Cancer survivor mercy-main here, rr Pink Mercy skin for BCA?

agreed - to me, finding a cure for cancer is far far far more important that “muh exclusivity”

(not that the ~900k instances of this skin make it truly “exclusive”, from my pov)

that said, to each their own

2 Likes

Blizzard has stated this NUMEROUS of times on many different platforms that the skin and sprays have no plan to return. This is where the “Best of both worlds” comes into play as even though it is not Pink Mercy, it is a variant of a Pink Mercy Skin, which again please those who still want to obtain the skin can obtain a recolor of it, and those who missed the original event, can now partake into this event with this charity variety based off Pink Mercy skin as well.

Also, this is YOUR version of the best of both worlds. This is not a personal attack by any means… This is your ideal of the best of both worlds. Which there is nothing wrong with it, but those who missed the opportunity years ago are more than excited to get this chance of opportunity, so he or she would be more than happy to take the re-color of Pink Mercy skin, satisfying his or her needs of desiring the skin. In which is the middle ground while again staying with legal rights.

The comparison on a general concept is there. Both are desirable/ wants. That is the general concept. The bigger picture, the overall concept of the comparion that Aurora, was making, in which again is a good comparison.

My only reason would be the same logic as to why some individuals just want the charity event to make a return just so that can obtain the skin itself. The only real reason would be for selfish desire- which there is nothing wrong on both ends, meaning if you want the skin to be exclusive or if you want the event to come back so that you can get the skin.

Again, I am in the group where I do not care if the skin makes a return or not, however, when Blizzard made it very known that the skin is not making a return, sometimes you have to take it for what it is and just simply hope for another charity event. Like you said, at the end of the day it is justification for money to be raised for a really good case, however, what a lot of individuals have to realize is that Blizzard can not LEGALLY, re-release Pink Mercy without the permission of BCFR, and AGAIN to my acknowledgment, BCFR HAS NOT GIVEN BLIZZARD THE PERMISSION to do so if they did, then Blizzard chooses NOT to re-release the skin, which so is evidence within itself. It has been said multiple times that the skin has no plans to return, and while changes can and do change, as of right now, IT HAS NOT changed over the years. If anything a recolor to Pink Mercy, which mind you is still Pink Mercy, is being in the making in which, many have stated that this is the middle ground to appease both parties while still being within legal rights.

The only thing there is to do is just simply wait because who knows, maybe the Rose Gold Mercy skin would be better than the Pink Mercy, or since it is in a bundle, it might have the Orginal Pink Mercy bundle within it. Who knows, until times arise to the event itself. What I presumed is that this opens up more doors for more opportunities, and those who still desire the Pink Mercy Skin, should be excited that at least a re-color is being released, but it just seems like, and this is not everyone, but a select few, as many are happy that Rose Gold- a Pink Mercy Skin Variant is being released, but it just seems like a select few are disappointed/ not happy since it is not Pink Mercy skin, and that it needs to be Pink Mercy skin.

All in all, I am excited that this opens up more opportunities for more charity events to be in the making in the future, and hopefully the Rose Gold Mercy skin is just as successful as Pink Mercy, and that those who miss his or her opportunity years ago, gets another shot at this opportunity.

1 Like

I would love it if the leak is true, I would also love it if Blizzard decided to do more charity themed skins in the future. While I already like to give to charity as much as I can, it is nice to have little extras here and there to shed light on different organizations. As noble and as fulfilling as donating to charity through events is, I’ll be honest… It’s also cool to get a little something extra with your donation from time to time. I know that sounds bad as it’s not really the point of giving to charity, but it is really nice. This take makes me feel terrible… :face_with_peeking_eye:. I suppose selling a skin is more like a fundraiser as there is a product or service given in exchange for the donation.

Anyway, self-guilt aside, I’m excited at the prospect of another fundraiser event! Also OP, I’m glad that you kicked cancer’s butt! I hope that with donations from these wonderful organizations that more and more people continue winning the fight!

1 Like

Plans can and do change, especially with this game, as we have seen many times now.

And in general, with any organization that changed its leadersip. New leaders, New ideas

Any arrangement where Pink Mercy isnt reoffered to all is not in any way, shape, or form “the best of both worlds”. It is t even close.

