Can Pink Mercy get pink healing beams?

The new skin for mercy is not only one of the best skins in game, but it also supports a great cause. Her blaster fires pink projectiles, and her staff has pink energy, but the beam is still yellow. Can it be changed to pink, to keep with some visual consistency on the skin?

54 Likes

Her fortune highlight intro changes the color to pink. I donā€™t see why not.

11 Likes

I want her healing to be pink and her damage boost to be purple

35 Likes

Her healing beam and buff beam need to be the colors they are because theyā€™re indication to the enemy team what sheā€™s doing.

16 Likes

I think itā€™s great, but they should have given every hero a pink skin for the cause. They would sell way more.

2 Likes

Maybe. Although Iā€™ll still say Iā€™m happy itā€™s only Mercy who got it. Makes her feel more special after her change and all.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t need to be visible to enemies. In fact, I completely agree that to enemies it shouldnā€™t change, but in first person and to allies, it doesnā€™t matter, as mercyā€™s healing beam is not something that allies usually need to focus on watching.

8 Likes

they didnā€™t do it with the owl skins, I doubt they will do it here

Its about quick ref though, bullets coming at you are bullets, they dont matter. But if you see a pink healing beam youve gotta be like ā€œis that healing or poweringā€ for a split second which breaks the visual consistency. That said its feasible to have the standard colours for the enemy team, however, that was asked for something before and Blizz never did it so I honestly wouldnt expect it to happen.

Least its not pink and redā€¦

They could at least let the user see the different beam in first person. Literally impossible to get confused.

3 Likes

We also have to consider people who are color-blind because it would hardly be fair to them.

Valkyrie is pink for teammate and red for enemies. They donā€™t have problem to show one color to enemies and one color to the teammates

That would be nice, Jelly would love itšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

I support this idea, should be just a quick tuning in the code.

Itā€™s my favorite forum sandwich! :open_mouth:

Iā€™m not against the pink beam but there are issues that we have to admit would be problematic.

1 Like

Pink healing beams would be cute, sure why not!

That is true, and hey, good too see you KingofGorešŸ˜‚

1 Like

Hi Iā€™ve bought a skin for 15$ now I want it to be the most special skin in the game.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the skin with the most effects. Thatā€™s amazing how supportive they are. And her ressurect and Valkyrie has new sound effects too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel like this might mess with some people determining what ability it is if they donā€™t get a clear look at it, resulting in great confusion, but Iā€™d love to see something like this. Iā€™m certain that more people would purchase the skin just because of this (I know I would).