

1 Like

I’ve never seen it XD it’s very sad now that i think about it…

Its so old video, you cant charge with flag anymore, no more fun.

Capture the flag is easily the worst mode.

You and I cannot be friends. Shoo!

Mayby not the worse, but one that somehow doont feel so appeling to many people.
Mayby its size of maps, or lack or good balance, who knows, but for some reason for me it was fun at start, and then when people get some stale comps there, and changes comes, it become boring game of waiting who gona break draw and get this flag (if one team dont stomp other)
First match of capture the flag at start was the best one.