Can we buff Bastion plz?

Bastion does 525 DPS. He shoots 35 rounds per second and each bullet does 15 damage max.

Nope. 30 bullets per second, the wiki is wrong… the other wiki is right though. I don’t remember which one, but the one that says 30 is right… I’ve tested it with macros that hold the shoot button for 1 second

This is from the gamepedia, where his rounds per second should be 30, so his DPS is 450.

Even so, it’s a LUDICROUS amount of damage.

Bastion is only weak when parked in sentry mode. In recon he has the same damage as soldier, far less spread and greater healing potential. Move people!

IF every bullet hits, which only happens when point blank. I’ve made a post about his average DPS here.

1 Like

Wasted by falloff and spread. It’s only ever effective at close range, and it doesn’t justify a character being fine as is because they deal massive amounts of damage.

Do note that as a Bastion, you’re shooting at MOVING targets, and those targets can be small enough for your bullets to go around them even if you’re aiming at them.

But he can’t shoot while healing, he’s slower, he’s bigger, he doesn’t get Ironclad in Recon, he doesn’t have burst damage like Soldier, he doesn’t have the same mobility options as Soldier, and get actually does a fair bit less DPS than Soldier, especially with Soldier’s recent buff…

I agree that Recon should be used more, but his kit should still revolve around Sentry, or else he’s just a knock-off Soldier

2 Likes

I still find it much easier to counter Phara with sentry Bastion then Soldier. That lack of spread is a fearsome thing. Sure, positioning has to be better to make up for the lack of mobility. If you can play primarily in recon and pick moments of opportunity to sentry, Bastion is a fearsome thing. Also, he melts shields far better then Soldier every will, giving him the leg up in most fights in my opinion. Just park out of spawn door, melt shields. Easy 1st cap with a little support.

Sentry has the opposite of a lack of spread…? It has one of the worst spreads in the game…

Yes, he kills shields quickly, but soldier does it much more safely. He can hide behind map cover, whereas Bastion can’t (in Sentry mode). Plus, Soldier is much better at killing what’s behind the shield, which is much more important to winning a teamfight…

1 Like

Soldier is useless against shields. Pretty much every GM guide on Soldier says he’s wasted shooting shields. Bastion out of spawn only has to walk like 50’ even if he gets picked. With a good position and narrow lines of site, he’s devastating on attack on any first point of any 2CP.

You’re not accounting for the enemy team paying attention to you, and how easy he can be shut down or disrupted by a pretty large margin of heroes.

A Bastion is a number one target to take down because of his DPS and how easy it is to close the distance between you and him or to pick him off at a range like most heroes are capable of doing.

But if you have a narrow line of sight, then you aren’t hitting the shield, because you’re hitting whatever is blocking most of your line of sight.

Soldier isn’t great at breaking shields, but he does it more safely than Bastion. Plus, you can just bring along a Junkrat or Spamzo for shields, they’re much better at killing what’s behind the shield than Bastion too…

1 Like

I’d be fine if they got rid of Recon Mode and Bastion’s config tank ultimate, replacing Recon Mode with a big AOE cannon ball that does not have slash damage fall-off but does pretty low damage, and then give Bastion some other transformation for his ultimate.

I wouldn’t because there would be absolutely no need to go to the extremes to change Bastion’s core like that. You may as well make another hero if you want to go that route, what purpose would it even have in the game to begin with.

1 Like

How would he walk?

And he doesn’t need such a drastic change. His kit is fine other than being encouraged to stay in Sentry too long… if they do something like remove the passive damage resist, and either allow Ironclad to overheal Bastion with armor when at full health (using self-repair), or make self-repair apply Ironclad’s damage resist in all forms, he’d be in a much better spot… (and buff/revert Sentry in both of those)

1 Like

Also, they should reduce Bastion’s potential damage and in-turn, decrease his spread so he is more accurate.

I’m fine with that… I’ve suggested reducing his damage to 12, adding headshots back, and adding a 1.25x multiplier to barriers (to keep him at 450 against them). That also comes with either a spread revert, or copy/parting Hammond’s spread (which is pretty close to what his old spread was, but slightly different)

I’d like to test him without it, but if they really want to reduce his damage output, this is a better way of doing it than the spread increase/headshot removal they gave him…

People say torbjorn and symmetra are niche but the truth is they’re just underpowered and so is bastion, a hero with the lowest win rate in the game while simultaneously having the lowest pick rate in the game should not be called niche.

I’d say actually niche characters would be pharah or orisa.

It’s true that reaper should be looked at and it would probably be easier to start there but if they always do the easy things then the hard things would never get done, i think 2 years has been plenty of wait time and at least the devs acknowledge reaper’s existence but they have not mentioned bastion in any forum post or any interview within all this time that he’s been this weak.

1 Like

The reason I want him to not do so much damage is because of how fast he can shred barriers. Going 4 DPS and shooting from long range/flanking or going 4 tanks and rushing him down is the best way to play against him and it’s just not a great thing to have something like this be the case.