Can Overwatch Archives become a permanent lore Mode?

I know no one from the Overwatch team will read this, but It could work.

Archives will be the only event to change every year (New Name,New comic, New Lore, New area, or Reused area, but changed). We get to keep both Uprising and Retribution PvE mode without the Event. The event isn’t the pve, but the Skins and emote etc Itself. The Items will lock like always after the event. Also It would be a great place to practice unlike the training range. You could make a tab under “Overwatch League” called “Overwatch Archives”.

Edit: Example: https://imgur.com/a/OFMdW by Valkaveri (Reddit)

125 Likes

I reckon it should have its own section next to qp and the others. A permanent PvE mode would do wonders for this game.

56 Likes

No fun allowed.

(characters)

25 Likes

The real event would be the reveal of a new mission every year? I’m down.
And I agree that PvE is a better way of practice than the training range or vs bots

29 Likes

Why Isn’t This In The Game Yet?

Literally, Pretty much the entire playerbase wants this.

45 Likes

Agreed, we need this

8 Likes

i really really wouldnt mind a permanent, holiday only, mode.

Like Mei’s snowball fight. That was pretty fun tbh. Make it an option on the option bar that is changed out weekly.

2 Likes

Please. I’d cry with joy if they added a permanent PvE mode. They’ve already made them- all they need to do is add them in

16 Likes

Yes we need this : it would allow to chill à little but with 4 stacks player…

3 Likes

I am actually working on a concept on how to make this mode permanent, so ya! ;D

i think it should be a monthly/every few months thing.

I agree. In a perfect world, the lore-related cosmetics would be rewards for playing the PvE mode, but I understand that making cosmetic items limited time only is part of the revenue plan, so that’s not happening. Making only the cosmetic items limited and making the mode itself permanent is the second best thing.

1 Like

Uprising got repetitive for me but after about a week of it gone I missed playing it. Jeff did say that it got repetitive however this time we have a dynamic arcade that changes daily/weekly and this should help defeat that fatigue.

1 Like

wow I thought that this part

was written by the devs or the mods and I got super excited… until I realised that it’s you :frowning:

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone would complain

15 Likes

if only they would have kept PVE modes in the game, like how people BEGGED them to. But i suppose 40 days per year is all we’ll get.

4 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the next PVE events. The least toxic game mode in Overwatch.

13 Likes

I 100% support this.

5 Likes

Please, having this would really make the game super replayable. I’d love to chill after a insane comp match and just play some PvE. I think some PvE missions should stay event only, such as Junkenstiens Revenge, but Overwatch archive missions should 100% stay permanent, there is no reason for it not to.

6 Likes

This would be awesome! It would fill the lack of campaign in OW and give you chill missions to do with your friends. I hope blizzard sees this!

I guess the problem would be that Blizzard would significantly lose money come event time, since a lot of people only come for events.

5 Likes