Can they please enable text chat on consoles -_-

God this has to be the simplest thing to put in.
I see a lot of PC players have obtained doomfist trophy when in a game that their team left so they just asked the enemy for help.

I never play dps so most of my team mates are matched to people throwing games to quickly get priority passes anyway so please its selfish yes but I just want to ask for 1 game Doom 1 Bap i can say hey my team left can you help me get a trophy?

Then I can delete this game forever!

Mic is for consoles.

1. You …REALLY REALLY don’t want it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a positive experience with text chat in the 5 years I’ve played.

2. So if they put it in you’ll do one thing and then never play again? … Sounds against their interests.

4 Likes

Consoles dont have keyboards, so it would not make sense to add text chat to consoles

What are you talking about? My interests is in getting the trophies. I cant mic the enemy team and ask for it.

I want Doomfists and Baps luck based stupid trophies so I can delete it. I just need those 2…

Teammate sits in spawn frantically typing during first defense causing us to lose first point of 2CP

Report Sombra for throwing. She won’t swap!!!

Yeah, I’ll take a pass on text chat.

2 Likes

Other games have text chat…and you can plug a keyboard into the game.

Actually this game is missing a lot of things other games are.

the keyboard is an optional accessory not included with the console

as such, it makes no sense to add keyboard-based elements like text chat to the game

it sounds like you’d prefer to play these “other games”

I hope you join us playing this game regardless of that issue

and blizzards interest is in keeping you playing as long as possible. So… if they give you this tool to … basically boost your way into the achievements (btw… I’m not a cop or anything but this is against everything achievements were made for) , you’d never play again… something they don’t want.

They do that anyway with or without.

So you want LESS features. Got it

Wow Reading posts and comments no wonder the games in this state. Between the balance team already mind boggled the players make things worse by being actually cool with having features stripped and bare minimum design

1 Like

That’s ridiculous. The game console doesn’t come with a TV or a speaker system either. Tons of PCs don’t come with a keyboard or mouse either.

You can’t mic to the opposing team

The speakers are optional as well, and I dont see how speakers are involved in a discussion about a text chat system in any case

It is now and always has been 100% understood since game consoles were something one could buy - thats about a half century at this point - that a TV was necessary as an output device

as such, I dont believe my statement was ridiculous at all

this topic is about consoles, not PCs

I vote no thanks. As cool as it would be, it would just be an unnecessary distraction. It takes too long to actually write anything of use on console and it would only end up being used as an outlet for toxic players to sit around and type nasty things about their team.

I know that you can plug a keyboard into consoles but not all players have access to one.

Why would anyone want that? From what I can tell it’s used half the time to verbally abuse people.

As for achievements I once got a message on psn from an enemy player who wanted help (QP naturally) and I and some other allowed him to get his kills. So you could try that too if you ask nicely.

For what? I even turned off PS chat so that toxic idiots wouldn’t text me lol

What’s the use of getting an achievement by just asking for it.

The whole point of getting one is because it’s an achievement, it’s literally in the name.

yes i agree with you
why no text chat on console??
and why no FOV slider??
i really don’t understand
console players are part of OW playerbase why they don’t get simple option??
i remember when i was playing on PS4 i forced to go to my team mate PS profile and send them private message

Trust me you don’t want text chat it’ll just make the game more toxic and stressful

1 Like

Someone used text chat before on Xbox One, though I’m not sure how he did it. I also once enabled the text chat once in game though I’m also unsure how that happened and excited out of it because it was in the way.