Can we please make Public Profile's the default setting?

so, lets say blizzard does this…and a lot of people set it to private anyway…what was solved Kids?..absolutely…NOthing

1 Like

Icons are universal, and you can choose anyone you want. Its a personal designation, and some do not even represent a specific hero in Overwatch.

I happen to like Mercy and the Valkerie symbol, I main D.va.

1 Like

And i fully agree, but i think that bullies will find excuses to bully people regardless of their stats. The girl, since she played Mercy and Mercy isn’t in a good spot, provided “bully ammunition” by simply existing, making some calls and listening to voice chat, and playing Mercy.

Then tell me what you do when you and I are matched on a team in Competitive, my profile is public, I choose Mercy, and I have 0 hours in my profile for playing Mercy

1 Like

But most people won’t set it to private, the extreme majority just can’t be bothered to change it or doesn’t even know it, or just plain don’t care.

1 Like

i dont care about 3rd party sites. in fact, i dont care about stats in general. using this as a reason to make profiles public again is just weak.

3 Likes

there is no acceptable reason for bullying

period

2 Likes

Yes.
So it DOESNT. MATTER.

Drop it please.

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t check your profile in the first place, but if i did, i would check if you played Mercy on Quick Play, and if you by chance had zero hours on her, i would ask if you were sure about the choice, and ask if you could maybe switch to a healer you had more hours on.

If you didn’t say or do anything, i would shut up. If you played well, i would brush it off as you maybe had a smurf, and if you played badly i’d avoid you.

And i agree. Why did you even say that?

Well it doesn’t matter if you have 0 hours on her in comp,but if you even have 0 hours on her in QP then people are gonna asume you aren’t familiar with her kit and that might cause them to loose.

There you go.

I dont need your opinion on this

MY account

MY copy of OW

MY choice of character

Done

Dont want to hear from you about how you think I should play.

Once again, private profile fully justified

3 Likes

still my choice, not yours

1 Like

You don’t need my opinion, but i’m free to ask and give it to you. A competitive match where the result matters to everyone, and you soft throwing isn’t justification for private profiles.

Data is information. Information helps you to improve and understand why something has gone wrong if it does. All the major Esport games have public data on their players because they are competitive games. Overwatch is Esports crazy. Without accurate data, without scoreboards, Overwatch is falling behind. Capiche?

The literal and only reason profiles have been hidden is because Overwatch has succumbed to PC culture. Generation snowflakes have colonised gaming culture with their incessant whining.

3 Likes

Well you’re gonna loose too.And if you choose to loose because you play a hero you have 0 hours and expirience with,and are taking the rest of your team down with you,that tells me more about you than them.

2 Likes

and I dont need to provide you info you can try to use to back up your opinion that again I dont need or want. Maybe some of your type doesnt even bother trying unless they get the data they want before stating such an opinion, and that means less toxicity for me. Less toxicity, more better

I never throw.

Character choice is never throwing per se.

What you do with that character might be, but the choice itself never is

you public profile folks are so funny with your rationalizations

from another private/public profile thread, and so true:

4 Likes

Nah.

I play characters I know how to play

Maybe I got my experience with Mercy (in this scenario) on another account, hundreds of hours perhaps?

Once you throw in the fact that there are 11 other people in the match and, in competitive, you all have an informal agreement to try your hardest to win your choice really pales in comparison to the needs of the group.

1 Like

use of the term snowflakes proves to me what sort of person you are, and causes me to dismiss whatever point you are attempting to make, regardless of whether it has validity or not

5 Likes