Can’t join a group after an invite (PS5)

same here, me and my friends (she’s ps5 i’m ps4) play several games when i originally downloaded the game however since the last update we cannot join eachothers lobbies unless someone else on another platform has invited us both. if we just invite eachother nothing happens . it’s super frustrating. i hope it doesn’t last to long

3 Likes

Posting as roll call for another one of the boys in the trenches. Grouping is what makes the game go from good to great. It is beyond frustrating.
Just trying to play with the squad. There isn’t any work around either. All the solutions to a similar problem during launch don’t work. New patch, new version of the bug. Also PS5

3 Likes

I found a inconvenient workaround but it kinda works. If you boot up the game on your pc and invite your friend there(should work) you need to start a gamemode that’s not so popular. If you’re joined on the game on pc you need to close the game completely and open it on you playstation again and then you can join your friend ingame. After the game you can stay as a team. Hope this helps!

Love how its been days of this. A bug affecting a huge swath of players… playing with friends truly is one of the vertebrae in the backbone of this game, and somehow they don’t care to check the bug forums. Like how else are we to contact them if we’re not big streamers who can get some attention on them? It’s extremely frustrating.:woozy_face:

4 Likes

Same here. My buddy has a Ps5 and I have a PS4. We were playing together fine……until the patch. Now every time he sends me an invite or vice versa……and I accept/he accepts……it does absolutely nothing.

5 Likes

Haven’t been able to join a group since the new update….

3 Likes

I figured out that if you can get into the same game with a friend(unranked, arcade, etc) and at the end of the game, you select “stay with team” then you will be in a group with them… It is super annoying but for now, it’s what we’ve had to do…

2 Likes

Same here, it ridiculous that every patch brings more problems than it fixes and it makes it worse that nobody seems to care

2 Likes

Same issue here on PS5. You paying attention, Blizzard?

7 Likes

Im telling you man, Blizzard is doing everything currently in their power to piledrive this game to the cemetery just like they did with ow1, first a ton of console players got 10x comp points and they didnt do a single thing about it, and now this damn group problem? Its been around for what? 5 days now? It took almost an hour just to be able to group up with my friend today, i swear to god man, they simply dont give a single damn about console players, sometimes i just wish they simply kill this game off but at the same time, i love the game, its a curse and a bless. Its a shame such a good game is in such uncapable hands.

5 Likes

Same issue, this has been going on for days now. Please blizzard, we just wanna group up

5 Likes

Yup, having the same issue, i realized it yesterday when the invites weren’t working. A work around that sometimes works is to both be in a ps party and try to join off their profiles.

1 Like

I wonder why blizzard are MIA for a simple acknowledgement of this issue. Maybe their effort is spent pointing the finger at Sony or the PSN?

This issue is seriously the most frustrating thing to deal with. All the workaround hacks barely work or take way too long, or just don’t work.

Say something blizzard!? If there is no update, that is an update! Witness us!!

2 Likes

Poor people cannot play with their friends on PS5 and I am pissed…. This is stupid, and classism and has been going on for DAYS!!! What the actual f$&@ is going on?!

1 Like

Yeah me and my mate are on PS4 and PS5 and we cant join, the only way we can be a team is if one of us solo queues and the other joins them and hopes that someone on the team leaves so we can play the rest of the game then click stay as team after, its a very time consuming way but atleast you can play, hopefully this is fixed soon though as this just makes me want to delete the game and its bad that blizzard have had this massive glitch on for days without fixing it.

3 Likes

Still happening. Please fix or at least acknowledge…

Same issue here. This has been going on for a full week at least. they need to figure this out asap

I have consistently posted to their customer support twitter, and have checked others regarding this issue. The only response we get are that “its a known issue with no eta on fix”. Which is ridiculous…

3 Likes

This is still broken. Please fix this, bliz, I just wanna play with my friends

3 Likes

It’s so weird that this hasn’t been addressed by blizzard, it seems like a simple fix and they haven’t spent any time on it or said anything about it like tf

4 Likes