It isnt Pink Mercy though. Pink mercy is what is being requested

Apples and oranges

If one wants an apple, but only oranges are available, it doesnt meet the need ir want for apples

Again, the skin you speak of here is not pink mercy

Some problems with this statement

First, this isnt the same event nor the same skin. As such, it doesnt serve as a substitute

Second, there is no missong out, at least not yet. As this event has not yet occurred. Or even been announced

Third, the folks who would like to obtain this skin are not all folks who missed out. Millions upon millions of folks were not in the game at the time the offer was available. A good number of those arrived when the fame went free to play. In addition. Many if those who already bought the skin have stated tgat they wish to purchase it agsin. None of these folks “missed out” on the original offer

Finally, “missing out” implies that the product or service had a limited supply.
This is a virtual item, and as such, it can be sold in limitless numbers and at any time

Not at all

There are many many many players who have expressed openly that they want to buy this skin. As such, nothing is resolved by offering a second skin. They might indeed buy the orange that is being offered. But the orange quite simply isnt an apple and therefore does not address the want/need for the apple. That want remains, unabated

I understand and accept that you feel they are comparable

I have already expkained that i do not feel that they are comparable at all

With this item now fully clarified, i will not be addressing it any further in this side conversation

There nothing selfish in wanting the skin

The only selfishness i have seen in this topic is from those who have stated that their desire for alleged “exclusivity” is more important than finding a cure for cancer

They have not stated that, actually

Alternately, one could choose to discuss the topic of pink mercy…a perfectly legitimate ow-related topic…on a forum explicitly set up for discussion of ow-related topics

Actually, tho stated as a fact, this is not known to be a fact, at least in the public domain. It may well be true, but that isnt a known

It isnt actually known in the public domain if Blizzard has to get BCRFs permission to do so

It isnt actually known in the public domain if BCRF has or has not done so

Not at all

Blizzard hasnt provided any statements on their reason(s) for their inaction thus far

not at all

It will be another separate and distinct skin

It will not be Pink Mercy

Maybe.

Its certainly possiblity

But again, it isnt a substitute…it is its own thing, regardless of whether it is better or worse

If this were the case, the problem is solved

I dont know of anyone who is unhappy that there is to be a new charity skin.

But it changes nothing in terms of the discussion of the return of the Pink Mercy skin

2 Likes

There is no need to feel any guilt in buying a charity skin

Money goes to the charity, which helps fund the cause

3 Likes

I already address this in which you forgot to quote, so I will quote below.

However, I thought the original arrangement was for the charity to come back so those who missed the opportunity to donate and obtain the skin can do so. This upcoming event is doing just that. So again, THIS IS YOUR version of the best of both worlds. You are saying that is not even close, but it is literally just that, it is a re-color… the same skin, same concept, same model, same design BUT JUST DIFFERENT COLOR SCHEME, in which Blizzard is even sticking to the same color scheme of PINK, literally PINK… That is as close as Blizzard can get wile maintaining within legal rights.

You are correct, it is Rose Gold, the same skin, same model, same design just instead of Hot Pink, it is Rose Gold…which again is still PINK…

You are right, at the end of the day, BOTH are fruits, and if one wants to obtain a FRUIT THAT IS HIGH IN VITAMIN C, then either or of the Apple and Orange fullied his or her needs, as at the end of the day, it is about the CHAIRTY EVENT. Just how, since we are using your example, at the end of the day both are fruits, that obtain high sources of vitamin C.

To bring it into reality, even though the skin itself is not Pink Mercy, it is still a variant of Pink Mercy, and those who missed the opportunity in the charity event, HAVE this opportunity to do so, since I thought at the end of the day the real arrangement, was to have another charity event to help fund for a good cause?

A better analogy that applies to this current situation would be to say one is a Fuji Apple, while the other one is a Granny Smith Apple, since at the end of the day they are both APPLE and drive from the literally the same fruit, which is an apple. Same for Pink Mercy and Rose Gold Mercy, both drive from the skin design of Pink Mercy.

