Can we please get an update on Reinhardt?

You mean getting completely smashed around the map and literally not being able to play the game isn’t fun? GEE WIZ

1 Like

It feels like the enemy controls your movement more than you do.

1 Like

I was playing Hammond yesterday and got straight charge from the Rein. Should of gotten pinned for it but I just got bounced into the air instead. Definitely that Rein player had to be really mad or so.

Yeah his charge is definitely one of the worst parts of his kit as far as buginess goes

2 Likes

Fragehardt, I think you sent me an invite for this thread. Wanted to thank you for that (I feel special now haha). I just got home about twenty minutes ago, sitting down to prepare for Dungeons and Dragons.

I wanted to say I think this is important. I like to think I’m a pretty patient person, as are many of the other posters here. But it has also been several months since we had recieved that information about fixing Rein (which was really appreciated). I think kt is fair to wonder how the changes are going right now, even if there’s not an exact answer I would like to know that this is still being worked on.

Playing Rein in comp is one of those unthankful jobs, and sometimes it’s really difficult to even appreciate yourself as you play him. And that’s due to the enormous amount of bugs and inconsistencies within his kit. It’s hard to tell whether that Stop sign is enough to stop your shatter or if the natural incline on the map is enough, or whether your own shield will stop shatter.

I think this effects more than just Rein, it effects everyone in a game when Rein is being played because you simply do not know what to expect with him, whether his kit will work or not.

Anyway. I need to get back to prepping for D&D. I’m DMing tonight cause the roommate is sick. I’ll tab back in later tonight, thanks again Frage.

3 Likes

It’s kind of sad that there are posts from devs about maps and game modes but not so much as a “we’re aware of these issues and are looking at them” in a thread that’s climbing to 700 posts. In that thread, we’ve expressed the same sentiment that Fragehardt is doubling-down on here:

We just want input :cry:

You’re welcome, buddy!

1 Like

it’s sad for sure that we can’t get just a simple, “yeah we’re working on it”.

Maybe there will be a dev update tomorrow, and Jeff might have some things to say about the state of Reinhardt.

what makes you think tomorrow specifically?

Well its because of what’s been going on in Overwatch. Summer Games 2018 is stale, more information about Torb rework, the state of Reinhardt, Bastion needs help, and what will happen after these things has been addressed.

The last dev update was on June 28th. Probably many people want some news about the state of Overwatch. So, I think a dev update might come tomorrow but I could be wrong.

I hope you’re right.

3 Likes

Ironically, finally done prepping the map, have monster info set in my phone and wrote down names for generic NPCs.

And everyone is late tonight. R.I.P.

Here’s hoping they bring up Rein again soon!

Oof. Ripperoni.

Here’s hoping!

1 Like

The answer and the result will always be the same. They’ll say “we’re working on it”, and when they do eventually make any changes, only a small handful the problems presented to and acknowledged by them will have actually been addressed.

We havent even gotten that in a very long time.

Sorry for being ignorant but what animation cancels were removed and why were they so important to Rein?

I’ve never really used animation cancels because my mains don’t really have any and the ones they do are terrible (I’m not taking my attention away from the battle to cut my reload by half a second).

See, I don’t understand where all the talks of bugs and him being essentially useless and an “unknown” when it comes to having him in a game. But I guess I’ve learned to play around the bugs and make everything (charge, firestrike, earthshatter) work extremely well. Oh well, I just don’t see any bugs with the character.

Anyways, Reinhardt is more of you need to know your angles to make things work. He’s very precise in that regard, especially in his charge. Can’t expect to pin someone if they aren’t directly in front of you, it’d be more like a clip and so they take some damage instead of being pinned and smashed in a wall.

Two things:

1. OP is a GM Rein main. I don’t think he needs a run-down on basic Rein gameplay :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. There’s a whole thread listing the different bugs that are causing issues, take a look:
1 Like

Being GM or not Rein main doesn’t matter in the slightest, because that doesn’t correspond to how you play with just one hero. I’m a Rein main at well that plays usually in the top 20% of all Reinhardt players. I’ve read about the bugs, I just don’t see them. Reinhardt’s presence is really all you need most of the time to bait out the enemy into using their abilities. All I’m saying is if there is something wrong with the character, it isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.