Can i not have to pick Mei to counter Mei pls?

As well id increase her damage to 60 but also increase the cast time of her ult to 1 second. It’s not bad balancing cause she’s so crazy OP right now, she’d still be viable

So, where are the pick and win rates to back that up?

THAT is the issue with people calling her OP. OP looks VERY different than this.

Hanzo LOOKS op, Mei doesn’t, Mei looks like a standard meta DPS right now.

4 Likes

Sombra is her own can of worms.

1 Like

No doubt, but, what they did with her is NOT a thing to be applied to other heroes.

Blizzard should be ashamed of what happened with Sombra.

2 Likes

Play RANGE. She honestly isnt that hard to counter. Hell pharah does it well enough.

1 Like

There is already a thread about this, learn to use the search function.

2 Likes
  1. This game was based on counter picking.

2. By counter picking you are forcing enemies to swap OFF their favorite heroes as well… if they even have any.

3. Mei is not the greatest counterpick for Mei. She is weak against spiky damage and range, which she herself isn’t great at.

3 Likes

It’s not a question of the lesser evil.

But if I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’ll take making 1/16 DPS irrelevant instead of multiple others.

1 Like

When the gun change, and wall change can remove the problems, AND keep her relevant, I think making her dumpstered is a bad plan.

It isn’t like we don’t have a solution.

Well, I’m not short on ideas either, but dumbstering anything isn’t my goal indeed.

But harsh nerfs with no compromises or compensations are in order.

1 Like

Since she isn’t an outlier in ANY stats at all, how about “no”. That IS just dumpstering a hero.

She isn’t even the strongest DPS, and you look at dumpstering them…

If you think SHE needs

Then 1/2 the DPS line up would also need them.

She isnt weak at making enemy tanks not play the game which is what i do best as her. I only pick her so i annoy enemy mei/tanks till she swaps off mei.

1 Like

hanzo looks like dps, mei looks like cancer off tank into dps slot

5 Likes

Then put her in the tank lineup. It will also reduce DPS queue times as the main follow her.

1 Like

you cant imagine how this might improove this game, this will finally remove goats playstyle based on op cooldowns synergy.

1 Like

You don’t pick Mei to counter Mei. Any ranged DPS basically counters her. You pick Mei because in the current meta it’s detrimental to have a hero that prevents opponents from hugging your teammates to death. Mei just happens to be the perfect hero to stop that from happening. There are other deathball punishing heroes who are also good at this, but they’re heroes like Junk, Sym and Pharah who are all F-tier due to the devs intentionally keeping them off high tier viability because for some absurd reason they balance them around low tiers

Oh totally. I think she should have been moved to Tank a LONG time ago.

She is literally played for wall. Double shield + wall is the best way to protect your team right now. Nerfing freeze won’t change the meta.

As someone who’s been playing tank a lot more, I dread seeing her. If I see a Mei alongside a Reaper, I know I’m not going to have fun. I’m tired of seeing her.

4 Likes

That is ok, it isn’t about changing the meta. It is about making her less annoying.
Like, Mozts is one of the most chill reasonable people I know, and THEY are this mad about her.
She needs changing, but, she doesn’t need to be just nerfed out.
It is like, we don’t disagree she is a problem, we just disagree on the solution.
I think keeping her balanced with the other DPS, or moving her into the tank lineup is a good plan.

Mozts has just had enough of the problems which haven’t been fixed, and wants her gone I think.

1 Like