Can We Get a BATTLEPASS

It’d be really cool to get a battle pass and included with that was ranked mode and some skins and sprays and voice lines, all that stuff, challenges too but real ones like getting a kill as McCree with his ult or smth? You could have a battlepass+ for OWL access and all that good stuff, discounts on blizzard store for team merch etc

6 Likes

Okay, yeah, but i got one question…

Y THO?

30 Likes

No, dear heavens no. I paid for the game already, and I’m also paying for my internet connection AND the PS4 network thingy on top of that.

The last thing I need is one more monthly / whatever payment in order to play something that I already paid for two years ago

48 Likes

A battle pass is good for free to play games (specifically battle royales), not paid ones.

Why pay more when you already bought Overwatch?

15 Likes

Automatic no. Paying for ranked in an already paid for game is silly.

21 Likes

What if ow becomes free to play?

1 Like

lmao xD what if the sun was a cube?

3 Likes

People who paid for it get screwed over
Rank will get a hard hit

So we can give Blizzard more money,
OP is really one of Jeff’s alt accounts.

See how it is cleverly named Alt1? It’s actually number 17 unless I missed some.

3 Likes

Thats why it makes sense,to play ranked you have to pay.
The game is a few years old…cheaters,trolls etc are a bigger problem then people that feel cheated because they bought the game 2 years ago imo.

Have you seen how the OW community reacts to exclusive cosmetics or cosmetics that are locked behind paywalls? There will be a riot on the forums if battlepasses for OW are announced

1 Like

Splitting a established playerbase is never good.
We should take a step back from MTX, they are cancer and it’s spreading.
How OW handles lootboxes is fine, but a battlepass will end up making people who don’t own a battlepass, player second class

1 Like

The current event system already feels like too much of a battlepass to me and I hate it.

Depending on whether various governments crack down on lootboxes,
Battle Passes may very well be a future we’d
have to prepare for.

no thanks. im buying lootboxes and skins already. im good.

2 Likes

Why would you want a battle pass. Battle passes are like the worst thing that has ever come to games.

11 Likes

That’s a business model more appropriate for F2P games like Dota 2, not Overwatch.

1 Like

It’s Activision dude, they don’t care about that- only $$$.
Black Ops 4 has a battle pass on top of all the other forms of payments.

Not if they’re smart and do it right

My idea:
Free to play but arcade only.

Your level is locked to 1 until you buy the game, then you can level up, this way you don’t have people that have played arcade only to 25 in your comp games.

possibly add compensation in like 5-10 lootboxes when you buy the game, but i feel like demo-ing the game is compensation enough.

people aren’t gonna smurf in arcade lol, especially with garbage like low gravity, total mayhem, etc. and then when people buy the game they can get the full experience.

sounds fair to me

1 Like

I hope we never get battlepass
It just measn more “only pay to get” customisation items
I know now people like to throw cash away like that, but im myself would rather not do that.

5 Likes