Can we stop asking for devs to get fired?

then continue to ruin mercy in 6 different ways not realizing, im the reason they are mad…

2 Likes

It’s not ridiculous though, given that a few years ago the devs were actively responding on these forums, stopped because a load of people were making personal attacks towards them, and one of the community managers had to make a thread saying that it wasn’t on.

1 Like

Well tbh if you release atrocities like launch Brig, Doomfist, Ball into the game i understand that people are mad and tbh, i also have very little sympathy and respect for the so out of touch dev or devs that do these kinds of things.

1 Like

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Nobody is making personal attacks here, just directionless complaints.

As long as the devs keep killing heroes (their latest victims, Symmetra, above all Mercy and Moira), they don’t deserve any kind of praise, quite the opposite.

4 Likes

If that were the case, I wouldn’t have made this thread.

Why should a dev keep their job if a sizable chunk of people aren’t happy with their work? Just because the economy is bad? If you’re bad at your job, you shouldn’t keep your job.

9 Likes

People are asking for the devs to be fired… for real?

I may have issues with what they are producing, but to want their livelihoods taken away because of that is just… it’s short sighted and cruel.

Their board of directors and CEO’s on the other hand… (They’re actual million/billionaires, they can take it.)

1 Like

Doesn’t justify wanting someone to be fired.

Seriously, anyone trying to justify this has never held down a real job to support themselves, and you can’t convince me otherwise

1 Like

I should also point out i don’t want anyone fired, but i sure as heck would re-assign the decision makers…

I would find them something they are good at and hope the pull of trust doesn’t break them.

at the end of the day, i have a team if the game does well and grows, i do not if it declines.

Fair, but it’s still ridiculous to act like these complaints actually have any impact.

Even if the complaints DID have a chance at making an impact, the devs are professionals and whether they like it or not, they’ve been pushed into the public eye. If they can’t handle the heat, they shouldn’t be in the role.

Maybe not direct impact, but people always complain that feedback is rarely taken from the forums, and no doubt the reason why is because nobody from the dev team wants to spend their time digging through personal attacks and rant threads to find the one nugget of feedback that got buried that they can actually take on board.

You don’t have to like the direction the game is going in, but if we were at least more respectful to the developers, they may actually start paying more attention to the feedback on this forum.

The CM told the forums directly that this place is a tiny fraction of the community and that it isn’t one which gives unbiased feedback. They’re not staying away because of nasty words, they’re staying away because there’s nothing useful for them here.

Only group of people that have that power are shareholders of the company, and unfortunately they vote for them to stay because they make them money.

Once the new bosses take over, virtually all the present personnel may be looking elsewhere for employment anyway. It’s the nature of the business.

See this person gets it.

1 Like

I’d hate to be an OW2 dev too, knowing what a terrible game I’d be creating.

4 Likes

Tbh i couldnt care less about the devs or the company because they do not care about loyal ow players.

They deliver bad work, so they pay for it at the end.

7 Likes

When did someone ask for devs to be fired? Usually its just people complaining about that the devs are bad, but I don’t see it go that far very often at all.

Albeit you’re right, I just don’t know where this is coming from?
Edit: found where this is coming from

It was one time today and he makes a topic about it lmao

You can read I tried defending the beta

2 Likes