But it is a charity event that features Pink Mercy, but with a different shade of Pink. Again it appears that we are focused on a cosmetic, that we are ignoring the overall big picture that another charity event is about to occur, that is featuring Mercy, with a skin that is from the same design, same model, same concept of PINK MERCY, but instead of hot pink, it is rose gold, which again is still PINK.

At the end of the day, IT IS A CHARITY EVENT… This shouldn’t even be a debatable discussion, as it is again a charity event, in which many have been wanting to happen again, and is going to a good cause.

This, I do agree, as it is a matter of playing the waiting game until it arises around the time frame of the event, but where is the hope? Because let it be a leak that said Pink Mercy is making a return in the next season, then the attitude and response would be completely different than what it is now. Even though Rose Gold Mercy is literally Pink Mercy, but with a different shade of Pink. But we just have to wait and see, as plans do change, maybe they will decide to give the Rose Gold to Kiriko, who knows?

And Blizzard has appeased those who normally came after the event with a recolor of the skins, with some being the MVP OWL skins, some of the Blizzcon Skins, and a lot of the OW1 Skin, even some of the battle-pass skins… So Blizzard is still following through with the same formula. I am not understanding your logic here as it is extremely flawed, so please help me understand it, genuinely.

It was MISSED OUT… it was a limited-time event, that is tied to a legal contract between Blizzard and BCFR… It literally CAN NOT be sold at any time as opposed to the time frame that the event itself was available. Again, I am not understanding your logic here either.

If Blizzard decides to sell Pink Mercy at any time, BLIZZARD CAN SERIOUSLY GET INTO LEGAL, I mean LEGAL TROUBLE, as that is a breach of contract.

But as of right now, we are a discussion between YOU and I, not these many many many players as you speak of, as the ones I encountered are greatly thankful to even get another chance to the same skin, but a different shade of Pink, but most importantly participant in a charity event.

So again, this is YOUR version in which YOU have expressed this to me in this forum discussion, so yes, this is YOUR version of the best of both worlds . As Bali, the owner/ creator of this thread even stated

And you discredit Bali's statement and proceed to said this…

So yes, this is your version of the best of both worlds, which again there is nothing wrong with, as your are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, but let us not sit here and pretend like this is not a good middle ground for both parties, at least a great start.

It is not an orange though, an orange would be if it had a completely different skin, different model, and different design… it is a recolor, with the same skin, same model, and same design… it is still an apple just not the type “COLOR” apple that you want. Which you are entitled to that, and not going to take it away from you, but to say it is an orange is quite extreme.

If you want a particular skin for your own desire, by definition it is selfish. I already address this previously, in which you did not quote what I fully said about this matter, so I will post it here below while emphasizing how I address this situation..

They have, numerous of times?

I never said you couldn’t, you can choose to discuss about the topic of Pink Mercy, as I enjoy coming into any discussion to see if there have been any update, but so far, it is the same results.

This statememtn condtract itself, please elborate as this makes no sense.

I thought you said that BCRF has done so? Which is it?

^ This what you stated.

The reasoning for their inaction thus far is not release the skin after all these years, that is the evidence within itself along with them making a statement saying on mulitple plateforms, many different times that they have no plans to bring back the Pink Mercy Skin or icons…

I already address this, therefore, I am not discussing this within future conversations… It is not a completely different skin, it is a recolor of the same skin. But you are right it is not Pink Mercy, it is Rose Gold Mercy.

I seen a few who are unhappy that Blizzard did not release the Pink Mercy, even after they have stated that there is no plans of it returining multiple times. As of right now this whole debate between you and I, have been primarily focused on again a comestic skin, and not the charity itself which speaks volumes. Not only that, but we have completely derail from Bali wonderful news, which I apolgize to Bali, and want to again congrats on the journey. I do hope you enjoy this Pink Mercy recolor, and I am so proud of your success on the journey.

