Can everyone stop ridiculing devs for posting things that they don't agree with?

What evidence? The “community” doesn’t have evidence, they just have impressions. And when someone with actual evidence comes along, they refuse the facts and hold on to their own biases. Of course the devs don’t want to talk when nobody listen when they do.

I think the reason they don’t communicate more often is we punished them for doing so in the first place. I’d really like more dev communication. So, how do we encourage that? IMO, when they do communicate we at least try to treat them like human beings. That’s a good start. And while some people do that, a lot of people don’t. To be fair, this is common on the internet in general. Just look at how people talk to each other on Twitter. It’s a mess.

1 Like

There really is no pleasing this playerbase, is there?

absolutely not

its a situation that only got progressively worse because when they were listening to feedback the didn’t ACT on it. Look at the history of evidence:

Roadhog damage nerf
Mercy rework
Ironclad Bastion
Vanilla Brig
Hanzo rework
GOATS balance post 222
DVa as a whole

Each and every time, the community saw what was coming, warned what would happen, that fell on deaf ears, patches got pushed live only to be nerfed after the fact. The lack of dev communication to me point more to them not wanting to get warnings about a bad patch before it gets pushed live and I’m not really sure why.

If at my job I was repeatedly warned about problems before they arrive, do nothing then HAVE to address them when they do become problems logic would dictate I start being more proactive about feedback, not less so.

2 Likes

I actually agree with them this time, which is rare.

lmao

1 Like

Unfortunately it is an issue they created themselves. There’s a pretty significant history of it.

1 Like

Such a shame, I remember when the game was relatively new, and not nearly as many people whined. Those were better days…

Except in EACH of these cases, they were as much people against than people for. Again, stop acting as if the community is one unique voice, it’s really not. You’re also forgetting that those forums don’t actually represent the entirety of the playerbase, and that plenty of people don’t actually gives feedback.

The “community” has gotten as much, if not more, things wrong that they’ve gotten things right. You can’t just pretend a unique, synchronousvoice predicted the exact outcome each time.

I’m sorry, but no. Feedback can be wrong, and most of what comes from the “community” is. The fact that people are unable to re-examine themselves is not on the devs.

The people that ended up being right were the ones that warned against those not thought out changes. Almost every time seeing as the game ended up in the very state they warned against. Then when we found out about why they do this, buffing the solution instead of nerfing the problem, it was pretty clear power creep would be the end result and here we are. Even the average player could tell you that making something strong against one thing makes them terrifying against many others.

2 Likes

There is no “WE”. There is no “community”. There isn’t a single entity that reached a consensus and gave a statement. The devs weren’t given a proper, well laid report that they could act on. They had to take into account all the voices, and also all the silences. You can not use hindsight to justify the choices made at a time.

And the average player would also tell you that making something weaker against something could make it miserable against many others. That’s not an argument, that’s a fact.

Well when that something is literally everything, yea it could stand to be toned down.

Yeah, and it’s the same people complaining about the lack of interaction that are attacking the devs for posting. Like come on now you can’t complain about your cake and complain about it too.

I think I’d give them more credit than that.

But I agree, it did feel a little like that.

OW Dev - “Here’s what’s in my pocket”

(Not SEEN as a great gift ; maybe not even intended as a gift. Maybe just something that the devs had in their pocket and we were like “… yeah, about that”)

There was good intention and I’m sure there’s a VERY SPECIFIC concern that’s been made by the devs as to why they don’t want to play with her armor or think that her Boosters will do the trick. Booster buff was needed ; I agree. It might be stronger than any of us really expect - you know those tricky GMs coming up with the best of the cheese. That said, I didn’t see the “power creep” post.

Certain members of the Community - “I hate this”

Me “You’re talking to us??” :smiley: :sob: “I have so much to ask” [/feelfreetoignoreme-imostlyenjoytheworkshop]

Well, we’re OUT OF CAKE! We only had so much and we weren’t expecting such a rush. :stuck_out_tongue:

While I agree that there’s a line to not cross, regarding civility, I disagree when it comes to your example of Mercy. That was on them, using forced megathreads that they were caught out on not apparently reading from pretty much early on (which led to hidden forum profiles so nobody could check such stats anymore). Things could’ve taken a much more positive direction had they actually read some of the discussion and directly interacted with some of it. It started to become negative due to building frustration at feeling and apparently being ignored.

This, is to true!

2 Likes

You’re a platinum player. You wouldn’t understand. The meta hardly revolves around you so you don’t get it when devs make dumb decisions and say dumb things because you can play anything in plat and get away with it. Theres a reason why all high ranked players are upset. No surprise the lower ranks don’t know why

While there is a lot that is actual constructive conversation, i agree that there’s way too many replies with just stupid things. Then again, it is a bit tough to weed that out.

You : THE COMMUNITY IS YELLING AT THE POOR DEVELOPERS HOW DARE YOU DO A CRITICISM

Everyone Else : Did those idiots just say Soldier is balanced?!

1 Like

I’ve been saying for a few years now that I would prefer if the devs never said a word. Anytime one of the Blizzard officials makes any form of statement I see very little good coming from it. Mostly it does more harm than good, and I see absolutely no value in any of the information they provide anyways because I can not trust anything they say.

people only want them to communicate as long as they say the thing that they agree with…anything else is “worthy” of ridicule and/or a 6st grade level response…(ive taught them before…i would know)

this isnt new btw…pretty much been the case since forever…glad to see we’ve matured