Cancer survivor mercy-main here, rr Pink Mercy skin for BCA?

Hey everyone!
I missed the window to attain this beautiful Mercy skin and have been waiting for years now hoping the promotion would surface again.
Initially I just thought it was a really cute skin, and accepted that I missed out on it. But a few years ago, I was diagnosed with BC and underwent months of treatment. The cute little skin I liked carries so much more significance now. I would love the opportunity to support breast cancer research and my fellow warriors by sporting Pink Mercy. With all the recent rereleases of old skins, i thought this might be my best shot at asking (pleading?) for the promotion to return! Breast Cancer Awareness month is October. Please consider rereleasing one of the most loved (and actual best) Mercy skins this year!
Thank you!

61 Likes

I genuinely hope you get what youā€™re looking for.

Iā€™m going to warn you now this topic is a lightning rod on the forums, and youā€™re going to be accused of intentionally stirring drama. Youā€™re also going to get people saying you donā€™t have to have the skin to donate and in general be kinda mean to you. Iā€™m sorry in advance on behalf of anyone that does that.

Iā€™m happy you survived, I hope you get the skin, and I hope you get a long and healthy life.

66 Likes

I second what was said in the comment above.

28 Likes

Blizzard should do more charity fundraising via skins and in-game items. Itā€™s a win-win for everyone.

26 Likes

I would love to see them bring this skin back!

:sob: :heartpulse:

15 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if anyone thinks Iā€™m trying to start drama? Thatā€™s not my intention whatsoever. I know the forums are a playground for trolls but this is where my support ticket referred me to and encouraged me to bring it up in hopes for additional support from the community.

Thank you both for the well wishes, it does mean a lot!

35 Likes

People here are crazy about the skin. There used to be a lot of posts about it and it would cause fights. It might not be that way this time though which is nice lol I just didnā€™t want it to catch you off guard if it did

4 Likes

Thank you for the fair warning! I didnā€™t know that it was such a hot topic.

4 Likes

If Iā€™m not mistaken BCRF has said theyā€™d be happy to do another event. So itā€™s on blizzard to say yes to it again. I hope they do it again.

17 Likes

I agree! I think some people who are more reserved with expenditures might feel a little more justified if part( or all) of the sale is going to charity.

1 Like

Itā€™s very unlikely itā€™ll happen.

13 Likes

Congratulations on your recovery, OP. :+1:

That being said, in combination with what iluvsoph posted, I donā€™t think any women-centric charities would be terribly interested in working with Blizzard. Not with all the stories that came out about sexism in the workplace and the literal actual stealing of breast milk. Maybe in a few years when the laid off employees get replaced by normal, non mentally disturbed human beings.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if they will bring it back or not. But I hope that they do for people like you.

10 Likes

Personally I would love for the skin to return in October, even moreso if they partnered with more foundations for prostrate or other cancer awareness. And yes, I do have the Pink Mercy skin, AND yes I donate to the BCRF every year.

Sadly Blizzard will likely never agree to it again, as 100% proceeds to a charity means 0% profits for Blizzard which is apparently all they care about anymore.

3 Likes

I never come to the forums which is why its saying 3hrs old i guess.
Im sorry you think im twisted enough to joke about cancer.
People are awful though so i can see why youd be suspicious!
Anyway im not here for validation, just want a skin i can resonate with.
Thank you for showing up and the info.

11 Likes

Not how it works, if you joined 3 hours ago you made the account 3 hours ago.

7 Likes

Really?
I been playing since like COVID-19 and I only started posting in like January of this year
Weird

3 Likes

I would give you mine if I could.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no reason for that skin to not just be in the shop 24/7 with a ā€œall proceeds to charityā€ tag.

6 Likes

Bunch of weirdos in the comments today trying to defend a virtual skins exclusivity

9 Likes