Can all 2CP Maps and the Gamemode be Reworked?

maybe just make it 5 tick instead 3 tick,

5 tick 20% each

2 Likes

It is still heartening to know that it’s on the dev’s minds as well. I like the mode in concept, it’s the eternal waves of defenders on point B that I dislike. Also, Hanamura and Anubis have too chokepointy chokepoints.

to be fair when attacking on Paris people have to learn how to boop enemies down from the defender set up spot

just go Hammond or pharah

2 Likes

2CP is my favourite mode and I would hate to see what happened with Horizon Lunar Colony happen again. It used to be my favourite map and the reowkr ruined it for me. I still like its because it is a 2cp map but I’d rather they not be touched.

And just as Kaplan stated here, many people actually DO like the gamemode.

1 Like

I happen to like them more than any other map type by far.

i personally hate anubis, what a bad designed map, or is just the FOV, everything feels too close to me

Right. I’m one of the people that actually really enjoys the mode and most of the maps. Paris and Anubis are even in my Top 5 favorite maps in the game (with Paris being number one). The only 2 CP map I really have issues with is Horizon.

Well, yeah, that makes perfect sense. Because, you build those maps with two points in mind. It’s not like the payload maps where you knew from the start that you would need a big/long map to accommodate the entire journey.

I’m trying to even mentally picture a three capture point map, in my head. And, I really cant. At least, not with the way the 2CP maps are currently set up. The only way I can imagine three points, is with heavy redesign. Which I assume is what you are alluding to, with your comment.

1 Like

Could you talk about were the direction Tank balance is headed in the future?

I actually don’t mind 2 cp overall. However, it has one major problem that makes me hate it; point b stall. Its the absolute worst.

I wondered if people would liked 2CP. If stalling or auto aim characters didn’t exist. It would be interesting to test. If say Horizon and Paris blocked Sym, Torb, Mei, Ball, Bastion, Sombra, Lucio. I don’t have a problem with 2CP. I have a problem with Paris, HLC, and Illios.

not everyone dislikes the modes or the maps

Then let the vocal minority have their enjoyment of them in Arcade where the game mode belongs alongside CTF.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t hate 2CP.

As long as I’m sometimes on attack.

But nope, as someone queueing alone, Im always on defense. Probably because of all the other people on defense who hate 2CP Defense.

I think moving back the respawning doors 20 in game meters for the second point would go a long way to stifle the stall cheese

Can we have 4 or 5 ticks instead of 3? And would it be too hard to increase the distance between spawn doors and point B?

Paris was reworked? Really o.O?

Thats what they said and announced and thats why they removed them from play in comp and its also why they are reworking on them. So yes they already working on it.

2CP used to be my favourite mode before the reworks of Heroes like Symmetra, Torbjörn and Mercy, all of which were arguably great picks for this game mode due to the nature of their kits.

I wouldn’t wanna see it reworked or changed, maybe made slightly less common than other game modes due to the heavy dislike for it?

Biggest issues with 2CP at Diamond+ is attacker advantage and time to win. This makes it a terrible mode for Quickplay where attackers can finish in less than two minutes after queuing for however long. In QP as soon as the map pops up “Defense 2CP” I know I have a slim chance of winning. When over a third of your players are in QP its important for every match to be fair. I’m sure the reverse is true for defenders at lower MMR ranks.

Time spent resetting in ranked is also a huge problem and detracts greatly from the mode. Personally with OW2 I would like to see the whole mode shelved in favor of developing new modes specific to Overwatch. Letting me ban them from my roster of maps would also solve this and a myriad of other issues.

Overwatch is it’s own game and it’s time that Blizzard start seeing that they aren’t beholden to methodology from previous fps titles. Seeing the new payload versions for OW2 has me really excited, their existence will make playing OW2 on OW1 2CP maps tedious. I feel that by far the weakest part of Overwatch is the maps. They have barely scratched the surface and most new maps follow the exact same design philosophy as the launch maps. If you like playing down corridors into chokes we have got you sorted!

Petra from a design standpoint is by far the best map in Overwatch. Accommodating most heroes in a variety of ways across interesting terrain. It feels like an Overwatch only map in that you couldn’t port it to other fps titles. The same can’t be said for a majority of other maps that copy map design elements from games like Counter-strike and Call of Duty. I guess I want more Quake style maps however the games industry has shown the money is with CS/CoD style so that might be a thing.

Would love to see win rates across all levels and all modes for all maps. Do 2CP maps take less server resources because they are smaller thus cost less to run? Explaining the implementation of Lunar and Paris at a time when virtually no one is asking for 2CP…

I hate overtime on payload way more. Deal with that one first.