Cant seem to rank up - Anyone else?

Yeah, I have but all my cool skins are on this one :’(

The other accounts are working fine, it’s just this one that has problems.

1 Like

If I win ONE game…

My next three games are against players two tiers higher than me, with teammates two tiers lower.

It’s absolutely re-tar-ded.

Rigged, fake ranks, forced 50%, loser’s queue. It’s all happening, whether Blizz wanted it or not.

2 Likes

Out of totally random curiosity, do you believe in the lunar landing conspiracy theory?

I’m only half joking.

In all seriousness, you should read the latest dev diary/blog post from Uncle Aaron, it explains a lot of what you are talking about.

Edit: From what I’ve personally expeirenced, the roles have been matching well enough. you can have a bronze tank and grandmaster supports on one team, but that means that the supports on the other team are grandmaster as well. Also the enemy tank will be bronze. Uncle Aaron explained it a lot better then me.

1 Like

Support is the classic hard role to rank up tbh… Especially if you are a mercy player, see if you can get some VOD reviews - playing as someone like Ana or Bap can change the game completely in your favour

1 Like

To be fair mercy isn’t bad right now at most ranks, its only masters and up where ball/brig+zen is a thing where she loses effectiveness.

1 Like

Its not that Mercy is bad… It’s that Mercy is only as good as her team mates and if you are in bronze fighting bronze, you have to rely on your DPS being better bronze than the other bronze lol

2 Likes

True, but in my experience, most of the time the 3 roles have differently ranked players. I had a game last night with two masters, tanks 4 gold supports, and 4 bronze dps. I think because so few people are in bronze, your better of playing mercy, as you have a high chance of having silver-platinum dps players. Just my opinion, If you want to get gud, so to speak, you are best off doing what the other guy said, as it is hard to carry a game on mercy 100%, and not so much on zen, brig, or Ana.

1 Like

I mean I guess? But even then based on what you are saying you are rolling the dice - half the players profiles are hidden and you have no idea what rank they are

All im saying is if you wanna climb as supp, Mercy has always been the hardest - She has no utility whatsoever, whereas other supp’s can immo, sleep nade etc

The only way to do it is to find a Eboy who is a soldier main and boost yourselves together haha

1 Like

With all those influencers smurfs, derank smurfs, boosted accounts, purchased accounts, “my main is already master I can play silly with this account”, you can’t be sure that the grandmaster is a real grandmaster and the bronze a real bronze.

I saw too many teams where the balance between roles was not there to suspect that someone cheated with their real level, and this phenomenon is not rare, it is even very widespread, it just watch what happens in League of Legends to guess what happens with fp2 Overwatch 2.

Especially in the metal ranks where some players do not play at all with the supposed skill level of their rank, and often even seem to discover the game.

And if overwatch 2 wasn’t the current disaster it would be even worse.

1 Like

His explanation is easy to follow and while it does alleviate things, the question is why do it in the first place?

The only reason that makes sense to me is smurf detection.
Get stronger players out of the lower ranks quicker before they grief players too much. Sure.

But why not match ranks within their ranks instead of mixing it up the way they do?
“We wont be going back to the overwatch 1 model” is what was said…why?

Why does silver need to play with diamond in the first place when clearly the lower ranks are going to struggle and the higher ranks will expect more from them than they are capable of.

It doesnt make sense to me.

3 Likes

After a few yo-yos between gold and plat I finally got into diamond this season and apparently that’s where I’m staying now. Just had my last rank adjustment after going 5-12… dia 4 to dia 4 lol. Even though just last week I was ranking down in plat going 5-3.

After being in gold, plat and diamond this season I’ve come to the conclusion that it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. In gold I would be getting diamond players and in diamond I regularly see gold. So really what’s the point when you’re in the exact same matches?

1 Like

Is this some kind of alpha test?
Or are they taking our money for an finished product?

Profile bugs…I know several accounts that are just perma bugged at this point.

They really don’t care and they’re laughing to your face with every blog/update.

1 Like

You might be experiencing either the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted or the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this thread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Same here, only it was this season. I went from Bronze 5 (irked me, I had great games for qualifiers but far too many leavers & poor support so it took a while solo queue tank). I went on to win nearly all the next 6 matches but it didn’t even rank me up. Kept me in Bronze 5. I continued to push & after next wins, Bronze 4 … then won 6/10 got Bronze 3 yesterday. I went on and got another 6 wins out of 10 played only to be demoted to Bronze 4!! Like, WTF!! And it’s not like I’m not doing anything either. My performance has been something I’ve been pretty proud of. It just doesn’t seem right.

2 Likes

Had my 5 wins, should have gone to Bronze 2 - instead went directly to Bronze 5. My frustration is enormous and I start regretting playing ranked for the first time since 2016.

4 Likes

This is very much my feeling too. As a not too good support I get a lot of angry comments from people ranked gold and especially plat and it’s just so frustrating for both sides.

1 Like

When I was using DPS Moira, my rank went up to Silver 1. However, when I switched to Mercy, it went down to Bronze 4.
It is strange that the role of support is to heal allies, but if you don’t get kills or damage, your rank doesn’t go up.
No matter how much I support my allies, no matter how much I heal, my rank goes down. It is strange.
What is the role of support in a rank match? Are kills more important than heals?
I like Mercy and want to keep using her, but I am very tired.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m stuck playing Lucio for kills. Sucks man.

1 Like

I played the last 3 days…
I was originally placed b5 and never went further than silver something in season 1 cuz I was tired of healing stones.

So now i played from S3 to S2 To S1 to S1 to S2(!!!) after each 5 wins.

Overall 17 matches 11 wins.
…sooooOOoOOOOooOooO how do i climb then. I dont?
What the hell is going on here.

Isnt it supposed to be 5 wins Up and 15 or something losses DOWN?
like - what else the f should I do.

this cant be right

1 Like

You get updated when you get 5 wins or 15 losses whatever happens first, and it moves you according to what was the match ratings vs yours and have you won those. So, you go 5-3, all 8 matches are giving you the update. You can still go down with positive winrate in the series, and it sucks, but that can be, because you were winning matches where you were much higher than match rating and lost when match rating was just a bit lower than yours.
Until they fix the issue with match screen with lists and rating regularly missing, it is hard to track. I’ve heard there is some workaround, but i’m not bothering.

1 Like