Can junkrat please get a buff

I mean, he was amongst the last fun heroes in the game and now he got threown to dirt because low tiers couldn’t organize themselves to deal with him. Only the tier needed work, the rest was near perfect.

21 Likes

everyone from bronze to gm complained about him
stats showed he was op
there is no excuse for him he needed changes and he got them
i wish they gave him self harm instead of projectile nerf but whatever

17 Likes

Well, it’s like
Oh (in theory) McCree had 100 damage from left click
Everyone from bronze to gm complained about him, blah blah
so there is no excuse for him. He needed nerf to 5 damage from left click and he got him.

1 Like

Yep. He is inconsistent AF.
If you shoot at moving enemy with non-tank hitbox, you miss a lot of shots because of how slow and small his bombs are.

8 Likes

and thus u gotta be good at aiming
but then better play hanzo
moral of the story
low skill = low reward

1 Like

low reward = poor balance
hero should not be useless because he’s “low skilled”
Actually, hanzo is much easier than junk now because his arrow are actually faster than heroes and storm arrows and mobility

16 Likes

junk has more mobility
bigger projectiles
a better ult
but is overall easier to use
heros with low skill floors should have less rewards then heros with high ones, or else why would anyone pick up a high skill hero in a competitive mindset?
junk is fine for me
i use him and get all the value i need
the only buff i want is the ability to throw his trap

1 Like

you’re saying junk requires less skill than the current hanzo? Demn dude

9 Likes

Self harm led him being completely and totally screwed when the enemy team would dive him. You could not fight back because you would help them kill you faster. It had him being stuck in the unreliable area of being ineffective at long range, sort of okay at medium range, and suicidal at close range. They said as much in the update that changed it.

As for changes to the Ratboi, I would like mine to be more like a boop. As it is currently, regardless of its relative elevation to the target, the mine will always knock the target up. It is the only knockback to act like that.

Additionally trap root for 4 sec, should do no damage on closing, but if you try to move do 50-100 damage per second, allow knockback, and if you are removed from trap before release then you are instagibed. For an ability that is on a relatively long CD and relies on an enemy stepping on it it should actually do something.

Multiple edits:wow I need sleep.

6 Likes

i was told he was a necessary evil to zone tanks and choke points
i dont see where it stops him from doing his job it just decreases his skill foor

then get good and use your arsenal better

no thank you
leave it as it is, just let him throw it and it will become just more reliable

it’s a free kill

maybe because he can provide something that low-skill hero can’t???
Brig provides armor and crowd control
Zen - discord, damage and save ult

Or Rein provides mobile shield and huge engage ult
While orisa provides protection and help her team stay in one position immovable.

Heroes should have their different niche, different abilities and effects so you don’t pick “better damage,better heal” etc

3 Likes

Take a look at my hours, I play the Rat quite a bit. I had to play with him prior to the buff removing self damage. It was impossible to really make an impact on the game because the enemy team could ignore the area I would shell, flank me, removing what little range advantage I had and kill me and I could do very little other than try to jump away with mine(which I got very good at).

As for trap, at this point in the life of the game, if you end up in it and you knew the enemy team had a Junkrat; you are the one that messed up. There aren’t many places I can put my trap that get even noobs consistently anymore. People know to check for it. As for the guaranteed kill part, it is not a silence, it is a root. It is far from a guaranteed kill because you can and should fight back. The trap/mine combo is only really used at the start of a game, fishing for a support at best, getting an over-confidant DPS 99 times out of 100.

3 Likes

Buff his mine to 300 damage and give him three mines. Also make his jump farther and make it so his bombs do more radius damage in a room. I think his ult should have a larger radius and charge much faster than it does.

and thus you have your answer

The pros complaints was how fast he got his tires, and perhaps the speed of its movement. That’s their complaint but that’s about it, the mine nerf solved that. The primary nerf is dumb and unnecessary, not to mention Blizz should focus on buffing for the top instead of the lower tiers.

Stats showed he was, at most, top 5, and was still relegated to the side as Tracer/Genji/McCree/Soldier is considered to the more consistent option at GM during his apex. Even the OWL showed that Junkrat was utilized only on specific routes or maps.

He got the wrong, and the worst changes that severely diminish his usefulness. Wanting the self-damage back is dump barring Junkrat gets a major rework and change to his toolkit to make him stronger at mid-range.

7 Likes

Agreed, before junkyard was somewhat scary for flankers.

1 Like

Lets look at Junkrat first ok?

Short range, good
Mid range, Inconsistent
Long range, non existent

we add self harm (which is stupid)

Short range, suicidal
Medium range, inconsistent
Long range, non existent

See now the problem?

8 Likes

u forgot choke points and big trgets = amazing
u forgot his trap play style
u forgot his mobility
his oneshot combos

1 Like

Junkrat’s one shot combo is the fairest in the game. It is on an 8 sec cool down and requires the forfeit of his mobility. It also uses the two SLOWEST projectiles in the game. If a player is hitting that combo constantly then they are literal predictive engines. The average primary fire accuracy is 24%. That means there is only really 1 in 4 chances every 8 sec to even attempt it as well.

4 Likes

say that to mccree’s flashbang headshot

1 Like