Can Overwatch Archives become a permanent lore Mode?

Give us stronger reasoning as to why this isnt permanent. If other modes like ctf and 3v3 etc are permanent then there is no reason not to have this

3 Likes

How long does Blizzard expect Overwatch to last, 10 years? 9 ā€œopportunitiesā€ to play PVE mode? Are you kidding me?

4 Likes

I disagree. It gets tedious playing the same objective over and over. And I dont want the plot to die for me. If they do this, it should just be a vanilla PvE game mode.

Iā€™m not saying you should play It over and over. Blizzard isnā€™t asking you to play over and over. Iā€™m just saying It would just be there If you want to play It.

2 Likes

I do want a permanent pve mode like junkensteinā€™s revenge or archives. Jeff did say it himself it is a good way to practice a hero you are otherwise terrible with.

3 Likes

exactly! if CTF stays the entire year why not this?

1 Like

This. The game needs it. i know so many people pushed away from this game from the balance and preference to the same 8 meta heroes. I know many who would come back for PVE since you can actually enjoy the game

2 Likes

I would love this. Once a year we get a new lore mission with costumes, comics, etc. but we can still play the old ones year round. It would be perfect!

2 Likes

Blizzards Response:

No

Thank you come again!

Love Blizzard <3

Every 2 months or so they could change locations and lore

I think itā€™s obvious that one of the best things they could do to improve the game is to make the PVE mode permanent and periodically add new missions to it (one per 6 months would be tolerable). It probably wonā€™t happen though because then how would they drive lootbox purchases?

3 Likes

Lower exp per PvE mission might work.

AHEM vs AI AHEM

I think itā€™s a great idea.
Yes please

1 Like

Gotta admit Iā€™m going to be pretty disillusioned with this game if they donā€™t allow for access to the PvE modes permanently after this. Less than one month out of the year to be able to play it isā€¦ pretty damn silly.

Blizzard, Jeff, I donā€™t care at all about your desire for Uprising (or Retribution) to be ā€œspecial.ā€ Youā€™ve had an entire year to implement them as permanent content as you know that your audience wants. Iā€™m not going to wait another year.

8 Likes

At the very least it should be available for Custom Games. I donā€™t see why they couldnā€™t do that, even if they disable the ability to change things like a normal custom match (like, just let us choose Easy/Normal/Hard/etc and thatā€™s it).

I do see why they have them season locked, though. The modes are fun. Like, really fun. But are they play any time fun or fun enough to take up an Arcade Slot or have their own year-round slot? Thatā€™s up for debate, but Iā€™m guessing no theyā€™re not. Usually by the end of the PvE event season it takes quite a while to queue up for the PvE-type events. So that in itself says people get bored of it and burned out from the same PvE mode. And having an additional queue means more people waiting and less people playing overall (thatā€™s why Arcade only features 5-ish things and not every single mode, otherwise weā€™d be waiting forever for full teams lol).

Again, at the very least it should be available via Custom Games. So while theyā€™re not a mode that shovels out EXP like the normal PvE events during their season, theyā€™re still there to play. And also to unlock the sprays.

3 Likes

Because good goys wouldnā€™t be buying tons of lootboxes every year.

This tbh.
If you want to play Overwatch PvE, youā€™ll have to buy the Destiny-like game currently under development.
You heard it here first.

1 Like

mmmmmmmm PvE!
Yes please!

2 Likes

I really, really want this.
I mean of all event game modes for them to have kept, why did it have to be CTF.

2 Likes