Can we PLEASE get rid of chain beams?

For good Mercy players? Yeah!

Not only is it more fun and engaging, but you’re able to pump tons of healing into targets getting focused.

Mercy should be a strong single-target healer and not a lackluster AoE healer.

Valkyrie takes away her potential to keep focused targets alive. For an ultimate, it’s really bad, even with the 60 HP/s revert.

I tend to try balancing for the character as a whole.

And Rez is always going to limit how powerful Mercy’s Ult can be.

Then it should be her ult.

1 Like

Don’t just take one part of what I said. 100hp/s over 12s is a long period. Zanyetta and Moria’s ult are both only 6s long.

Morias ult is not 100% accurate on a target, and she is easy to focus down since she is always ground level.

Zanyetta is on the ground, has to move to the front line to heal his group, than slowly back out into a safe position with his laughable mobility.

Mercy is extremely mobile, and with 100hp/s consistent heal can easily create similar effect. That part is fine, but the problem is, you’re asking for double the duration!

That’s more on aesthetics than gameplay balance.

1 Like

Then, as FFirebrandd said:

I could see an 8 second Valkyrie work too…

So turn it into a knock off Nanoboost.

That is the same duration as Nano.

1 Like

Because damage boost stack. So 50% from mercy can stack with 30% from Orisa and even 30% from Ana giving a 110% boost to one character and 80% to the rest.

Which would mean a single 100 hps beam would still suck.

Zen’s ult is a 3x more powerful AoE. Moira’s ult is actually 8 seconds.

It’s the size of a truck. How exactly are you missing with it? Also she’s significantly faster and self healing for 50 per second. What part of that is “easy to focus down”?

He’s invincible mate. If Trans doesn’t win the fight or if Zen doesn’t use the last half a second or so to disengage that’s his problem.

Not double. Also I’d be 100% ok with Valkyrie with those numbers with 10s or even 8s of duration.

Their ults give a 50% boost.

1 Like

Didn’t blizzard change it so that no matter how much damage boost you stack, it is cap at 50%

That’s damage resistance.

ah, I got that mix up, my mistake.

You obviously never take into account that they are on ground level, constantly getting boop out of positions when they are ulting. Mercy has the freedom to move around to high ground or in the air to prevent getting push out of positions and still consistently heal her allies.

This is why Mercy’s biggest strength is her consistent healing over the course of the game.

Yeah Valkyrie is harder to counter.

That’s why this version of Valkyrie has 40% less healing than Coalescence and no AoE potential at all. That’s also part of why Trans and Coalescence also come with a movement speed buff. ALSO Coalescence is 30 meters long… if you are in range of any boop but Pharah’s you’re (probably) doing it wrong.

Also consistency doesn’t mean boo in this game. There’s a reason why Soldier got a buff last PTR.

Would a 150% effect make that any better?

That’s a hanzo one shot, body shot, through transcendence.

honestly, imo, the only reason why mercy got her heal nerf was because of console players having trouble with taking down Pharmercy :man_shrugging:

I can understand the reasoning, but I can’t really agree to it. Regardless of what I think, the devs have the final say in it.

They do, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t, or can’t try to influence them.

Depends on what it is. Like I don’t agree with bringing back Mass Rez =p

The no LoS required, or the invincibility frame when casting it was just too much.

What? How would this make her any more fun or interesting?

At that point it’s just press Q to be better (not that it isn’t now, but this certainly doesn’t help).