Can we Buff Zen Now?

Oh right cuz your interpretation of what is healthy for this game is objective, has no bias and is 100% correct beyond a reasonable doubt. Is that what you are saying?

There are a surprisingly large amount of things in the game I’ve suggested, and most of them are widely received as very positive changes.

So I think I got a pretty decent idea on things.

But even if my opinion on implementation isn’t right, I’ve spent probably more time than anybody in the entire Overwatch community on figuring out how to dismantle the synergy of DoubleBarrier.

And yeah, aside from weird restrictions like “1 Barrier per team” or “DoubleBarrier has this debuff” there really isn’t anything that would allow for multiple strong barriers, but also discourage double barrier.

Besides making barriertanks vulnerable to the only range barriers can’t block. Close range.

By who, your forum pals? Who are they? Why should I care about them? More importantly why do you think they are the majority? There is a giant 30k post thread by Titanium about Mercy that doesn’t change anything.

No you don’t, making random suggestions which you spam all over the forums that many people just don’t bother replying to and some liking it doesn’t give you any greater depth of knowledge than anybody else. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Based on what? Show me the exact hours and the research you have and the data you’ve pulled and how it stacks up against others.

Your entire argument here is “I know more than you because I think I do and therefore if you disagree with me you’re wrong”. Ok dude, cuz that sounds healthy. Dial back on the god complex

Well that’s a decent example. I was pretty much the only person on the forums/reddit suggesting 50hps on the basis on her healing per round per skill tier.

With the help of a bunch of charts

And guess what, they did 50hps, with that exact justification.

They’ve never justified Mercys 50hps nerf with skill tier requirements and also that change dumpstered her for 2 years so even if that was the reason which is completely unlikely, I wouldn’t be tooting my horn over that. You’re literally trying to argue from a place of authority on the matter when you have none to speak of. What you want countered and how you want the game balanced matters not to me and certainly not to devs. Your whole point hinges on me acknowledging your objectivity and being right to prove that you are right, that’s not how it works buddy.

Well, aside from 6 months worth of design concept posts related to dismantling doublebarrier.

And a truckload of design experience.

Tanks and what do we do? - #16 by GreyFalcon-11737

Why do you think this gives you any clout? Explain to me what goes through your head in this moment and really think about it. . Do you not realise that you are trying to say that your arguments are valid because you say so?

“Zen should discord through barriers, this is a conclusion I came up with after thinking about it, I don’t think anybody has thought more about it, I don’t like what others have suggested to dismantle double barrier and I am right cuz I thought about it.”

You are not making the game healthier, because the health of the game is as subjective as whats the prettiest colour. You’re starting off by deeming double barrier unhealthy which you have no objective way to prove, then based on that subjective train of though you continue to go down the path of subjectively deciding which possible solutions are not valid and come to a subjective conclusion based on it that this is the objective way to fight it and bring about a meta that you subjectively think is objectively better.

You have absolutely no clout and no authority over the matter, certainly not because you just think you do

Oh god the nostalgia. One of the best and simultaneously worst comps in the history of the game.

So are we buffing zen?

1 Like

Basically you act like your opinion means anything on the subject.

When your entire argument boils down to “it’s bad because it’s a euphemism for bad”.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong, maybe shooting blue rectangles for the majority of the match is thrilling gameplay. And we need people like you to show that.

Oh I’m sorry. Am I supposed to agree with you that what you personally find more appealing gameplay is the more appealing gameplay and more importantly the changes that you want to make to bring about that gameplay are the correct changes? Dear me how wrong of me to think otherwise.

Buff his healing by 10/sec and let him discord targets through barriers.

Done.

And if they have a mercy then that player does 60% extra hahahahaha

Yeah, I like the survivability buffs, it’s his worst area other than mobility.
Imo, a passive 5/s health regen with no damage delay or anything.
He’s the only healer who can’t heal himself to full from 1.
Or, reduce his shield delay to 1, like mercy’s.
I always found it weird that mercy can heal 1 second after no damage despite having the mobility. To escape, while zen doesn’t.
Shrinking his hitbox would be good, too.

2 Likes

Discord is terrifying with coordination. Higher ranks use it as a form of focusing.

That’s the idea. To replace DoubleBarrier meta, with a Dive meta.

While having a “Pick one of the three anchor tanks” + “Some other tank” strategy for Platinum through Quickplay.

You literally mention DPS powercreep exists, and your only solution you can think of is buffing Zen… instead of fighting the DPS powecreep?

werk.

True, it could certainly put a dent into double barrier, but it could also ruin other metas.

The thing about this is, damage IS his survivability. Orb of discord targets focusing you and tell your team and they should back off, but because zen has a massive hitbox and is easily destroyed by flankers, he’s bad.

1 Like

Power creep with DPS occured because tanks were multiple times the survivability, with only about 30% less damage output. Proportionally, DPS should just be scaled up to compensate for how squishy they are relative to their slightly higher damage output.