Can we please do something to effectively deal with players leaving a match

Nope and given it’s online it isn’t relevant. I end up on US or European servers depending on the time of day I play. To be clear, I never have to wait long for Tank or Support, just DPS. It why they’re making Open Queue a proper competitive mode along side 2:2:2.

Not saying they should redesign the game, just that 5v5 would be better than 6v5.

This seems…really exploitable. Like REALLY exploitable.

I am saying that it wouldn’t because they don’t balance the game around 5v5 or 6v5. Hence the match cancellations and penalties for leavers.

You have to look for reasons behind the lost 5v6 games. Of course in like high plat + one leaver is a lot more significant than lower. Then in ranks below are these games mostly lost because people are demoralized, lost hope and just they dont care anymore as it is 5v6 so it must be loss right?

Another reason is that many games which have rege quit leaver would be lost anyway since leaver left because team played terrible.

Not really in terms of winning. You can’t control when someone leaves the enemy team. As for losing I openly admitted that limits would need to be put in place in the next paragraph. Such as leaving within 30 seconds of a loss and/or the presence of certain conditions within a certain period of time, such as a team kill

The match is only cancelled if someone leaves very early and leaver’s penalties don’t stop rage quitters, disconnections and the real world demanding your attention.

I’m not claiming that it’ll be a wonderful situation, but it would be uniform and fair to both teams. Otherwise just hard cancel a match when ever someone leaves.

Simply being down one person for whatever reason means the enemy team will out preform you in that area by virtue of having double the output than you. Frankly your answer reeks of elitism and is unbelievable snobbish.

Good for you. :smile:

1 Like

Not really as i have won some 5v6. 6v5 doesnt mean they have double output. People in low rank do a lot of mistakes which can be punished so if you get one kill, its suddendly 5v5. But as i said some people dont want to try 5v6 often because they are quitters. I basicly had to convince to stay my team mates several times because they wanted to leave 5v6 game. Which we actualy won!

Where I am in comp right now, winning 5v6 isn’t uncommon, while when I want to “try-hard” I play Zarya, lots of leavers in my elo (I’m sure it’s the same across the board), timing bubbles right, with an equally aggressive tank/Doomfist/insert self reliant hero, you can push a full enemy team back to their spawn doors with 2 people, effectively winning 2v6.

While leavers absolutely set a team at a disadvantage, if you muster up some brain power, you can push through and win. I believe while stricter punishment would be nice, for the people that don’t intentionally leave it would be unfair.

On a side note, I should really capture some of my Zarya games so I can’t get some help/tips, for me working 50+ hours a week, and limited playtime, I could benefit from this and possibly climb back to plat lol

1 Like

My dude, I’m not taking about when one of my teammates die to a team more skilled than us. I talking about when with teams of comparable skills that are engaged in a match and for what ever reason, someone leaves. I know if you got in a match with a 6 stack at my sr you could handle it, but it’s fair to say neither team at this sr knows how to take advantage of those mistakes.

Also I’ll say it again, when someone leaves on console, over 90% of the time no one goes with them. For additional context, it is incredibly rare to find people speaking in solo que on console. Maybe it’s the same on PC but if it isn’t, just imagine how that effects everything you do in game.

1 Like

The solution to the leaver problem already exists in game in other modes - backfill.

With a few tweaks to have it fit with the Competitive format, backfill would completely resolve the problem of leavers and it would also help reduce queue times.

1 Like

If it can be effectively implemented I’m all for it. The main concerns the devs complain about is sr, but what I’m worried about is how long it will take to back fill.