Can Overwatch Archives become a permanent lore Mode?

Of course if they release a new Archive mission each year, that’s a good bit of hype. Especially if it includes a new map.

7 Likes

It would make sense to have a sort of campaign mode to add a whole new element to the game, it would certainly bring back a huge crowd of people who left because PvP is toxic AF

8 Likes

I would love it if the lore PVE brawls became available year round. Junkenstein, I get why that is not available year round but in a game where they’ve done a really poor job of having lore content in the actual game (almost all lore we know about has been through videos and comics), it would be nice to have content directly related to lore available at any time. It would be good for those of us that have been around for most of the game’s existence as well as those just getting the game.

As I said to a friend in the game the other day, I wouldn’t only play that mode since I do play vs ai and comp but having another mode to put into a daily rotation of sorts would be nice and rather refreshing instead of trying to get as many hours over a limited time into the mode since I know it’ll disappear afterward.

4 Likes

I’d love to have it so much as something permanent. Would be great to change from playing PvP to PvE whenever we wanted.

2 Likes

I think leaving it permanently will revitalize the game and even clear of toxicity, i can go play with people there whenever i feel i just want to practice my hero without people yelling at me.

4 Likes

I really hope they do, the game needs it…

3 Likes

Jeff already talked about it, but for them it will be a new game to develop.

BUT

They could also sell DLC content with Archives missions… I would totally put 20€ on it, in order to play them when I want…

3 Likes

Please make Uprising permanent, and then this mission permanent, for the next year …

4 Likes

I could settle with that :slight_smile: at least we’d have something. Could also act similar to the PTR, release Uprising for example, take it away and improve/update it and then release it permanently the next year :smiley:

If i was to pay for this sh!t i’d expect a lot of missions TBH, but it’d be nice to fill the back story, i love a good bit of lore

I would never go near any other online mode in the game ever again if pve ever became perma.

I was just about to make a topic suggesting the same thing.

It makes sense, every year we would get an added story but we can keep the ones we have throughout the year. It’s the closest thing to a story mode we can get for now

1 Like

Keep them in the game. Both entries so far, think about the people who are new to Overwatch everyday who grow to love the game and only want to learn more about the game. Its a great way for new players to practice the game as well as learn about the history. I understand limited events get a lot of players at once but then they leave (maybe)

1 Like

It would be pretty fun to have a PvE mode that’s Overwatch’s equivalent to SCII’s Co-op mode: independent missions for small groups of players. Blackwatch Retribution seems to be going in the right direction with enemy composition changing based on Hero choices. Just all-year round.

2 Likes

Agreed. One of the big things that brought a lot of non traditional FPS players into the game was the characters. A permanent lore based PVE mode that gets updated with a new mission once a year makes sense.

3 Likes

Even with more lore coming out maybe even every 6 months. Consistent lore can only help the game.

1 Like

I don’t see the problem with this at all, I agree on keeping the skins locked until next event but allow players to have access to the PVE mode in the custom game.

I really missed playing the PVE mode from last year and it was a lot of fun when you went to the all heroes and pick characters like D.Va, McCree, Sombra Etc.

And having bots that actually attack you and move around (Since your aim isn’t moving that much in the training range besides the bots that do move)
You need to capture the point and keep the payload safe.

I think this is a great idea and even though blizzard might not do this it was a good thought!

5 Likes

Definitely. Seeing a cosmetically tweaked map like Kings Row at the 6 month point and then a totally new map at the Uprising/Archive event could be amazing. I wouldn’t even mind the Uprising cosmetics only being available at the event time to keep it special.

3 Likes

This is a great idea that the majority of the community would be glad to see. Too bad this suggestion is on the Overwatch forums where it will never see the light of day.

The best way to get this idea out there would to get a few of the bigger streamers on board. Dev team might notice then.

Yes please. I want something other than PvP to earn weekly loot boxes and experience with.

3 Likes