Can we get a memorial to Stephen Hawking?

One the greatest minds of our age was lost today, who through his genius pushed the boundaries of science like only a few before him. So i am proposing that there is a little nod to hawking.

I think the easiest one to do is to name the telescope on Horizon to the Hawking telescope. nothing major just Hawkings last name somewhere on the telescope.

Hawking always looked towards the future thats why im proposing the telescope.

471 Likes

Bumping this. Lovely idea!

64 Likes

give symmetra hawking skin…or doomfist

14 Likes

That would be a beautiful tribute.

14 Likes

or widow :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

This is an amazing idea and an awesome tribute to an amazing person.

30 Likes

Yep, this is awesome. Giving this a bump

5 Likes

Wtf Hawking died?!

How did I not see this anywhere? This sucks.

13 Likes

Yeah he died today at 76, it’s all over the news

5 Likes

Love the idea on this one!

1 Like

i second that idea!

(20 chrct)

3 Likes

I like the idea :slight_smile: Nothing too out there, and Lunar Colony works well or something with Winston

8 Likes

Jus as any others are dying in every secound.
Yes he was a huge brain, but that doesn’t mean we should feel more sad about his death than any other persons death (except if that person is a killer :D)

11 Likes

Personally i dont think theres a reason since no connection to the game, but seeing as his work is mostly about black holes and gravity a tiny hawk on one of zarya’s guns could be a neat way to do it

31 Likes

They should make a clip about Zarya doing something I guess.

You know… black holes.

11 Likes

This would be a lovely idea. They have brought up Turing before, so why not Hawking? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are a lot of people who done as much as him or even more than him, yet they get no mention in OW. Why? Because they have no connection to game.

Just cause Hawking died recently doesn’t means he should get memorial in game he has no connection to.

20 Likes

Good idea. I support this.

1 Like

Great minds should always get special mention.

I also never said he should be in the game.

I swear, this is a recurring thing on these forums. People putting words in my mouth…

11 Likes

Stephen Hawking was a physicist, and this is a game all about the progression of humanity through science. Zarya even creates black holes, one of his most prominent lines of study. How wouldn’t he fit?

26 Likes