Back to Megadodo, because I was entertain with this conversation, though some of your counter-arguement needs to be explained better as it either contradict itself or just have flaw factual information, meanining, lack of evidences. I do enjoy, genuinely, having discussions with you about the matter of topic. So here, I will like your post :blue_heart:

2 Likes

the alleged upcoming event does not, as far as we know, involve Pink Mercy

as such, no, it is not what was or is wanted

not at all

an arrangement that does not involve Pink Mercy becoming available again is not the “best” in any way, shape, of forum for all those who want the offer to return

again, it is a large group of folks who want this to happen, not just me, despite the continued insistence that this is personal to me

it isnt

never has been, never will be

what you have just described is a second charity skin that IS NOT Pink Mercy

It is a second charity skin, welcomed on its own right, but is not Pnk Mercy despite continued insistence that it is

to be fully clear - I think it great that there is allegedly another charity skin on its way. I have always been in favor of more charity skins. But it isnt Pink mercy nor is it a substitute for Pink Mercy, regardless of any resemblance

There are two assumptions being made here that are being stated as fact, when they arnt knowns

First, we dont actually know if Blizzard can get closer or not, even though that doesnt really matter, as this wont be Pink Mercy no matter how close they get it

Second, we also dont know whether or not Blizzard is constrained in any way in this matter. Them choosing (so far) not to re-release the offer does not mean they cant.

and again, this is a separate and distinct skin

again, it is not Pink Mercy

again, its alleged upcoming availability does not in any way change the situation as far as Pink Mercy goes

if one wants an apple, getting an orange does not ever meet the need/want for an apple

ever

same with these two skins…obtaining the second (alleged) charity skin does not take care of the desire to obtain the first charity skin

it isnt the same charity event

as such, it does not provide a second opportunity

it provides a first opportunity

again, not at all

this second charity skin is its own thing, and its alleged eventual existence does not change anything for those who wish to obtain Pink Mercy, despite the continued insistence otherwise

absolutely not

this alleged second skin imply isnt Pink Mercy

at all

any Mercy skin can be colored (or recolored) to a shade of Pink

any of them

but none of these would be Pink Mercy, the skin that was the original charity skin

none would be a substitute for the actual Pink Mercy, including this new alleged skin

at the end of the day, this new alleged charity event is different and distinct from the previous one, in that a skin that is NOT Pink Mercy is being offered

Due to the continued insistence that this new alleged skin is Pink Mercy, when it absolutely isnt based on what we have heard so far, discussion continues

the reaction to the new alleged skin is actually good

lots of people, myself included, would like to see more charity skins

not at all

it literally isnt Pink Mercy

at all

it is a seperate and sitinct skin based on what we have heard so far

we’ve been supplied with rumor and speculation so far, nothing concrete. Is this even does occur, and this skin is made available, only then will we know the skins specs and would then be able to compare the two

no problem with that whatsoever

There’s been no “appeasement” on the matter of the request for Pink Mercy thus far

None at all

I know of no flaws whatsoever with any logic I have expressed in this thread

Not really

If one intends to go to concert, and doesnt, that exact concert will not re-occur and one has missed out

If a show maker makes 200 of a given pair of shoes, and you do not buy one before the 200th pair of shoes is sold, you have missed out

These are finite items - one can miss out

Skins - all skins, not just the one being discussed in this thread - are virtual. They can be sold again at any time and in unlimited amounts. There is no missing out on such an item with unlimited availability

Blizzard could say it is now available during the month of October (BC Awareness Month) and it would still be a limited time event/offer

The terms of said contract are being guessed at in the statement above

The terms of the contract arent actually known in the public domain

As such, the above is a supposition, not a fact

In any case, it is already known the BCRF is in favor of the offer returning, and as such, they arent blocking it

see above

More suppositions about the contract, the terms of which are not known in the public domain

this is not a private discussion…any forum member can read it and participate if they deem fit at any time

my statement stands

not at all

I have already covered this item

it is indeed a case of oranges and apples

Providing the former does not change the want/need for the other

not at all

I’ve already provided a description of the actual selfishness that has been occasionally exhibited in this thread

What you are claiming was said is not what they actually said

What you are claiming was said has never been said by them, not even once

This in turn means it has not been said “numerous times”

1 Like

To all readers:

It appears that there are those who are going to claim that the alleged new “Rose” charity skin for Mercy impacts this thread and/or the desire to obtain Pink Mercy

