Cant seem to rank up - Anyone else?

I’ve been having a bit of trouble with my support ranking. Even though I’ve been winning the majority of my games, I can’t seem to move up from bronze rank. It’s frustrating because with damage, I usually move up a few ranks on a good winning streak, but with support, it’s always just one step up or down. I’m not sure how the ranking system works exactly, but it feels like support is much more strict than damage. What do you think?

13 Likes

new ranking system is a joke, everyone is being put into low ranks and unable to climb and are given no information on their SR. I wouldn’t even bother with it

13 Likes

I’ve been skipping ranks like crazy lately. Began season 3 at plat 4 after the global seasonal derank, then it went plat 2 → plat 1 → dia 5 → dia 3 → master 5. I’ve never jumped this much so quickly before. Seems a bit fishy and I suspect I have very a nasty loss streak ahead of me.

10 Likes

I think it’s bugged again. Was silver 3 last season. Went 5w 1L and stayed bronze 5. This games so busted.

14 Likes

I went from gold 3 to bronze 5 at the start of season 2, then in 12 hours ranked up to gold 3 again. This season I got placed bronze 5 again am on a 167-16 game win/loss and can’t get past bronze 2. It’s also putting me Grandmaster games. Yeah, ranked is screwed right now it’s not just you.

11 Likes

Is that a typo? Your profile shows 47/52, that’s 99 games, so a 42% win rate.

3 Likes

oooof got emmmm! But on the real, if you are improving you will rank up, if you are just looking to win, well that will make you ping pong more than anything. When i took a step back and really started refining my tank play i got to diamond, so im not speaking out of my butt lol

1 Like

You must be blissfully unaware of the profile bug running rampant right now. Lucky you!
Also check again my profile is non existent right now.

1 Like

Another nice dev blog post is coming telling us that our experience is not true. Onesided matches are corner cases or even better unicorns… Or my favorite, the matchmaking system needs to learn about us to make good placements. Meanwhile, you play frustrated because you have 0 sense of progression in a game whose competitive mode is just a chimera.

4 Likes

I also have had problems with ranking up. I slowly went up 1 tier each five wins when I got a boost from silver 2 to gold 4, then I got gold 4 two times in a row, got gold 5, then got gold 4 another two times. 25 wins to stay in the same rank just doesn’t seem fair does it? I can say with confidence that I do very good in the majority of my games and my friend who queues with me is ranking up way more than me. He is plat 4 currently but we have been queueing the same games and winning the same amount. He even says that I should be ranking up and says that I do consistently better than him. But I guess it’s my fault that I’m stuck gold 4, right?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. The first couple times I thought I was getting promoted I brushed it off. Now I’m on my 7th promotion and I’m still the same rank. I believe I might not ever go up. Im a support and I’ve had the most kills, damage and heals each game which is leaving me to wonder if I even belong at that rank anymore. Idk I think I’m done playing this game. My friends are already close to high masters and I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to play with them anymore which is the whole reason why I play this game in the first place.

2 Likes

I’m aware of the bug, and your profile is quite existent. You just need to remove the “/pc” part from the URL:
https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/career/Vorpal-11500/

Your profile is fine. I really hope you’re not trying to say you’ve actually won 167 games and only lost 16.

2 Likes

If my profile is fine where is the data from the current season, or the first comp season from overwatch 2, or the seasons I played in overwatch 1? Why does it not reflect my current rank or proper statistics on dps and tank? On a side note, maybe be less of a assuming jackass.

You don’t have to look too far to find problems in my stats. Maximum requirement is taught in 1st grade. You have to be able to count and read short sentences, congrats you failed at both!
Linked below is a screenshot of my current profile as I see it. It says ALL of my swift strike resets are in one game, and that I have 1,800+. Think that through. Is that possible?
https://pin.it/24lSFuk

Edited to add evidence

1 Like

If you’re unable to climb, it’s because you’re at the rank you belong

I barely played on one account and after two season drops I was in gold and just got masters on tank/dps this season.

1 Like

I think they only thing you can do is group up. Playing Tank/DPS I go up 2-3 tiers at a time. On support I go up max of 1. I’ve tried being more DPS oriented as Moira and it made zero difference. I haven’t grouped up and it takes around 15 games to go up 1.

1 Like

I’m convinced the ranking system doesn’t know what its doing. I play with the same group consistently, I placed gold 4 dps while my buddy placed in plat. I usually edge him out on dps and kills but for the most part were pretty neck and neck. I’d like to know how this was done and where the gap came from…

3 Likes

I would agree up until season 3. Season 1 and two I placed bronze 5 and climbed to platinum and gold. This season I placed bronze 5 and have not been able to climb past bronze 2, and I played more this season then last.

3 Likes

It’s a slot machine but I’ve been doing ok at it this season. On DPS I think I went like 5-9 and still climbed out of gold. On tank I seem to climb no matter what my record is. I am glad qp keeps tilting me to the point to come back to comp and climb some more.

Also got saved by a server crash on a game I was going to lose yesterday. It usually doesn’t happen in my favor so I think they are doing everything in their power to keep me playing more.

2 Likes

The career profile in-game is bugged, yes. It should partly fix itself if you play a game of competitive open queue and whatever roles you haven’t played yet. It still won’t show previous seasons properly, but it will show correct S3 stats.

Profiles on the web however reflect stats of the current season, and do so properly, unrelated to any in-game bugs. As I linked before:
https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/career/Vorpal-11500/

You’ve played 104 games this season and won 50, and you die an average of 8.5 times per 10 minutes, with an average of 7k damage per 10.

And the link you’ve given as “evidence” doesn’t work, so there’s that, but I assume it was supposed to be a screenshot of your bugged career profile.

So we still don’t know what you mean by “167-16 game win/loss”, but from what we can see, you’re just another salty bronze Genji one trick with a negative win rate in dire need of a reality check.

I just went from Plat 4 to Plat 1 playing Lucio 5-0. So +300 SR in 5 games kinda sus I’ll take it though.

1 Like