As a clarification: while I appreciate any new charity skin being offered, no, this does not affect this topic at all

Not even a little

Having an alleged (its not actually been announced by Blizzard) charity skin 2 available does not in any way impact the desire to obtain charity skin 1

as such, I wont be spending any more time discussing this separate and distinct skin in this thread

It is however (I think) likely that other forum members will want to continue discussing it here, even though it - since it isnt Pink Mercy, and this is a Pink Mercy thread - belongs in its own thread

That said, fair warning: since some other forum members have already stated - even though this 2nd skin exists at the moment only as rumors and conjectures - that Rose Mercy IS Pink Mercy, they will continue to see discussion of Rose Mercy as topical in a Pink Mercy thread

Why are there literal essays upon essays of posts here?

The skin might come back or it might not. There might be a new skin as well or there might not.

We don’t need a whole dissertation on the topic.

7 days and 170 posts of back and forth and back and forth.

3 Likes

this is a discussion forum

discussion is occurring

I personally do not see discussion on a discussion forum as being a problem

1 Like

You have had this same discussion more times than I have blinked in the past 20 years. I don’t see what more anyone could possibly add to the conversation of Pink Mercy.

The fact you have managed to rephrase all existing arguments into multiple dissertations worth is astounding and just unnecessary.

4 Likes

I feel everything I wrote was on topic and worthy of being said

One does not not have to like every topic on the forum, but one should accept that there are going to be topics to one’s liking and others that are not…and the latter still deserve to be on this forum

1 Like

I think the skin should return to shut everyone up who says you should just donate out of the kindness of your heart (which I agree with in principle). But, there’s nothing wrong with people wanting to donate just to get the skin either.

3 Likes

And for that there will be a new charity skin.

2 Likes

The thing is if the skin came back tomorrow for $20 and we were told the profits would be going to Blizzard instead of BCRF, all of these people whining for the skin would still buy it anyways cuz they only care about getting the skin lmao

Whereas if Blizz ran a BCRF event in game tomorrow where you could donate $15 for a new Pink Ana skin all these people would still be crying for Pink Mercy

Which is just why we laugh when people try to use the “charity” aspect as a reason why they want it to come back when we all know the real reason

:person_shrugging:

3 Likes

It is unlikely in the extreme that any one forum member knows any of the folks on threads like this one at all, much less well enough to make “factual” declarations about what they care about

There’s been no crying. There has been asking, same as any buyer of any good would do if the desired good wasnt available

What there has been a lot of in threads like this, tho, is attackers using attacking words like “crying”

such attacks are against the spirit and rules of this forum, and as such, should cease

except…again…no one knows any of the potential buyers well enough to know their feelings and motivations

all of this is just another another attack on others

This is not gear towards Bali whatsoever, as like you said the skin could be release tomorrow without the organization, and while there may be some negative feedback/ backlash, the skin would still profit, and many may still obtain just because he or she really want the skin. It was made that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having self-desires, like at all. We are all human, and we all have selfish tendency, that is apart of being human.

But if you view the paragraph upon paragraph throughout this thread, and it is not everyone, but select few, including myself in the process, went on a whole debate over a skin rather than the charity event itself. A cosmetic item, instead of focusing on the charity event. That in itself speaks VOLUME on many levels, and just proves points that many have made when this topic gets brought up, which is sad.

4 Likes

Yup…it is really sad

2 Likes

except - it isnt sad at all

charities like BCRF appeal to multiple kinds of donors, including but not limited to those who seek recompense for their donations, in order to maximize donations

However, you will not see BCRF attacking and deriding such donors, as is being done in this thread, repeatedly They and other charities understand and accept that not all donors are the same

the only sad thing in this thread, as I see it, is the continued (apparent) need to attack and deride others - fellow players and forum members - for them simply wishing to make a purchase

I just really do hope that those individuals who were unfortunate to partake in the event back in 2018, could partake in this upcoming event, if the rumors are true. Hopefully this new Pink Mercy recolor skin, or we can just call it Rose Gold Mercy Skin could be just as successfully as the first charity event. WISHFUL THINKING, but I just hope the charity event is true and that it is just as successfully.

1 Like